deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hi, a lot of old timers here…
(12-13-2023, 06:48 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: ATS was a wonderful and unique place to be on the Internet.  Hell, I have been on ATS almost daily for almost 20 years.  So, either that is/was true....or.....

DI is beginning to feel like home now.
It is heartening to see this forum becoming more and more alive.

LOL yes, I got used to it myself, there would be large swathes of time where I'd get on daily and just read posts. One of my exes used to think I was cheating on her cause I'd be on ATS at 2 or 3 in the morning, and was even more incredulous when she found out I was just reading about the Dulce Base, or jet fuel, and iron beams. 

It was never that I believed or thought it was overwhelmingly important, just an insomniac who the enjoyed past time and I identify with the "what if aspect".  

The endless and useless argument threads, MOSTLY politically charged weren't a part of the original mission statement, if it was I would have never joined. 

All DI needs is content and contributors, one day at a time
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(12-13-2023, 06:55 PM)KKLoco Wrote: It’s like a blood transfusion. I’m pumping as much as I can. I’ve sent out around 50 invites through PM to really good people. It’s unfortunate that I can’t reach the ones that gave up from the October fiasco. There were many really good posters that never returned from that.
I guess I'm one of the 50 you invited? (Arbitrageur on ATS, but now just Arby for short).
Thanks for the invite. Thumbup

Yes I too was disappointed some really good posters never made it back from the fiasco, maybe they will eventually.
(12-17-2023, 07:06 PM)Arby Wrote: I guess I'm one of the 50 you invited? (Arbitrageur on ATS, but now just Arby for short).
Thanks for the invite. Thumbup

Yes I too was disappointed some really good posters never made it back from the fiasco, maybe they will eventually.

Yes, you were Brother! I’ve been on a mission to maintain valuable members! ? 

Maybe I’m at over 100 now…. I’m fascinated by the fact that ATS has sooooo many positive contributors!

Many I really miss too. Here’s several that need to find there way here:

Theantedeluvian
Skyfloating
Slayer69 
Kantzveldt
Kandinsky

And MANY MORE!!!
(12-13-2023, 11:11 AM)Kurokage Wrote: It is all fresh and clean in here. The staff have done a great job with some gaffa tape and a spit and polish!!  Biggrin

May I suggest gaff tape instead of duct tape...much better.

Honestly, this site looks great, I don't remember ATS this good looking. But the posts are on point like I remember.