deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miscellaneous UFO/OVNI/UAP Statements.
Last one. Beer

Following on from pilots, police, military, scientists and gov docs this is the last thread on UFO statements dealing with 'miscellaneous' but was probably the most interesting to compile (and hopefully read).

As always some incredibly strange objects being described by seemingly normal people right across the socio-economic spectrum - they really do seem genuinely mystified and many of the incidents are close range sightings (sometimes in broad daylight) and involve aspects like electromagnetic interference effects, psychological effects, animal reaction and/or ground trace evidence.

There's a good example in the video below where the entire Baker family witnessed a truly bizarre object on the road outside their farm in Mellen, Wisconsin, March 13th, 1975.

The object was reported to be making a large banging noise (whilst also emitting a high pitched whining sound) and the witness sketch can be found here with animal reaction / landing trace info at this link.

Video:

[Video: https://youtu.be/AZzUnEZ8Vtc]

Beer
• Misc:

• "Something is happening that needs the scrutiny and careful attention and the scientific backgrounds of many people from many disciplines to examine adequately.. Some people feel because they haven't been reading in the newspapers every night and hearing it on the radio and television that this UFO phenomena has dried up and gone away - it hasn't. They are still being seen, and heard and reported in many instances."

John P. Timmerman, investigator and treasurer for the J. Allen Hynek Center for UFO Studies (CUFOS).

Video / Link

• "The device had the shape of two saucers, one inverted on top of the other. It must have measured about 1.5 m in height. It was the color of lead. This device had a ridge all the way around its circumference. Under the machine I saw two kinds of pieces as it was lifting off."

Renato Nicolai describes UFO which emitted a whistling sound - Trans-en-Provence, France, January 8th, 1981.

Link: 1 / 2

• "The color of the machine was like a brushed stainless steel. It was rough and you could see while it was revolving that it was sort of grooved all around; you could see kind of grooves, they were darker grey.. a dark grey.. like it had been hot at one time, like steel that gets hot and cools off."

Farmer Edwin Fuhr describes close range encounter with five spinning, domed shaped objects - Langenburg, Saskatchewan, Canada, September 1st, 1974.

Link / Video: 1 / 2 / 3 / Image

• "I am not daydreaming, I did not dream what I saw in my field, I really saw it. The machine looked like a big rugby ball and had the shape of a giant spider. I clearly counted six legs and a central pivot."

Farmer Maurice Masse, Valensole, France, July 1st, 1965.

Link / Video: 20:00

• "These sea-mine-type things with spikes on them came out of the back and grabbed my trousers ripping right through to my skin."

Livingston Development Corporation Forestry Worker Robert Taylor - Dechmont Woods, Scotland, November 9th, 1979.

Link / Video: 1 / 2

• "I was astonished to see this dome shaped object hovering approximately forty feet off the ground in one of the nearby fields, a couple of hundred yards away. It had a cockpit in the centre, with three portholes, and was glowing with violet light. The outside of the craft consisted of what looked like glass panelling, gun metal grey in colour."

Nigel Frapple, Wincanton, Somerset, May 20th, 1954.

Link / Video: 14:50

• "Just as I pulled the drapes a brilliant light hit me in the eyes, It was still dark outside, but about 60 feet away right above the children's ward, there was this object so big and bright I could see everything clearly. The object was circular and had what I guess you would call a top and bottom. The bottom was silvery, like metal, and was shaped like a bowl. There was a string of bright lights around it like a necklace. The top was a dome made of something like glass. It was lit up from inside and I could see right into it."

Nurse Doreen Kendall, Cowichan District Hospital, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, January 1st, 1970.

Link / Video

• "It was a bright red object in the night sky, I thought I was seeing an airplane on fire."

Mona Stafford, UFO also witnessed by Elaine Thomas and Louise Smith - Lancaster, Kentucky, January 6th, 1976.

Video / Link

• "It was all of a sudden the level of the windshield of the car, covering the road bed, I could see the landing gear - that was very much the most frightening moment because it wasn't beside me anymore - it was trying to stop me."

Schoolteacher Carole Forster, Elmswood, Wisconsin, March 2nd, 1975.

Link / Video: 8:50

• "I saw it going up and it hovered right above the car."

Anne Devereaux, Ingleton, North Yorkshire, January 16th, 2005.

Video

• "I left work at the Daventry teachers centre to drive home, I saw a brilliant red light over one side of the road and a brilliant green light over the other - it was attached to something grey and I thought it was an aircraft which was very low but as I got nearer to it I found it was actually stationary. It was grey, smooth and plastic looking it was so smooth. This dumbbell shape with these two bright lights underneath, I had no idea what this object was, I'd never seen anything like it at all."

Schoolteacher Elsie Oakensen - Church Stowe, Daventry, Northamptonshire, November 22nd, 1978.

Video / Link

• "A brilliantly lit, egg-shaped object about 200 feet long was sitting in the road."

Jim Wheeler - Levelland, Texas, November 2nd, 1957 (vehicle interference/multiple reports).

Link / PDF / Video

• "I'd never seen anything like it in my life - it was black in colour, it was shiny, it had three parts to it, it was circular.. I really panicked, I didn't know what to do."

Gary Wood, object also witnessed by Colin Wright - Tarbrax, East Lothian, Scotland, August 27th, 1992.

Video: 5:37

• "We saw this object which was shaped like a crescent moon - it was physical, it was a physical object. I felt like I could have gone up and touched it, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing."

Lynda Jones, suffered burns around the eyes the following day - Didsbury, Manchester, England, July, 1979.

Video

• "I've known Mr Baker for about thirty years and he and his family have been here for a long time and when this story broke on the UFOs he asked me not to put it in the paper because of the anxiety his family was being put through by callers and curiosity seekers so I thought that I wouldn't.. and he was very appreciative that I honoured his wish that I wouldn't."

Newspaper Editor Jasper Landry - entire family witness very strange object on road outside their farm in Mellen, Wisconsin, March 13th, 1975.

Video

• "I looked to the north and it looked like a falling star, it was red and kind of coming down at forty five degrees. So then I watched it and was going to see if it landed and maybe go down and see what it was.. and when it got to the top of the trees it stopped and a blue and a white light came on it."

Farmer Frank Manor, Dexter, Michigan, March 20th, 1966.

Video

• "My guess is that whatever it was, the cow’s seen it and the dogs were raising all kinds of heck, they were all shook up.. It looked like a hotel more than anything. It looked like it had three layers of windows, like compartments - I know what I seen, I don’t care what anybody thinks."

Dairy Farmer Ernie Pacheco describes rectangular UFO (and animal reaction) - Benton County farm, Oregon, April, 1976.

Link

• "It was like amazing really because it was the size of two double decker buses and it was sort of like spinning - spinning round and changing colours."

Farmer Alf Kyme, Bacup, Lancashire, February 24th, 1979.

Video

• "When I came round the corner to check the grounds I looked up in the sky and this UFO was up in the sky - approximately where I later learnt the area where Alan Godfrey had his experience, I didn't know at the time. The object shot across the valley four times backwards and forwards and it vanished over the hills."

School Caretaker Leonard Smith, Todmorden, November 28th, 1980 (same night as PC Alan Godfrey).

Video

• "The object started to glow bright red as if somebody had lit a bonfire in the middle of the field, and it spanned half the field. We could see the outline of it clearly, like a dome, but we couldn't see no doors, but there was no heat, just a red glow like a sunset. We couldn't even hear a bird - everything was dead."

Mrs Bowen, Bentilee Housing Estate, Stoke On Trent, England, September 2nd, 1967.

Link / Video

• "The flying saucer that was near the garden and the ones on the track took off like a spinning top."

Jolié Moreno - Santa Teresa Estate, Trancas, Tucuman Province, Argentina, October 21st, 1963.

Link / PDF

• "It maneuvered like no other craft I've seen, it looked like it was underwater, like the way a nose goes up and down on a submarine".

Colin Saunders, Warwickshire, England, March 31st, 1999.

Video

• "I'm ashamed to tell you cause you're gonna' think I'm crazy - I have never been more frightened in my life."

Police dispatch recordings - two dozen witnesses in more than ten different locations all report strange UFO activity in California, June 14th, 1992.

Video

• "I came in and I couldn't go to sleep. I went over it step by step in my mind, and since then I've sat there and said Louise, you didn't see what you saw, you just think you saw what you saw."

Veteran fire lookout Louise Kutz - Satus Peak Lookout Station, Toppenish Reservation, Yakima, September 29th, 1978.

Link / Video

• "And I saw this thing just come sailing slowly in from the woods, cross the river and just come floating across my garden. It was lit up something terrible. It wasn't going very fast, just slowly along. It was only about six foot long and not quite a foot thick. It looked to be flat on the top and bottom but you couldn't tell, it was lit up so bright. It had whitish lights on the top and bottom, like my kitchen lights, and little red lights on the side. There were six or seven of them, kind of pointed in back like tear drops. It didn't make any noise. Talk about light, you could see just as plain all the way to the end of the garden. It crept crawling along and then it passed behind my woodshed and suddenly everything went black. That's the last I saw of it. It was really nice to see, though. It was pretty.. prettiest thing I've ever seen in my life."

Adolph Birkland, Two Harbors, Minnesota, September, 1974 (Bob Pratt Archives).

Link

• “The UFO was over where the beach was.. hovering I would say maybe a hundred, two hundred feet in the air. It was silver. It was your basic UFO.. it was definitely completely metallic with a silver dome on top and a silver dome on the bottom of it, like two plates put together. And it had little lights around it.”

George Gray describes UFO witnessed whilst driving along the Pacific Coast Highway in Santa Monica.

Book / Reports: Video

• "This thing had landed in the roadway. It took up the whole width of the road and overlapped onto the pavements. It wasn’t on the ground, it had about eight massive suckers. The centre was still, but the outer rim was spinning slowly and it had white lights flashing, like a camera flash. There were about 30 of us staring at it. We could hear it humming."

Rodney Maynard - King Harold’s Way, Bexleyheath, England, July 17th, 1955.

Link / Video

• "I looked up and this is when I seen the huge object above my house and over parts of the barn. I judged it to be at least 150 feet across, it was saucer shaped with a high dome, it was very shiny on the underneath, it was a porcelain type finish.. and I was getting a tremendous shock all over my body, my hair was standing up and I had an electrical static feeling on the hair on my arms and on my head. As it moved out over the field I could start seeing more portions of the top half which was domed shaped and concaves on the side of the dome - sort of like a lemon squeezer."

Bill Pecha - Colusa, California, September 9th, 1976.

Video: 17:20 / PDF

• "It had a white dome on top and a larger orange section underneath - around the bottom there were circular windows or lights."

Caretaker George Blackwell describes UFO which emitted 'an awful scream' - White Acres farm, Rosedale, Victoria, September 30th, 1980.

Link / Video / NewsClipping / Catalogue

• "Then I heard a noise and the next thing I saw was a ‘fire’ disc, like two plates facing each other, on the other side of the barn. I stood there not knowing what to do. My foreman told me the cows were running away. The cows were going crazy, running everywhere, and all the dogs started barking."

Rancher Angel Maria Tonna, Salto, Uruguay, February 18th, 1977 (Bob Pratt Archives).

Link

• "We didn't know what to do. We both got kind of scared. This cold feeling came over me. I got speechless at this time. I was sure, like you almost feel that you were going to get killed or something."

James G. Richards on witnessing an oval, glowing object which hovered near his home and 'lit up bright as day' (house lights dimmed twice) - Columbia, Missouri, June 28th, 1973.

Link: 1 / 2 / Audio: 1:25

• "It was a bright red sphere about as big as a barn. And it was only about a hundred feet off the ground and slowly descending towards the pasture."

Farner George Kowalczyk - UFO also seen by multiple witnesses - Westmoreland Co., Pennsylvania, October 25th, 1973.

Video

• "It was about 25 feet high, and twice that in its diameter. Up near the top were four tiers of two-foot-square square window-looking sections that emitted a yellowish glow."

Rancher James W. Flynn describes UFO which emitted a low hum - Everglades National Park, Florida, March 12th, 1965.

E-Book: Page 12 / Video

• "I looked up and saw a round object.. like the bottom of a plate. It was solid, grayish white.. I felt this thing was going to come down on top of me. It was like a giant mushroom."

Barbara Smith, Beverly, Massachussetts, April 22nd, 1966.

Link

• "His ears looked like hamburgers and were turned inside out."

Mrs Francis Smith after witnessing a UFO that 'looked like a long burner' set fire to her grandson - New Mexico, June 2nd, 1964.

Video / NewsClipping / Link

• "I almost fainted when I looked up at the sky and saw what looked to me like five large dinner plates flying through  the sky."

Mrs. Josephine Hetzel - objects also witnessed by Mr. Frank Gondar, New York, July 18th, 1952.

Link

• "We looked at our clocks and we had three battery running clocks, two in the kitchen and one in the living room and for some strange reason all three clocks were stopped at the same time."

Elaine Crampton, UFO Witness - Pine Bush, New York.

Video: 6:40 

• "Time seemed to have slowed down immensely."

Salma Siddick, Ariel School UFO witness - September 16th, 1994.

Video: 4:00

• "I went to feed the rabbits and they were all laying flat with their legs stretched out on the pavement. That’s when I noticed a strange object hovering over the treetops on the Illinois side on the Mississippi River."

Alan Wagner, toll-taker on the Norbert F. Beckey Bridge, Muscatine, Iowa, July 22nd, 1981.

Link / Video: 10:40

• "There was this amazingly incredible speed and the whole craft disappeared to nothing across the bay in a matter of a second or so."

Father William Booth Gill - Boianai, Papa New Guinea, June 26th, 1959.

Video

• "We're talking about reliable law enforcement officials who say that these things have gone directly over their cars, 50 to 100 feet away. When you don't hear something that does incredible maneuvers, makes 90 degree turns, starts and stops and accelerates at hundreds of miles an hour, then you have to start considering that maybe we are dealing with something that is not made on this earth."

Journalist Lee Spielgel.

NewsClipping

• "In my view and in that of millions like me, there is no question as to the existence in multiple of these advanced machines and in diverse forms-discs, crosses, wedges, triangles, boomerangs, cigars.. The question is not whether they exist but rather are some of them here to do our species harm or good?"

Dan Aykroyd.

Video

• "If you look into the sky in the early morning you see them playing tag between the stars."

Muhammad Ali.

Video

• "They came over so regularly we could time them. Sometimes they stood still, other times they moved so fast it was hard to keep a steady eye on them."

David Bowie.

Link

• "I could have hit it with a brick if I'd have thrown a stone at it."

John Lennon.

Video

• "There are many reasons to beleive that they (UFOs) do exist, there is so much evidence from reliable witnesses."

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh - London Sunday Dispatch, March 28th, 1954.

Link

• “Don’t look up, because once you look up, and you tell somebody what you saw, your life is changed forever.”

WYVE News Reporter Danny Gordon - Wytheville UFO flap, Virginia, October, 1987.

Video

• "Something is going on in the skies that we do not understand. If all the airline pilots and Air Force pilots who have seen UFOs and sometimes chased them have been the victims of hallucinations, then an awful lot of pilots should be taken off and forbidden to fly."

Captain Guillaume Kervendal, French Gendarmerie.

• "We've got a lot of similarities in descriptions of the UFO sightings and then there's some differences as well.. of course back in the early years we were getting a lot of reports of the big discs, back in the late sixties for example around here we had a lot of reports of very large, solid, sometimes battleship grey, metallic domed shaped objects - some with portholes or windows in them. Some of them very low to the ground, even reports of them on the ground."

Researcher Stan Gordon - Chestnut Ridge, Allegheny Mountains, Pennsylvania.

Video

• "I have found there are real objects under in intelligent control being seen on the ground and in our skies worldwide. The unknowns have varied over the decades from 22 percent in my own civilian files, 30 percent in the University of Colorda Condon Committee scientific studies, to at least 40 percent (recently revised) found in the U.S. Air Force Project Blue Book military investigations. This is not acceptable, no matter who is doing the investigations."

Researcher George Fawcett - Ronald Story, Encyclopedia.

NewsClipping

• "Here you have the statistics now published on the official French website of the National Centre for Space Studies and what does it say? It says that about 28% of their UFO files are 'unknown' unidentified flying objects.

If we go back in time you had in the U.S. a very important study which was called 'Special Report 14' (PDF) by the Batelle Memorial Institute for Project Bluebook and they found a 25.5% 'unknown' rate so we are now finding these kinds of figures for the French files."

Gildas Bourdais on official French UFO research.

Video: 29:29

• "Much more disturbing are the indications from my limited review of BB cases that there may be as many as possibly 4,000 Unexplained UFO cases miscategorized as IFO's in the BB files. McDonald similarly stated in 1968 at his CASI lecture that from his review of BB cases he estimated that 30-40% of 12,000 cases were Unexplained, or about 3,600 to 4,800. These are mostly military cases and many involve radar."

Researcher Brad Sparks.

PDF

• "We are constantly getting calls, most of all from the FAA - hardly a day goes by when we don't get a call from the FAA about a report to them - also from members of law enforcement, fire or emergency facilities and so on.."

Peter Davenport - National UFO Reporting Centre (NUFORC).

Video / Site / Archives

• "I still have never seen a UFO, but I have talked to about two thousand people who have, and they long ago convinced me."

Researcher Bob Pratt after interviewing UFO witnesses from the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Puerto Rico, Peru, Uruguay, Japan and the Philippines.

Archives

• "Objects like these have been tracked on radar and other instruments, left puzzling ground traces, stopped motor vehicles, interfered with electrical systems and provided other kinds of evidence of their physical and technological presence."

Researcher Jerome Clark.

Video

• "After 30 years of research it is obvious that UFO traces represent the most direct approach to resolving the UFO mystery.. When they leave traces behind, we have something tangible to examine long after the object is gone. I believe the data indicates constructed machines under some sort of intelligent control which can interact with their surroundings in a very physical way. What these machines are or where they might originate are open questions. These questions simply cannot be answered by ignoring the facts."

CUFOS Researcher Ted Phillips, founder and director of the Center for Physical Trace Research.

Video: 1 / 2

• “The UFO phenomenon is undoubtedly real and represents one of humanity’s greatest concerns, yet one that it has steadily chosen to ignore over the years, largely out of complacency.”

Researcher Scott Corrales - Institute Of Hispanic Ufology.

Link / PDF: 1 / 2

• "One of the greatest UFO mysteries of all time."

AFU Researcher Clas Svahn describes the 'ghost rocket' wave of 1946 - reports came in from Finland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Portugal, France, Tangiers, Italy, Belgium and Greece.

Video: 6:20 / PDF / Archives

• "Over a thirteen year period roughly I started amassing a huge collection of casefiles and material and then parsing the data to look for commonalities in the reports - common characteristics. I worked up a working profile if you will of these triangular UFOs, put together a comprehensive timeline showing that these reports not only went back to the 1980's and 1990's but in point of fact went back to the 1970's, 1960's, 1950's and 1940's."

Researcher and archivist David Marler.

• "The UFO wave of 1954 was the first time there was a large concentration of reports involving UFOs apparently causing electrical system problems for automobiles."

Researcher Donald A. Johnson.

PDF / Link / Video: 1 / 2

• "Unquestionably something very extraordinary is going on and unquestioningly it's a very bewildering mystery."

British Ambassador Gordon Creighton.

Video

• "Among the hundreds of so-called 'UFO reports' each year, a sizable fraction of those clearly observed by reputable witnesses remain unexplained - and difficult to explain in conventional terms. There is a modicum of physical of physical evidence, radar cases, residual cases and some films – and photographs in support of the unexplained cases.. In answer to the skeptical objection that the alleged unexplained cases have not been thoroughly investigated, that is exactly my point. They should be. The circumstantial - and sometimes physical - evidence indicates something real is going on for which no satisfactory explanation currently exists."

Researcher Richard Hall.

Link / PDF

• "There is no doubt in my mind that today if not many times over the past fifty years we have had the surveillance capabilities to completely monitor the activities of certain UFO flights and know exactly when they’re going, where they’re going, how they’re going, where they appear form and leave to, all the characteristics about them - we have radar based devices that will not only show the distance, direction and azimuth of an object and all that but will also how shape. We have devices the army has developed for tracking projectiles - they check the acoustic wave and when something crosses over they can immediately track that data and go back to the source.. I don’t believe any of these things fly over our country today without being known and if somebody wanted the UFO mystery to completely disappear they could in five minutes release enough data to show exactly what’s going on and is not going on."

John F. Schuessler, Executive Director of MUFON (Ret.)

Video / Catalogue

• "The way an intelligence analyst at the National Security Agency put it to me, Richard he said, for a considerable period of time there has been a cultural intrusion of other intelligent life into the psychosphere of humanity and for our own political, economic, social and cultural reasons we see it and we know it and we discuss it in popular culture but we limit our discussion with an official refusal to acknowledge its reality."

Richard Thieme.

Link / Video

• Links:

The Big Study / Project 1947 / CUFOS / NICAP / Ufologie / BlackVault / Noufors / NARCAP / RealTVUFOs / E-Books: 1 / 2

Archives:

AFU / Keyhoe / McDonald / Pratt / Greenwood / Gross / Other

Audio:

Connors / NICAP / NUFORC / Noufors
Unidentified flying object lands in front of George O'Barski (also EM effects on car radio).

Pretty compelling testimony and could be wrong but don't think he's making things up lol.

[Video: https://youtu.be/gltmKizN_eM]

Quote:• "I would say that that thing was 30 ft across. It was a big thing, and I would say, maybe 6 ft high, like a pancake blown-up, and the thing landed right ahead of me."

George O'Barski, North Hudson Park, North Bergen, NJ - January 12th, 1975.

Link / PDF

Beer
Following on from this quote taken from this thread:

Quote:• "They were really scared. They didn’t know what to do. They were so terrified they didn’t fish. They wanted guns to shoot.. We had to explain to them that they couldn’t shoot at the UFOs or things could get worse."

Brazilian Military Investigator Sergeant Álvaro Pinto Santos - Colares, Brazil, 1977.

Below are some miscellaneous quotes on the Colares UFO flap, Brazil, 1977:

Quote:• "People and animals were attacked. There was no food. Terrible lack of food. No one was fishing. People would not go out to their vegetable gardens for crops. Everybody tried to go around in large groups. Nobody wanted to be left alone. All of Colares stopped. At six o'clock it got dark and we would go to sleep. Groups of as many as fifty to sixty women and children would get together in one house. The men would stay awake all night. They lit bonfires and banged on pots and pans to make noise to scare the UFOs away. People began to shoot into the sky to scare them away."

Ana Célia Oliveira.

• "Sometimes the UFOs go into the water. I’ve seen blue lights moving around under the water, and I’ve seen them come out. It just goes up and away in a northern direction, up and down in a wavy motion toward the ocean.. It began with lights all over Colares.. sometimes in the shape of a hat, round, discs, like an umbrella.. They seemed to come from way high up from many places, one from the sky, one from the bay.. They put out a strong light, too bright to see a shape. The light was blinding. One time we saw three or four objects come together into one big one. They seemed to come from different directions and then joined together. Many times we could see them going across the island toward Belém. They didn’t make any noise. Very silent.. One time we saw many UFOs coming out of the water at the same time, one, two, three, four.. Many lights came out of the water. Huge objects went into the water, came down and went into the water."

Rosio Oliveira, 1999 MUFON interview.

• “I stopped and came out of the car to see it better. It's lights were green, red and yellow and turned on and off clockwise. It was swaying but, suddenly, the lights became stronger and it went up. It disappeared and did not land."

Priest Alfredo de LaÓ, Colares Church.

• "Everybody else was asleep. I was just still having my last smoke when suddenly a ball of fire entered our house up near the ridgepole of the gable. It started shooting round and round the room and then finally came right close to my hammock. It ran up my right leg as far as the knee (without touching my skin). I watched with much curiosity as it then moved across to the other leg. Then I started to feel feeble and sleepy."

Carlos Cardoso de Paula, village barber.

• "The reason the phenomenon could not be denied was very simple: every evening the UFOs appeared, coming from the north. In some cases, they flew down from the sky, in others, they emerged out of the ocean. I saw a photograph of an object with a luminous white ring flying right out of the brackish water at dusk. They came over the islands at low altitude and circled; they descended as if to land; they made loops and accelerated suddenly; they hovered over houses and probed the inside with beams. They even emerged out of larger objects and reentered them. And this happened on schedule, every evening for three months."

Dr. Jacques F. Vallee, Astrophysicist.

• "We clearly saw small ships going into a bigger ship, and they filmed them going into the water and coming out of the water. The ships were estimated to be about ten meters in diameter. They had various shapes. The biggest one was cigar-shaped, a long cigar. Another was a great big ball, another like a hat, a whole festival of forms. What impressed me the most were the ships going into and out of the water.”

Lieutenant Colonel Gabriel Brasil (Ret.)

• "All of them had suffered lesions to the face or the thoracic area. The lesions began with intense reddening of the skin in the affected area. Later the hair would fall out and the skin would turn black. There was no pain, only a slight warmth. One also noticed small puncture marks in the skin. The victims were men and women of varying ages, without any pattern. Two persons I took to the hospital in the capital, Belém, had died. I took them in my car. And when they gave me the death certificate, I could read 'unknown reason'. The victims had the burns, the tiny holes, the examination. I mean, it's very easy to hide things in this country. I've been compelled by Brazilian Air Force to convince the locals that the lights attacking them were mass hallucinations and that what they saw has never happened."

Doctor Wellaide Cecim Carvalho - Local Physician, Colares, Brazil, 1977.

• "They say they are releasing all the documentation, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. We have about 500 pages compiled, but no information that this number reaches 2000. None of the 16 hours of footage of UFOs in Colares was released, for example."

Researcher A.J. Gevaerd.

Link 1 / 2 / Video / Documents
Town residents report rather freaky objects (and sounds) in the skies over Warminster, Wiltshire, England, 1965.

Quote:• "It was a giant plate of light. It lit up the whole horizon with a glare. It was flying low over the landscape and appeared to be spinning."

Police Constable Eric Pinnock - Warminster.

• "The objects were cigar-shaped and covered with bright lights which winked and blinked... They were various shades of gold and yellow..."

Hilda Hebdidge, Warminster.

• "The cigar-shaped glow hung, a brilliant spectacle in the sky for a good twenty five minutes or more. There was a distinct dark circular patch or aperture at the base of the fiery object, which threw off a halo of red-orange light. The craft was horizontal, not vertical."

Patricia Phillips and family, Heytesbury.

• "A large red ball in the south which rose into the sky and hung down, opening up once more into a flaming poker. It had a black base at its rim...It was the size of our front room to my eyes – it was so close... A sizzling or crackling sound, not unlike eggs and bacon frying in a pan, could be heard..."

Dora Horlock, Warminster.

• "Fantastic spectacle... shining Thing going sideways... Porthole type windows... To my eyes it was the size of... a bedroom wall... Windows were lit up..."

Kathleen Penton, Warminster.

• "Woken by a terrible droning sound. It made the bed and floor shake. I went over to the bedroom window and looked out... about 200 yards above the range of hills... was a bright object like a massive star... domed on top and huge in size, and unwinking light of uncanny brilliance."

Rachel Atwill, Warminster.

• "Its speed and change of direction were almost unbelievable."

Terry Pell, Warminster.

Video / Link / NewsClippings (PDF) : 1 / 2
• Physical trace UFO case from Alabama, 1976.

Quote:• "I got about halfway down the road and suddenly in the distance about treetop level this huge object just lit up and it was a glowing, orange, red colour.. I have no idea what I saw but it scared me to death - it was bigger than my house.'

Jeanine Lyles, Alabama, 1976.

Video

• Family witness UFO hovering outside their home - Anderson, South Carolina. September 11th, 1980.

Quote:• "I never believed in them but I believe in them now.™

Jerry McAlistar.

NewsClipping: 1 / 2 / 3 / Video
Ted Phillip's assistant talking about Marley Woods.

Quote:• "It is a place of high strangeness that goes back several generations."

Researcher Thomas Ferrario.

Video

Also some very strange accounts coming out of a small, localised area in Yorkshire, England.

Quote:• "It looked like a huge breadstick above the trees."

Researcher Paul Sinclair.