deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Massachusetts UFO Flap.
Quote:"I observed what seemed to be a large plate hovering over the school,"

Police Officer Mahan

As often happens when looking into the UFO subject for certain trends, patterns etc. you do come across certain cases (or flaps) you've never heard of before.

For some bizarre reason there appears to be quite a number of close range UFO sightings over schools and whilst looking into relevant police reports did see this very strange one from the 22nd of April, 1966 in Beverly, Massachusetts.

Turns out over that over a twelve day period lots of other very strange UFO reports started coming in from the general area also involving multiple witnesses (including police officers).

• Close range UFO sighting directly over a school - 22nd of April, 1966 in Beverly Massachusetts.

Excerpts:

Quote:A completely baffling case involving nine witnesses took place on April 22, 1966, in Beverly, Mass..

The women crossed the field to get a better look. They could see flashing lights on the edge of the craft changing colors from red to green and blue. Brenda waved her arms at the object and it immediately stopped circling and moved across the field towards the women. They were horrified. In her statement, Barbara said:

"It started to come towards us... I started to run. Brenda called, 'Look up! It is directly over us!' I looked up and saw a round object... like the bottom of a plate. It was solid, grayish white... I felt this thing was going to come down on top of me. It was like a giant mushroom."

• Police:

The police arrived to find a small crowd of people standing outside watching the closest object moving up and down above the school. Jokingly, Officers Bossie and Mahan asked the group, "Where's the airplane?" When the witnesses pointed to the thing, then at high altitude and looking like a star, the officers laughed.

Then, suddenly, the disc turned bright red and dropped to a position directly over the school building. At this point, the officers became visibly shaken. Mahan stated, "I observed what seemed to be a large plate hovering over the school."

It had three lights - red, green, and blue - but no noise... This object hovered... The lights were flashing..." Bossie said, "It hovered and then began gliding. Some of the people got on the ground and were real scared!"

• Source:

"UFOS: Interplanetary visitors", book by Ramond E. Fowler, 1974, pp. 130-137.

Links: 1 / 2

On the nights of 19th and 20th April there were also at least six UFO reports 50 miles away in Sharon - a NICAP investigation ended up logging eighteen down the eastern seaboard.

• Police witnesses, April 19th - video interview (pretty fascinating video).

[Video: https://youtu.be/pm7NhOKl_5A]

Quote:Documentary spotlighting a close-range UFO sighting made in April 1966 by four Sharon, Massachusetts police officers (one of whom went on to become Chief) - along with a family of three people. All were near enough to witness a "football-shaped," unidentified low-hovering object with red and white flashing lights, windows and "mullions" (window dividers).

Article / Sketch:

[Image: jc5fa07479.jpg]

Quote:REMEMBER WHEN: UFOs seen over Sharon in 1966?

The UFO hovered, moved up and down and back and forth over a small area. It was silent while hovering, but gave off a high-pitched hissing sound when it moved.

• Discs:

At 11:45 p.m. in Quincy, Mass., about 30 miles northeast of Bellingham, there were sightings of disc-shaped objects with red lights hovering and then `swinging like a pendulum.

A report, prepared by Massachusetts NICAP Subcommittee Chairman Raymond Fowler, logs 18 sightings of UFOs between April 11 and 23 along the eastern Massachusetts shore from Danvers, north of Boston, to Attleboro, near the Connecticut border. The large majority of sightings occurred over city residential areas, and the predominant shape of the reported objects was oval. Virtually all had body lights; several gave off high-pitched humming noises.

Interesting that Raymond mentions reports of UFOs making 'high-pitched humming noises' between April 11th and 23rd as over in Portage County on the 17th police officers also chased this extremely strange humming object over 86 miles into Pennsylvania.

Beer
Also this one from Massachusetts on the 24th of April involving an object with a 'transparent bubble' on top (and circular red blinking lights) which banged against a house - power outages also reported.

NewsClipping:

[Image: py5fa179e1.jpg]

Quote:UFO Scares Hub Girl, 11, ‘Rocked Bed’ ”

“An 11-year-old Dorchester girl was terrified by a UFO early Sunday morning (24 April 1966) which she said banged against the house and rocked her bed. Judy Kalnicki of 1284 Dorchester ave., an honor student in the sixth grade at the Mather School, woke up screaming for her mother, Mrs. Jean Kalnicki, who has six other children. Then the youngster sat down and sketched the ‘flying oval.’

TWO BLACKOUTS

The mysterious flying object was spotted twice by the Kalnicki family, and two blackouts of electric power occurred almost simultaneously in the Dorchester area. Police also received calls that UFO’s were spotted off Boston’s Logan Airport, over South Boston and near Waltham’s Waverly sq.

Shortly after 4 a.m. Judy was awakened and saw ‘this thing’ outside her third-floor bedroom window.

‘It was so close I could almost touch it,’ Judy said. ‘It banged against the house as we watched it. I was sitting on my bed, and it rocked the bed back and forth. Then the lights in the house went out.

BIG AS AUTO

Judy said the ‘thing’ was oval in shape and ‘about the size of my brother’s car, a 1955 Lincoln.’

‘It had a bubble on top that seemed to be round, with red lights around the edge,’ Judy explained. ‘It seemed to be made partly of silvery gray metal with no doors.

‘I always used to say that there was no such thing as a flying saucer. I thought those people who said they saw them were making it up. Now that I saw one myself I never want to see one again.’

Mrs. Kalnicki said she had spotted the UFO shortly before midnight when it floated across Dorchester ave. and hovered outside her apartment windows.

The mother said it had sort of a transparent bubble top that was illuminated with a yellow light and circular red blinking lights.

Link