deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Donald Trump found guilty on all counts in ‘hush money’ trial
(06-01-2024, 12:40 PM)BeyondKnowledge Wrote: I was meaning 10 years total for life of the person in any elected office.

Seven years as dog catcher would make anyone ineligible for the 4 year presidental term.

Yes, I misunderstood, do they still vote for animal control? 

LOL but, I'll vote for you if you can make it happen...

(06-01-2024, 01:51 PM)K218b Wrote: I don't know why they couldn't.
It was crystal clear what happened.

As for the current events, it's a boost to his ele in his election campaign
Im gobsmacked Trump is still in the race, 4 cases, millions of dollars spent

It's not sounding crystal clear at all, and TPTB can not miss on this one, one reason it's being delayed and TPTB can't be certain of a conviction.

They can't afford to have it brought to the USSC and be dismissed either.

China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea BTW have to be loving the political turmoil and theater. 

Not even going to get into the congressional hush/slush fund.  

$300k in taxpayer funds has been spent settling sexual harassment claims against Congress, report says

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/30...eport-says

Common Cause Calls for Full Disclosure of Congressional Slush Funds and Shady Deals Used to Hide Sexual Harassment & Other Abuses
https://www.commoncause.org/media/common...er-abuses/

The main thing its not hitting him in the polls hard enough

[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-01-16-51-57-097.jpg]

https://apnews.com/article/trump-trial-h...2080eba0ad
Quote:The January 6th  case has been slowed for months by an appeal to the U.S. Supreme Court on a legally untested question about presidential immunity. What the justices decide will determine when, and how, it proceeds — and if there’s any chance of a trial before November.

The court heard arguments April 25 on Trump’s claims that a former president is immune from prosecution for official White House acts, a position vigorously contested by federal prosecutors who say there’s no protection in the Constitution or anywhere in the law for commanders in chief who commit crimes.
The justices puzzled during arguments over where the line should be drawn, and though it seemed unlikely from their questions that they’ll adopt Trump’s views of absolute immunity, they did seem potentially poised to narrow the case. A decision is expected by the end of June or early July.

One option will be to send it back to the trial judge, Tanya Chutkan, for her to determine which allegations in the indictment constitute official acts and must therefore be stricken from the case — and which do not.
 That kind of analysis could be time-consuming and result in additional delays, though by the same token, a more slender set of allegations could make the case easier for the Smith team to prosecute and eat up less time on the election-year clock.

Either way, a monthslong gap between the high court’s decision and any trial means the case will have been pushed far off course from its trial date. And though a trial could conceivably start this fall, at the very earliest, it seems more likely that there won’t be time to squeeze it in.

If Trump loses the election, this case — like the others — will presumably proceed as before. But if he wins, he could appoint an attorney general who would seek the dismissal of this case and the other federal prosecution he faces. He could also attempt to pardon himself if he reclaims the White House.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(06-01-2024, 01:01 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: Trumps crime.

Cohen paid Stormy for signing an NDA, 130K. Trump paid back Cohen the 130K in 12 installments.

Then Trump who just paid his lawyer, ledgered it in accounting as legal fees. 12 Times.

Cohen had invoiced Trump to pay him legal fees 10 times.

12 plus 12 plus 10

Now compare that to Hillary paying legal fees to her lawyer for creating the Steele Dossier.

Yes, this is a political witch hunt.

But the lawyer paid, from the Lawyers funds, the hush money well before Trump ran for president. The lawyer then billed Trump for the payment and got paid, from Trump's personal account, months after becoming president.

Timing is everything. How did Trump benefit in his presidential campaign when he paid the lawyer after he was already elected and in office?

Just to clarify the timing of these transactions.
Does anyone know the minimum safe distance of ignorance?
(06-01-2024, 02:09 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: Everything I posted was fact.

It's like a court charging 34 counts of murder to someone who stabbed a person 34 times.

It's a witch hunt.
Is it?

Do you claim that there is only one count and the rest 33 of them don't exist and have been fabricated?
Weaponization of the legal system to prosecute an opponent in an election is all this was.

Bill Clinton anyone?

This will have Far reaching consequences for the Dems. Mark my words.

I speak with the public 6 days a week sometimes, and I am seeing FJB shirts appearing, and little old uninformed white women “who have always voted Democrat” realize they have to change their voting habits, not only for the Presidential election but starting with town hall.

I hear daily now “Vote them all out”.

Stormy Daniel’s trash looking for a payday
Cohen theiving, jilted conman

Let’s not even mention the bias with the judge and prosecution?

God sees all! What happened to President Trump was evil.

Stand strong President Trump. We Love you and support you!
In tune
(06-02-2024, 05:16 AM)KTemplar Wrote: Weaponization of the legal system to prosecute an opponent in an election is all this was.

Bill Clinton anyone?

This will have Far reaching consequences for the Dems. Mark my words.

I speak with the public 6 days a week sometimes, and I am seeing FJB shirts appearing, and little old uninformed white women “who have always voted Democrat” realize they have to change their voting habits, not only for the Presidential election but starting with town hall.

I hear daily now “Vote them all out”.

Stormy Daniel’s trash looking for a payday
Cohen theiving, jilted conman

Let’s not even mention the bias with the judge and prosecution?

God sees all! What happened to President Trump was evil.

Stand strong President Trump. We Love you and support you!

I don't agree either with the weaponization of the legal system to deal with political opponents. But that's different to not indict politicians who have committed crimes based on non indictment of their political opponents. That's where the legal system fails. Hillary and Bill should have been charged as imo they commited the same crimes but were never prosecuted.

(06-01-2024, 03:03 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Yes, I misunderstood, do they still vote for animal control? 

LOL but, I'll vote for you if you can make it happen...

Im gobsmacked Trump is still in the race, 4 cases, millions of dollars spent

It's not sounding crystal clear at all, and TPTB can not miss on this one, one reason it's being delayed and TPTB can't be certain of a conviction.

They can't afford to have it brought to the USSC and be dismissed either.

China, Russia, Iran, and North Korea BTW have to be loving the political turmoil and theater. 

Not even going to get into the congressional hush/slush fund.  

$300k in taxpayer funds has been spent settling sexual harassment claims against Congress, report says

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/30...eport-says

Common Cause Calls for Full Disclosure of Congressional Slush Funds and Shady Deals Used to Hide Sexual Harassment & Other Abuses
https://www.commoncause.org/media/common...er-abuses/

The main thing its not hitting him in the polls hard enough

[Image: https://i.ibb.co/NyqX5dT/Screenshot-2024...57-097.jpg]

https://apnews.com/article/trump-trial-h...2080eba0ad

Maybe not to you but it's crystal clear to me. Falsifying business records is of much less significance and much lesser of a crime to storming the Capitol where under normal circumstances Trump and many of his supporters would have been handled lengthy jail sentences.
(06-02-2024, 05:26 AM)K218b Wrote:  

Maybe not to you but it's crystal clear to me. Falsifying business records is of much less significance and much lesser of a crime to storming the Capitol where under normal circumstances Trump and many of his supporters would have been handled lengthy jail sentences.

In respect to Deny Ignorance Im going to back off this one after this exchange.

First of all, one has to ask if a poster is categorically wrong on one point, is thier whole argument flawed? what else have they completely ignored?

#1 Are you not paying attention? Many of the participants on January 6th are getting lengthy sentences Just as our government and court system should work. Why spread false information here or anywhere else? No more no less

https://apnews.com/article/john-george-t...a5fe05b739 

Quote:Quote:Over 1,400 people have been charged with Capitol riot-related federal crimes. Nearly 900 of them have been sentenced, with roughly two-thirds of them receiving a term of imprisonment ranging from a few days to 22 years.

#2 This is why I support RFKjr in 2024, we have become too partisan and less tolerant of opposing political views. In a country of 330 million plus people as diverse as the US is, we must find our common ground or live in perpetual political chaos, societal disruption, and division

Leaders of the Democrats and the Republicans love the division and how the chaos energizes thier respective voter bases. So their respective supporters sometimes spurt out untruths, exaggerations, and outright lies to support their argument more no less. They wallow in thier ignorance instead of denying it. 

#3 Lastly where did I say, suggest In this thread or any other thread, or infer falsifying business records was less important than Trump's charges on January 6th?

I did not, yet you have that notion floating around in your old noodle for some reason. All I said was the January 6th charges will be more difficult to prove. No more no less

So your response is 2/3rds falsehoods and 1/3rd solely your opinion.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(06-02-2024, 09:13 PM)putnam6 Wrote: In respect to Deny Ignorance Im going to back off this one after this exchange.

First of all, one has to ask if a poster is categorically wrong on one point, is thier whole argument flawed? what else have they completely ignored?

#1 Are you not paying attention? Many of the participants on January 6th are getting lengthy sentences Just as our government and court system should work. Why spread false information here or anywhere else? No more no less

https://apnews.com/article/john-george-t...a5fe05b739 

#2 This is why I support RFKjr in 2024, we have become too partisan and less tolerant of opposing political views. In a country of 330 million plus people as diverse as the US is, we must find our common ground or live in perpetual political chaos, societal disruption, and division

Leaders of the Democrats and the Republicans love the division and how the chaos energizes thier respective voter bases. So their respective supporters sometimes spurt out untruths, exaggerations, and outright lies to support their argument more no less. They wallow in thier ignorance instead of denying it. 

#3 Lastly where did I say, suggest In this thread or any other thread, or infer falsifying business records was less important than Trump's charges on January 6th?

I did not, yet you have that notion floating around in your old noodle for some reason. All I said was the January 6th charges will be more difficult to prove. No more no less

So your response is 2/3rds falsehoods and 1/3rd solely your opinion.

Most of his supporters who participated in the riots were handled light sentences. The majority of them. And the person behind the event, Trump himself, wasn't even charged. He was very 'lucky' I can say and he could save received a lengthy sentence at that time.

Quote:Early on, the majority of charges filed against the rioters were for disorderly conduct and unlawful entry.[11] Other charges include assault on law enforcement officers;[12] trespassing; disrupting Congress; theft or other property crimes; weapons offenses; making threats; and conspiracy, including seditious conspiracy.[13] Some criminal indictments are under seal.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_p...tol_attack

My argument was clear and I didn't misinform the readers as you claimed. You think I don't read the news and don't know what is happening?

My second point is still valid. Trump was convicted for falsifying business records which is by far a much lesser crime to what happened with the Capitol riots.

I also maintain my position that he isn't the only person who should have charged for similar crimes. Hillary and Bill did exactly the same and were never charged for anything. But that's a failure of the legal system.
(06-03-2024, 05:10 AM)K218b Wrote: Most of his supporters who participated in the riots were handled light sentences. The majority of them. And the person behind the event, Trump himself, wasn't even charged. He was very 'lucky' I can say and he could save received a lengthy sentence at that time.

My argument was clear and I didn't misinform the readers as you claimed. You think I don't read the news and don't know what is happening?

My second point is still valid. Trump was convicted for falsifying business records which is by far a much lesser crime to what happened with the Capitol riots.

I also maintain my position that he isn't the only person who should have charged for similar crimes. Hillary and Bill did exactly the same and were never charged for anything. But that's a failure of the legal system.
You can maintain all you want, I maintain I can still fit in my size 30 jeans, but that doesn't make it a reality.LOL

Light sentences? really? One guy received 2 years in Federal prison, his charge, threw a rock at a door at the Capitol. 

FWIW Im speaking solely on January 6th, and not going to engage in any whataboutisms, on past events no matter how legit it may or may not be. That's how these discussions go sideways, we don't need that here. 

Even your Wikipedia source shows who was charged for what and how long, not sure what you expected but numerous people were/are getting charged and convicted of sentences of 5 years up to 22 years in Federal prison. Even Trump's case is still ongoing. 

The American wheels of justice move slowly combined with the size and scope of January 6th were unprecedented, but the courts are working just as they should. Like for instance the notoriously well-known Buffalo headdress guy was released because the man is mentally ill, again a fair and just decision.

As for Trump, his case, is just delayed, another completely normal function and procedure of the American justice system.

Not sure what you expected but more or less is working as it should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_pr...tion_case)
Quote:United States of America v. Donald J. Trump is a pending federal criminal case against Donald Trump, the president of the United States from 2017 to 2021, regarding his alleged participation in attempts to overturn the 2020 U.S. presidential election, including his involvement in the January 6 Capitol attack.

Quote:Most defendants face "two class-B misdemeanor counts for demonstrating in the Capitol and disorderly conduct, and two class-A misdemeanor counts for being in a restricted building and disruptive activity", according to BuzzFeed, and therefore most plea deals address those misdemeanors. Some defendants have been additionally charged with felonies.[sup][118][/sup] A year after the attack, of the approximately 277 rioters sentenced to prison for January 6 crimes, the median sentence was 60 days; those who had committed crimes of violence generally received longer incarceration. Other punishments include home detention, fines, probation, and community service.[sup][39][/sup]
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(06-03-2024, 12:56 PM)putnam6 Wrote: You can maintain all you want, I maintain I can still fit in my size 30 jeans, but that doesn't make it a reality.LOL

Light sentences? really? One guy received 2 years in Federal prison, his charge, threw a rock at a door at the Capitol. 

FWIW Im speaking solely on January 6th, and not going to engage in any whataboutisms, on past events no matter how legit it may or may not be. That's how these discussions go sideways, we don't need that here. 

Even your Wikipedia source shows who was charged for what and how long, not sure what you expected but numerous people were/are getting charged and convicted of sentences of 5 years up to 22 years in Federal prison. Even Trump's case is still ongoing. 

The American wheels of justice move slowly combined with the size and scope of January 6th were unprecedented, but the courts are working just as they should. Like for instance the notoriously well-known Buffalo headdress guy was released because the man is mentally ill, again a fair and just decision.

As for Trump, his case, is just delayed, another completely normal function and procedure of the American justice system.

Not sure what you expected but more or less is working as it should.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_pr...tion_case)

One guy, maybe a few others too. See link. Most of them received light sentences in a major event we have never seen before. The person behind this event wasn't even charged and he could have ended along with many others in jail for long time. I don't think you pay attention to what is said in the thread but you do try to somehow defend the former president. Do you think his conviction is unfair? If you do then you should ask yourself why he wasn't convicted before for more serious matters.

History is not whataboutism. The Capitol riots is a historical event and the current conviction of Trump is another historical event.
(06-03-2024, 03:40 PM)K218b Wrote: One guy, maybe a few others too. See link. Most of them received light sentences in a major event we have never seen before. The person behind this event wasn't even charged and he could have ended along with many others in jail for long time. I don't think you pay attention to what is said in the thread but you do try to somehow defend the former president. Do you think his conviction is unfair? If you do then you should ask yourself why he wasn't convicted before for more serious matters.

History is not whataboutism. The Capitol riots is a historical event and the current conviction of Trump is another historical event.

LOL, you are reading a lot into my posts, so much so it's why I hate threads like this. As well as why Deny Ignorance wants to move away from the useless back-and-forth.

What's historical is how far off you are in even identifying what my opinion is, I'll take responsibility even though I thought it was clear and obvious. You can lead a horse to water but you can not make them think.

Ive repeatedly and have had to correct your exaggerated assumptions like in this last post assuming Im defending Trump, show me where that shit occurred?

Seriously  

It's complete BS, and it almost feels like baiting... not going to bite.

Im not even going to post why it is complete BS either.

Suffice it to say I watched January 6th unfold live, on the internet and TV, as it happened, there's a lot that happened that day I didn't like from all sides, including most everything Trump did or said that day. It wasn't the time or place, but he couldn't help himself
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart