deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good Horror Films.
I liked brightburn too and I hope they make origin stories for the other 'kids" that were dropped on the planet that you see at the end. Oops that might be a spoiler idk sorry if it is but still, cool stuff

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
(07-03-2024, 05:42 AM)Kurokage Wrote: I liked Brightburn purely for its juxtaposition of the Superman story. Would an all powerful being really be friendly and fight for justice or would he crush us under foot?

I think that depends on the initial personality of the yet-to-be superhero(unless they were born that way), but I suppose it's also possible that such godly powers could nudge the personality towards malevolence or vice versa.
(07-03-2024, 08:16 AM)CCoburn Wrote: I think that depends on the initial personality of the yet-to-be superhero(unless they were born that way), but I suppose it's also possible that such godly powers could nudge the personality towards malevolence or vice versa.

I also saw the Cuckoo behaviour in how the 'child' was delivered to it's surrogate family. Does the chick care for the other birds it removes from the 'nest'? Would BB see us for who we are or just 'chicks' to cast out? I saw the movie as thought provoking.

So what do people think to this awesome peice of cinema?

[Video: https://youtu.be/snTu52_QKqE?si=1Y-SMJ2e2l-Wob_N]

"Denial is a common tactic that substitutes deliberate ignorance for thoughtful planning." 
Charles Tremper
Thanks for replies and some great recommendations Beer

(07-01-2024, 10:19 AM)Kurokage Wrote: For a real horror, I've got to go with Exorcist 3. It still has one of the best jump scares of all time, and still remember seeing a whole cinema jump. 

Extremely good call mate - absolute corker of a film and still remember that woman scuttling around on the ceiling lol.

Think I'll watch it agaIn tonight. Beer
(06-29-2024, 09:46 PM)broccoli Wrote: that looks amazing I'm actually going to watch that

Personally think it's an absolutely fantastic film Broccoli but let us know what you thought of it.

The Hollywood remake 'Let Me In' is also surprisingly awesome (and rather scary).

[Video: https://youtu.be/D4MYU6lhh3s]

Beer
(07-02-2024, 04:28 AM)OneStepBack Wrote: If you don't mind sub-titles the Russian horror film Sputnik (2020) is worth watching. 

Do like a bit of world cinema mate and that one looks promising - thanks for the post. Beer

Don't know if you've seen South Korea's 'Train To Busan' but as zombie flicks go it's rather good.

[Video: https://youtu.be/ujb8DmlJtpE]

Beer
I will look out for it mate. I am zombied out but will make an exception for this one.

Thumbup Smile
.. an upbeat cynic

My Avatar: AI-generated "Peter Cushing in the style of Johannes Vermeer"