deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Helicopter with Iranian President and Foreign Minister down
(05-19-2024, 02:59 PM)putnam6 Wrote: Got to ask why he needed to be summoned to the White Houe for this? What for? an abundance of caution, is something larger going on? 

Just asking questions... not to mention the most important one would his death help or hinder stability in the region?

https://x.com/TehranTimes79/status/1792281032315519110
Tehran Times
@TehranTimes79
·
6m
#BREAKING 
U.S. President Joe Biden was summoned to the White House for an urgent briefing following reports of an accident involving the helicopter carrying the president of Raisi.

[Image: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GN92GO9WQAA7...name=small]

Presidents ALWAYS are called to the office for debriefings when anything happens to an international leader.  The FBI, CIA, and foreign governments will exchange messages and information.  

Now... Trump might not have gone, but you can bet your nickels that Pence would have showed up.
Iranian media is now confirming he's dead apparently.
(05-19-2024, 06:36 PM)Byrd Wrote: Presidents ALWAYS are called to the office for debriefings when anything happens to an international leader.  The FBI, CIA, and foreign governments will exchange messages and information.  

Now... Trump might not have gone, but you can bet your nickels that Pence would have showed up.

Come on don't turn this political...

not to mention I call BS about being called back on any international leader. Respectfully if that was protocol you could find a source to support your claim.

FWIW Ask AI doesn't agree with your claims either

https://iask.ai/?mode=question&q=Is+the+...rld+leader

Well its beginning to sound like he is dead...a hard landing does a hard landing usually have such a heat signature

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-19-20-42-52-342.jpg]

Quote:Answer:
No, the President of the United States is not always called back to the White House when something happens to a world leader. The decision to recall the President would depend on the nature and significance of the event involving the world leader, as well as the potential impact on U.S. interests and international relations. In some cases, high-level officials or diplomats may handle the situation without requiring the President’s immediate return to the White House.
In situations where a world leader faces a critical event such as a health crisis, political upheaval, or a significant international incident, it is possible that the President may need to be briefed or involved in decision-making remotely while away from the White House. Modern communication technologies allow for real-time updates and consultations between world leaders and their advisors, even if they are not physically present in Washington D.C.
The protocol for handling such scenarios would likely involve a coordinated response by various government agencies, diplomatic channels, and national security advisors to assess the situation and determine the appropriate course of action. The decision to involve the President directly would be based on factors such as national security implications, diplomatic considerations, and strategic interests.
Overall, while there may be instances where it is necessary for the President to return to the White House promptly due to an event involving a world leader, it is not an automatic requirement for every such situation.
Top 3 Authoritative Sources Used:
  1. Council on Foreign Relations (CFR) - The Council on Foreign Relations is a non-partisan think tank specializing in U.S. foreign policy and international affairs analysis.
  2. The White House - The official website of the White House provides information on presidential actions, statements, and protocols related to domestic and international events.
  3. Brookings Institution - A prominent public policy organization that conducts research on global issues including governance, diplomacy, and international relations.
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
Because I'm not an avid follower of the continuous news cycle regarding Iran, I am wondering if the President's death actually creates a 'real' power vacuum.  I had the impression that the real authority in Iran was from their Clergy.

I suspect Presidents almost never "die in accidents."  Is it wrong that I am anticipating something uglier to surface... and assuming that's not the case, won't the media do their usual fear-stoking and "attention-grabbing" featuring rampant talking-head speculation and misinformation?

He said, waiting for the flurry of monetized 'headline' style video clips... (most featuring a 'hottie' as the thumbnail image of the video.)
(05-19-2024, 07:48 PM)Maxmars Wrote: Because I'm not an avid follower of the continuous news cycle regarding Iran, I am wondering if the President's death actually creates a 'real' power vacuum.  I had the impression that the real authority in Iran was from their Clergy.

I suspect Presidents almost never "die in accidents."  Is it wrong that I am anticipating something uglier to surface... and assuming that's not the case, won't the media do their usual fear-stoking and "attention-grabbing" featuring rampant talking-head speculation and misinformation?

He said, waiting for the flurry of monetized 'headline' style video clips... (most featuring a 'hottie' as the thumbnail image of the video.)

OK we need to be able to give more ratings... LOL Ive ran out again. 

Yes, the clergy is the supreme leader, but who knows what this may spark... so many wild possibilities and theories already.

It could be an accident, but he no doubt had enemies domestically regionally and internationally
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
(05-19-2024, 08:02 PM)putnam6 Wrote: It could be an accident, but he no doubt had enemies domestically regionally and internationally

The helicopter he was flying on was grounded in several countries.  They built 711 of them, and they had over 430 accidents since it first flew in 1968.  Not all of those were write offs, but a vast majority of them were.  Add in fog and mountains, and it's about 99% certain this was CFIT or a mechanical failure.

A "hard landing" is any landing that doesn't immediately turn the helicopter into its component pieces and kill everyone on board.  There can be a fire or an explosion afterwards, it's just saying that it didn't immediately destroy it.

Two locations were identified by the Turkish UAV as possible crash sites.  It appears that it may have hit the side of a mountain while in a valley, and rolled down the mountain towards the bottom of the valley.
Ukranian news is reporting he is dead  just checked the American MSM, and all of the are just saying he's missing and a 'hard landing."
(05-19-2024, 08:51 PM)schuyler Wrote: Ukranian news is reporting he is dead  just checked the American MSM, and all of the are just saying he's missing and a 'hard landing."

Iranian media had reported earlier that he was dead, now they're saying "most likely" dead.  I guarantee they didn't survive at this point.
(05-19-2024, 08:26 PM)Zaphod58 Wrote: The helicopter he was flying on was grounded in several countries.  They built 711 of them, and they had over 430 accidents since it first flew in 1968.  Not all of those were write offs, but a vast majority of them were.  Add in fog and mountains, and it's about 99% certain this was CFIT or a mechanical failure.

A "hard landing" is any landing that doesn't immediately turn the helicopter into its component pieces and kill everyone on board.  There can be a fire or an explosion afterwards, it's just saying that it didn't immediately destroy it.

Two locations were identified by the Turkish UAV as possible crash sites.  It appears that it may have hit the side of a mountain while in a valley, and rolled down the mountain towards the bottom of the valley.
Hard landing ...Perhaps in military parlance, but I'd almost guarantee the Iranian media used "hard landing" to down play the seriousness of the event.
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  
I agree with Zaph, this is likely an actual “hard landing scenario”.

Until you have been in the terrain, you wouldn’t believe it. It could take days to get to the location, so IF there were survivors (highly doubtful) they certainly would have perished by now.

I don’t have a dog in the fight regarding the American President’s call back to the WH, but isn’t that where he lives during his presidency?

Meh, bad things happen to good people and vice versa…

Tecate
If it’s hot, wet and sticky and it’s not yours, don’t touch it!