deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Helicopter with Iranian President and Foreign Minister down
(05-19-2024, 02:59 PM)putnam6 Wrote:  

Because this has the potential to become something bigger.  If the Ayatollah decides to claim this was Israel or the US, or if the IRGC is getting froggy and trying to seize control from someone, or whatever, Biden needs a briefing on what's going on, and the military needs to lay out options for responses or what Iran might do.  It's SOP to brief the President on things going on when something big happens.  Even through the President of Iran is largely a figurehead, this is still pretty big.
(05-19-2024, 03:15 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Really? So Iran is actively supporting Hezbollah Hamas and Yemen against Israel and Biden is offering assistance, that would be turned down why?

Public Relations?

Go look who else is offering assistance... 

https://twitter.com/search?q=terhan%20ti...ery&f=live

Agenda Free is saying reports of contact earlier were FALSE according to Press TV

Yeah... cause we always know exactly what they are doing and saying to one another...

It seems to me that what I suggested would be a 'standard' diplomatic response to such a potential crisis.  It can't hurt, and it doesn't have to "mean" anything.

But given the amount of concentration such a letter requires to draft, and the "committee'" needed to squirm over it, perhaps it isn't. 

My post was a supposition, not information.  I'm not a journalist, so I have nothing to 'sell.'
(05-19-2024, 03:25 PM)Zaphod58 Wrote: Because this has the potential to become something bigger.  If the Ayatollah decides to claim this was Israel or the US, or if the IRGC is getting froggy and trying to seize control from someone, or whatever, Biden needs a briefing on what's going on, and the military needs to lay out options for responses or what Iran might do.  It's SOP to brief the President on things going on when something big happens.  Even through the President of Iran is largely a figurehead, this is still pretty big.

He can be briefed anywhere, so now he runs to the White House to offer assistance a long with Oman and Egypt, Venezuela and Lebanon?

(05-19-2024, 03:25 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Yeah... cause we always know exactly what they are doing and saying to one another...

It seems to me that what I suggested would be a 'standard' diplomatic response to such a potential crisis.  It can't hurt, and it doesn't have to "mean" anything.

But given the amount of concentration such a letter requires to draft, and the "committee'" needed to squirm over it, perhaps it isn't. 

My post was a supposition, not information.  I'm not a journalist, so I have nothing to 'sell.'

Press TV 
Iran's first international news network 

Is Iranian state sponsored TV  they don't post for clicks and whatever they sell is direct from the Iranian government

https://www.presstv.ir/
 Press TV (stylised as PRESSTVis an Iranian state-owned news network that broadcasts in the English and French languages owned by the Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB), the only organization legally able to transmit radio and TV broadcasts in Iran. 

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-19-17-03-29-666.jpg]

So a military helicopter has no survival gear flares etc. This makes me believe less likely people are just fine at the crash site
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(05-19-2024, 03:39 PM)putnam6 Wrote:  

Depends on where he is and what he's doing, as well as the information being briefed.  He was travelling today anyway, so it was a simple matter to reroute to DC from Atlanta instead of going to Detroit.  With it being a fluid situation, and information changing rapidly, it makes sense to use the situation room.

As for survival gear, of course it does, but flares don't work well in fog, rain and snow which they have now.  Radios don't work well in mountains unless you're practically right on top of them or high enough above them to detect the signal.  The odds are there are no survivors, but that terrain and weather means survival gear usefulness, other than keeping people warm and alive is significantly reduced.
(05-19-2024, 04:31 PM)Zaphod58 Wrote: Depends on where he is and what he's doing, as well as the information being briefed.  He was travelling today anyway, so it was a simple matter to reroute to DC from Atlanta instead of going to Detroit.  With it being a fluid situation, and information changing rapidly, it makes sense to use the situation room.

As for survival gear, of course it does, but flares don't work well in fog, rain and snow which they have now.  Radios don't work well in mountains unless you're practically right on top of them or high enough above them to detect the signal.  The odds are there are no survivors, but that terrain and weather means survival gear usefulness, other than keeping people warm and alive is significantly reduced.

Yeah, Im just discussing I do not know, but to call the President in does imply seriousness, makes me wonder if they thought it was more than an accident. Also makes me wonder

don't satellite phones work virtually anywhere? 

Supposedly a drone from Turkey searching on Flight Radar

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-19-17-44-30-679.jpg]
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(05-19-2024, 04:46 PM)putnam6 Wrote: [Image: https://i.ibb.co/BVPyMSS/Screenshot-2024...30-679.jpg]

Turkey is sending a UAV and have offered a helicopter with IR gear to assist in the search for the crash.

Satellite phones can work just about anywhere, as long as they have line of site to the satellite. But you need someone that knows how to work it, and alive.
(05-19-2024, 04:50 PM)Zaphod58 Wrote: Turkey is sending a UAV and have offered a helicopter with IR gear to assist in the search for the crash.

Satellite phones can work just about anywhere, as long as they have line of site to the satellite. But you need someone that knows how to work it, and alive.

yeah, Im watching Flight Radar search grid

Evidently, they do not have the location down to a couple of miles.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-19-18-31-46-355.jpg]
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
So funny Iranian PressTV says they know where he is, but the drone from Turkey is not centered on any location

lying through their teeth...

https://x.com/PressTV/status/1792208413721591874
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
Strictly-controlled government-driven news is a service to the government first, and only circumstantially to it's people.

I'm sure they want no "panic," and perhaps even more importantly, not to give the governments' adversaries something they can use against them.

The nations of this region are constantly in 'information warfare' mode,  "News" is not a privilege there, it's a doctrinal or ideological tool... its tactical.

(Not that such isn't often true even where people "think" it is a sacred, inviolable privilege.)
(05-19-2024, 06:13 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Strictly-controlled government-driven news is a service to the government first, and only circumstantially to it's people.

I'm sure they want no "panic," and perhaps even more importantly, not to give the governments' adversaries something they can use against them.

The nations of this region are constantly in 'information warfare' mode,  "News" is not a privilege there, it's a doctrinal or ideological tool... its tactical.

(Not that such isn't often true even where people "think" it is a sacred, inviolable privilege.)

Yes exactly, they are saying the same information over and over, and the tone seems more somber. The broadcast is bizarre and now Ive listened so far, I want to see when and if they have more information

https://x.com/PressTV/status/1792208413721591874
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart