deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Misinformation "Superspreaders"
(06-04-2024, 07:36 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: I have to agree with the findings.  I only have to look at my mother, and older female relatives and what they post.   They mean well, but tend to believe a lot, without doing much investigating of what they are repeating.

I'm just the crazy "conspiracy theorist" in the family, but at least mom listens when I give her more information.
The problem then is, she doesn't change or take down whatever she has posted.
She just moves on to something else.

I'm betting there are a lot just like her.
Older men as well.

Thanks Chiefsmom as I agree with you. Have you since heard what Fauci said on the tape recordings about Covid-19. Heres a link to X as he was being questioned by Congressman McCormick who himslef is an actual MD. 

https://x.com/COVIDSelect/status/1797729167980867646
(06-04-2024, 07:01 AM)Waterglass Wrote: "Wow!  Why didn't you just simply post that you hate ATS??

I dont hate ATS I loved ATS  It explained much to me and was an invaluable resource. Especially SLED735 in the Paranormal Forum which was the shut down because it was too close to the truth. Then the Black Hats got control of all of ATS.

All I can write is that I dont ride with Satan nor am attemting to destroy the United States of America. Nor are you. God bless.

I don't ride with 'Satan' either and want peace and prosperity for everyone.

What are the black hats you were referring to ?
(06-05-2024, 07:28 AM)K218b Wrote: I don't ride with 'Satan' either and want peace and prosperity for everyone.

What are the black hats you were referring to ?

Balck hats as in the bad guys or "evil"
(06-05-2024, 09:47 AM)Waterglass Wrote: Balck hats as in the bad guys or "evil"

I see...

I didn't know they still wear hats by the way.

I am sure they have something to do with misinformation or disinformation.
(06-04-2024, 07:36 AM)Chiefsmom Wrote: I have to agree with the findings.  I only have to look at my mother, and older female relatives and what they post.   They mean well, but tend to believe a lot, without doing much investigating of what they are repeating.

I'm just the crazy "conspiracy theorist" in the family, but at least mom listens when I give her more information.
The problem then is, she doesn't change or take down whatever she has posted.
She just moves on to something else.

I'm betting there are a lot just like her.
Older men as well.

I believe it's generational. There is a certain generation that was pretty much taught to believe everything they see on TV and that TV news is gospel and would never lie to the public. A lot of these people are not aware that the Obama admin repealed the laws requiring equal time be given to each political party and also the restrictions on propaganda.

The same cohort also seems to have a persistent belief that computers and doctors are magical and never wrong. They basically do not think critically about the information placed in front of them in any way. They are the largest generation with all the voting power, so unfortunately the rest of us continue to be forced to abide by the edicts of lawmakers who are completely and entirely out of touch with the current reality.
(06-05-2024, 05:15 PM)l0st Wrote: The same cohort also seems to have a persistent belief that computers and doctors are magical and never wrong. They basically do not think critically about the information placed in front of them in any way. They are the largest generation with all the voting power, so unfortunately the rest of us continue to be forced to abide by the edicts of lawmakers who are completely and entirely out of touch with the current reality.

It's even worse with phones. 
People that get mad at computers for not working as they want accept the same behaviour from smart phones with just a little complaint.
If the information gets to them on their smart phone then it's easier for them to accept it.
(06-05-2024, 07:33 PM)ArMaP Wrote: It's even worse with phones. 
People that get mad at computers for not working as they want accept the same behaviour from smart phones with just a little complaint.
If the information gets to them on their smart phone then it's easier for them to accept it.

Hahaha. I was an email admin in a previous life. Sometimes I would restart services at lunchtime due to memory leaks and config updates and whatnot. We used Postfix, which takes literally seconds to restart. Literally, as soon as I pressed enter on the keyboard the phone would start ringing with people freaking out like the sky is falling or there wasn't also a phone on their desk. By the time I'd get them to calm down and press send again the service would already have been back up for minutes.These outages were scheduled and announced in advance. Eventually, I stuck another relay in front of it we wouldn't bounce until night time that I stuck the complainers on.

These people would go to meetings and piss and moan that "email goes down everyday" and I'm like yes, for 5 seconds at 12:05pm every day lol The way they acted you'd think it was down for hours at a time every other week. I would also be blamed for "email being down" on execs blackberries when the actual issue was their coverage sucked.

But yes now I'm smartphone era... These things are quite unreliable IMHO and yet you never hear a peep. I haven't had a provider with truly decent coverage since they turned off 3G years ago. They're all spotty now like the 90s. But the same cohort accepts this is business as usual. It really does come down to how one was programmed as a child.
(06-05-2024, 09:50 AM)K218b Wrote: I see...

I didn't know they still wear hats by the way.

I am sure they have something to do with misinformation or disinformation.

Well in the South they all ll wear ball caps. Not professional baseball caps but the exact cap that the hillbilly rapist wore in the movie Deliverance with Burt Reynolds. Fooking gomer dumbshits. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbcUsOfZTVI
(06-06-2024, 02:55 PM)Waterglass Wrote: Well in the South they all ll wear ball caps. Not professional baseball caps but the exact cap that the hillbilly rapist wore in the movie Deliverance with Burt Reynolds. Fooking gomer dumbshits. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbcUsOfZTVI

I'm curious what the point of this comment is or how it relates to the conversation?

BTW: "Deliverance" took place in West Virginia, which is not a Southern State, ergo the existence of "West Virginia" instead of just "Virginia".
(06-07-2024, 03:52 AM)RubixCube Wrote: When you talk of misinformation pushed by MSM they usually label you as a conspiracy theorist.

That's because they cornered the misinformation market and will accept no competition.

In these conversations, I often have my metaphorical tongue in cheek... because I know for a fact that nearly all the damaging disinformation and misinformation comes from the same people who are calling it out over anything that upsets them...

I remember pertinent childhood wisdom... "He who smelt it dealt it."