deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 2.83 Average
Donald Trump found guilty on all counts in ‘hush money’ trial
My opinion is that Trump should have already been convicted for much more serious crimes when he mobilised the 'patriotic' mob back in 2021 which resulted in the very well known Capitol riots.

The Capitol riots resulted in serious injuries and deaths and behind the mobilisation was Donald Trump himself. The act looked like an attempted coup or a terror attack. He should have received a very lengthy sentence back then.
(06-01-2024, 11:45 AM)K218b Wrote: My opinion is that Trump should have already been convicted for much more serious crimes when he mobilised the 'patriotic' mob back in 2021 which resulted in the very well known Capitol riots.

Hmmm, you don't think if TPTB could have made that happen, they would have?

Respectfully they didn't because they couldn't guarantee they could make it stick. 

Getting a conviction in New York was much easier but time will tell if it derails Trump's campaign. REALITY. 

[Image: Screenshot-2024-06-01-12-56-55-777.jpg]
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(06-01-2024, 09:29 AM)putnam6 Wrote: Well, all the added publicity and making Trump seem to be attacked, sure did help his campaign finances a lot. Now his base is re-energized even more than his campaign coffers. LOL if they wanted to end Trump's campaign this probably isn't effective.

Predictably...

now will the Republican Party cut bait and go with Nikki Haley?

The political theater ALONE is tiresome, detrimental, and distracting from what our politicians should be doing...

Now that I look at it, he says "donors" and not "dollars."

Now... you may not be on his email list, but I am.  His staff has apparently filtered the chryons right now, but in the past I've noticed a lot of $1.00 donations, which indicate someone from the liberal/democrat/independent/objecting Republicans side paying a token amount so they can give him their negative opinions of his proposed political platform, his stance on issues, and ...everything about him.  Yes, these do energize his base... but it doesn't look as if the base is that robust.

By the way, whoever designed and did the basic format for these emails is a pure marketing genius.  And I mean that sincerely.  They're crafted to very effectively encourage his hardcore folks to send more money.

I agree that the political theatre is tiresome and I do want the politicians to get back to administrative and legislative duties and quit posturing.
(06-01-2024, 09:29 AM)putnam6 Wrote:  Hell 10 years is too long in my estimation, maybe do it like the weatherman and temperatures. For example, Biden has only been President for 3 1/2 years, but it FEELS like he has been President for 10 years. 

I can't think of a Senator, Congressperson, Governor, or Mayor where I'd need to see them serve 10 years. 

The 7-year itch rule applies... after getting screwed by the same person for 6-7 years you are usually ready for a little variety.

Well, all the added publicity and making Trump seem to be attacked, sure did help his campaign finances a lot. Now his base is re-energized even more than his campaign coffers. LOL if they wanted to end Trump's campaign this probably isn't effective.

Predictably...

now will the Republican Party cut bait and go with Nikki Haley?

The political theater ALONE is tiresome, detrimental, and distracting from what our politicians should be doing...

[Image: https://i.ibb.co/CpyjYZW/Screenshot-2024...13-431.jpg]

I was meaning 10 years total for life of the person in any elected office.

Seven years as dog catcher would make anyone ineligible for the 4 year presidental term.
Does anyone know the minimum safe distance of ignorance?
(06-01-2024, 11:45 AM)K218b Wrote: My opinion is that Trump should have already been convicted for much more serious crimes when he mobilised the 'patriotic' mob back in 2021 which resulted in the very well known Capitol riots.

The Capitol riots resulted in serious injuries and deaths and behind the mobilisation was Donald Trump himself. The act looked like an attempted coup or a terror attack. He should have received a very lengthy sentence back then.

Respectfully,

Not to beat a long dead horse, but staying "on target" in a political discussion is how you prevent repugnant garbage discussions.  You defined a parameter... stick to it.

And incidentally, ANY PRESIDENT you could think of could be charged with many varied crimes... and while they sometimes are... it's mostly by foreign interests (with some noteable exceptions.)
Trumps crime.

Cohen paid Stormy for signing an NDA, 130K. Trump paid back Cohen the 130K in 12 installments.

Then Trump who just paid his lawyer, ledgered it in accounting as legal fees. 12 Times.

Cohen had invoiced Trump to pay him legal fees 10 times.

12 plus 12 plus 10

Now compare that to Hillary paying legal fees to her lawyer for creating the Steele Dossier.

Yes, this is a political witch hunt.
(06-01-2024, 12:41 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Respectfully,

Not to beat a long dead horse, but staying "on target" in a political discussion is how you prevent repugnant garbage discussions.  You defined a parameter... stick to it.

And incidentally, ANY PRESIDENT you could think of could be charged with many varied crimes... and while they sometimes are... it's mostly by foreign interests (with some noteable exceptions.)

My point was to make a comparison and not to revisit old discussions made on other platforms. What happened on that day was much more serious.

(06-01-2024, 01:01 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: Trumps crime.

Cohen paid Stormy for signing an NDA, 130K. Trump paid back Cohen the 130K in 12 installments.

Then Trump who just paid his lawyer, ledgered it in accounting as legal fees. 12 Times.

Cohen had invoiced Trump to pay him legal fees 10 times.

12 plus 12 plus 10

Now compare that to Hillary paying legal fees to her lawyer for creating the Steele Dossier.

Yes, this is a political witch hunt.

If you see the full verdict it describes things differently.

I have given the link earlier

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-charg...y-verdict/
Kangaroos are getting Mad about this.

[Image: 6657a71d40fe46657a71d40fe5.jpg]
(06-01-2024, 12:10 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Hmmm, you don't think if TPTB could have made that happen, they would have?

Respectfully they didn't because they couldn't guarantee they could make it stick. 

Getting a conviction in New York was much easier but time will tell if it derails Trump's campaign. REALITY. 

[Image: https://i.ibb.co/L19gSjT/Screenshot-2024...55-777.jpg]

I don't know why they couldn't.
It was crystal clear what happened.

As for the current events, it's a boost to his election campaign
(06-01-2024, 01:37 PM)K218b Wrote: My point was to make a comparison and not to revisit old discussions made on other platforms. What happened on that day was much more serious.

If you see the full verdict it describes things differently.

I am have given the link earlier

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-charg...y-verdict/

Everything I posted was fact.

It's like a court charging 34 counts of murder to someone who stabbed a person 34 times.

It's a witch hunt.