deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Misinformation "Superspreaders"
(06-06-2024, 06:27 PM)l0st Wrote: I'm curious what the point of this comment is or how it relates to the conversation?

BTW: "Deliverance" took place in West Virginia, which is not a Southern State, ergo the existence of "West Virginia" instead of just "Virginia".

Sure it is.

A southern state I mean.
The earth provides everything we need.
We thought we could do better.
We were wrong.
(06-11-2024, 07:51 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Sure it is.

A southern state I mean.

West Virginia is in Appalachia. West Virgina seceeded from Virgina, a Southern State,  during the Civil War.
(06-11-2024, 07:16 PM)l0st Wrote: West Virginia is in Appalachia. West Virgina seceeded from Virgina, a Southern State,  during the Civil War.

I'm in MI.
Anything below IN, OH is southern.

But google agreed with me?
We were wrong.
(06-18-2024, 11:53 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: I'm in MI.
Anything below IN, OH is southern.

But google agreed with me?

I haven't used Google in years. Results are biased and compromised. West Virginia joined the union states during the civil war, not the confederacy. The union states were by definition the northern states.

Mason/Dixon line, division between north and south runs about 45 miles south of the northern border of Maryland. Maryland was also a union state. West Virginia is right next to it.

Edit to add:
Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan didn't exist when the civil war happened. They were territories, not states, and very sparsely populated.

Have you every been to West Virginia? I have. Not a single West Virginian well call themselves a southerner unless they moved from there. The culture is completely different.

Not all rednecks are southerners. They exist everywhere on the east coast that is rural.
(06-18-2024, 01:05 PM)l0st Wrote: I haven't used Google in years. Results are biased and compromised. West Virginia joined the union states during the civil war, not the confederacy. The union states were by definition the northern states.

Mason/Dixon line, division between north and south runs about 45 miles south of the northern border of Maryland. Maryland was also a union state. West Virginia is right next to it.

Edit to add:
Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan didn't exist when the civil war happened. They were territories, not states, and very sparsely populated.

Have you every been to West Virginia? I have. Not a single West Virginian well call themselves a southerner unless they moved from there. The culture is completely different.

Not all rednecks are southerners. They exist everywhere on the east coast that is rural.
Not really sure why you seem to be upset by this, but ok.

BTW, we have rednecks here in MI.  Probably considered one myself and ok with that.
We were wrong.
(06-19-2024, 10:34 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Not really sure why you seem to be upset by this, but ok.

BTW, we have rednecks here in MI.  Probably considered one myself and ok with that.

You must be projecting. I never said I was upset. I simply stated the facts and if you don't believe it, go read a history book, because I will not waste Amy more of my time arguing historical fact.