deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Helicopter with Iranian President and Foreign Minister down
Hard landing into a mountainside like Kobe's ill-fated trip to Calabasas, you don't dispatch a bunch of volunteer groups to search for an aircraft that "landed hard".

Iran has to come up with a way to blame Israel now. Deploy "Mossad did it" card. I see saving face and probably using this to fan the flames of Israel hatred.

Other than that, I don't have anything nice to say.
[Image: 6qxPamS.jpeg]
(05-19-2024, 02:59 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Got to ask why he needed to be summoned to the White Houe for this? What for? an abundance of caution, is something larger going on? 

Just asking questions... not to mention the most important one would his death help or hinder stability in the region?

https://x.com/TehranTimes79/status/1792281032315519110
Tehran Times
@TehranTimes79
·
6m
#BREAKING 
U.S. President Joe Biden was summoned to the White House for an urgent briefing following reports of an accident involving the helicopter carrying the president of Raisi.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GN92GO9WQAA7...name=small]

Pretty serious situation for the whole region. Keep in mind Iran has a very modern and capable military. Actually two militaries the standard standing military and the much more capable and radicalized Islamic Revolutionary Guard.

They could see an opportunity to take control. Also many other radicalized groups in the country to include those you mentioned that could attempt their own ideas, or more likely help the Guard take control.

We should at least offer our help, remember Iran was one of the first countries that offered search teams and dogs after 9-11. 

The next few hours and days could be very serious. The Guard could wrest control and do what they do behind the scenes in Israel in a much bigger way. Let's hope mourning the loss is more important than any radical elements looking for opportunities.
Humans are the most gullible species in the Universe.

L. Ron Hubbard
(05-19-2024, 09:35 PM)LucidDreamer Wrote: Pretty serious situation for the whole region. Keep in mind Iran has a very modern and capable military. Actually two militaries the standard standing military and the much more capable and radicalized Islamic Revolutionary Guard.

They could see an opportunity to take control. Also many other radicalized groups in the country to include those you mentioned that could attempt their own ideas, or more likely help the Guard take control.

We should at least offer our help, remember Iran was one of the first countries that offered search teams and dogs after 9-11. 

The next few hours and days could be very serious. The Guard could wrest control and do what they do behind the scenes in Israel in a much bigger way. Let's hope mourning the loss is more important than any radical elements looking for opportunities.

I think my point was and remains, he didn't have to return to the White House for briefing. It was likely for political appearances as much as anything.  I'm aware it could be very serious but with the release of 6 billion dollars and the US indirect discussions with Iran about lowering tensions in the region, along with the complete failure of Iran's missile and rocket barrage he has no reason to kiss ass so immediately. 

The fact that it is an election year and we have protests from those whom Iran supports, and those people will overwhelmingly vote Democrat was definitely a factor if not the predominant one.

Sure Im concerned about what may happen, but there is no indication a coup is about to happen or the Ayatollahs are in immediate danger. Besides a little internal turmoil might keep them from supplying Hezbollah and Hamas you know those 2 entities that are still firing rockets at Israel and holding hostages. Pretty sure the region was more unstable with Raisi alive. As for the Iranian military prowess, if its anything like their search and rescue operations, we probably will be OK. I feel for the innocent Iranian though there is likely to be a crackdown internally
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
They finally got to the wreckage.  There's no chance of survivors.  There's pretty much nothing left, and it appeared to still be burning in places.
“ "President Raisi's helicopter was completely burned in the crash ... unfortunately, all passengers are feared dead," an Iranian official told Reuters.”

From JPost

https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-801726
(05-19-2024, 09:29 PM)IdeomotorPrisoner Wrote: Hard landing into a mountainside like Kobe's ill-fated trip to Calabasas, you don't dispatch a bunch of volunteer groups to search for an aircraft that "landed hard".

Iran has to come up with a way to blame Israel now. Deploy "Mossad did it" card. I see saving face and probably using this to fan the flames of Israel hatred.

Other than that, I don't have anything nice to say.

IdeaMotorPrisoner dropping pretty hilarious truth bombs. Unless you are a Laker fan

There will be so many theories but I have faith the Iranians can smell the BS blaming Israel. Hell if it wasn't an accident, it's just as likely it was someone internally or another entity state-related and not necessarily Israel. 

Video straight from Iranian PressTV Twitter this was no "hard landing". 

https://x.com/PressTV/status/1792395658831577388
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
Yeah... they apparently really did crash into a mountainside, leaning towards disorientation/vertigo. So not going to get away with the sabotage angle. Iranians aren't Iran's government. 45% are are saying "good riddance."

This guy is not worth mourning. He came to power via Islamic revolution and killing political rivals. He is largely the reason for the crackdown on rebellious teenage girls, and anyone that likes Western values. Making people who are caught listening to the wrong music enemies of the state a d destroying their life. All their quest for the caliphate.

Quote:Iran’s president, Ebrahim Raisi, who is missing in Iran’s mountains after a helicopter crash near the border with Azerbaijan, is a hardliner who was instrumental in the last few years in steering Iran back towards the more uncompromising beliefs of the Islamic Republic’s revolutionary founders.

I'm not one for an interactive God. I am not an atheist, but I still mostly think shit just happens. This one though, I can only hope superstition across the world takes it as both a freak event and a sign.
[Image: 6qxPamS.jpeg]
Looks like no one survived the crash ...which is usually the case when you plow into a mountain at over 100 Knots ...

[Video: https://youtu.be/h5boGwc4uUE]

No one rules if no one obeys

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” - Voltaire
Good riddance to bad rubbish.

The horrible bastard in question is linked to allsorts of mass genocide death squads and executions.

They reap what the sow.
last 4 years been deadly to many Iranian top figures....

I saw the list, but lost it....many generals also .

Not going to miss anyone, the regime there are evil and brutal .