deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
It's Coming.... 2024
With the new year approaching, though I'd ask everyone, do you make resolutions for the new year?

I have tried in the past, never kept them. Not sure If I'll try again this year.

So, what are yours for 2024?
I don’t do New Year’s resolutions. I find that if I don’t have the willpower to change something - what the hell will a new year do?

We are ready to change when we are truly ready. A new year has nothing to do with that.
(12-27-2023, 06:58 PM)KKLoco Wrote: I don’t do New Year’s resolutions. I find that if I don’t have the willpower to change something - what the hell will a new year do?

We are ready to change when we are truly ready. A new year has nothing to do with that.

Still, a new year is symbolic of a clean slate, and a chance to start anew. The choice to change has to come from within regardless.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
Im torn part of me wants to find a way to get a home on a small plot of land in the mountains. Another part of me wants to move where I can easily see both my daughters and travel the country and see places in a small RV. Right now, the midway point is Cheyanne Wyoming between them both. Well, that's not exactly in between but it's the closest place with a decent metro area.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
Nicotine will be gone forever as from the 1st of January 2024.

It is a long story that I might share hère one day but damned well worth it...

SCREW YOU NICOTINE....

Kindest respects

Rodinus
(12-28-2023, 05:22 AM)Rodinus Wrote: Nicotine will be gone forever as from the 1st of January 2024.

SCREW YOU NICOTINE....

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I'm finally ready to give up the cigarettes myself. Good luck, my friend.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
No resolutions for the new year.  I make changes year round as I see that they are needed.  I don't see anything special about New Years.  Sorry.  Not a holiday for me.
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence
(12-28-2023, 08:35 AM)FlyersFan Wrote: No resolutions for the new year.  I make changes year round as I see that they are needed.  I don't see anything special about New Years.  Sorry.  Not a holiday for me.

Same.

I find when I plan something like that, it's much harder. Don't know why, but one unplanned moment resolving to do something...it just happens.
I intend to hang around to wave goodbye to 2024 on January 1, 2025.
(12-28-2023, 05:22 AM)Rodinus Wrote: Nicotine will be gone forever as from the 1st of January 2024.

SCREW YOU NICOTINE....

Kindest respects

Rodinus

I quit 23 years ago on Jan. 1, 2001

It can be done.   I tried for many years.   What finally worked was cold turkey and a quit smoking support website.  

The trick:   you can't have one, not a single puff, or it wakes up the dormant nicotine worm in your brain.  I even avoid 2nd hand smoke like the plague because of how little it takes to set up a craving, after all these years.   Very rarely unless I get around a rude smoker and cant escape.  

Best of luck to you, and PM me before you give in and we can talk behind that nasty worm's back.