deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Final countdown
(05-19-2024, 02:00 PM)pianopraze Wrote: This thread was celebration of life sort of event as ats owners have disappeared.
[...]
but the moderators there have almost no ability to fix or maintain ats so it’s sadly just a matter of time until it stops working… from what I understand.

hopefully someone far more knowledgeable than I can explain that part better.
Moderators on ATS can moderate like we have been.
We have no access to the database.   When things break, that is it.  Or when things start to get even glitchier.

I think we had been celebrating life on ATS since we were given a new lease last October when we got back in last October...I know it seemed like a lot of MIA members came back in the last year or so.
Let's face it, whether that bill got paid of not, ATS is less than a shell of its former glory.
It should be allowed to end in Dignity.
(05-19-2024, 03:04 PM)KKLoco Wrote: Who’s to say no one is doing minimal back end maintenance. I’ve experienced no slow downs there. In fact, Dorko did do some good last year, and the site is far more efficient than many years prior. 

The fact that the “You got Trolled” banner was put in place speaks a thousand words. It is really appearing that a ‘wealthy disgruntled former banned member’ purchased it — simply to piss everyone off. I’m putting my money on that. And I do believe they are watching getting narcissistic giggles out of it…….
Oh, come on!

After the drama last year about this time, I hardly think the owners came back to fix or maintain anything.
They dropped bombs and left.  
After the drama last October, with the Lock Out, they should have appeared then to clean house.  To correct the lock out.  They did not.

I remember when that Trolled banner was put up...back then, darko still seemed to give a damn about ATS.  It didn't last long.
(05-19-2024, 06:23 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Oh, come on!

After the drama last year about this time, I hardly think the owners came back to fix or maintain anything.
They dropped bombs and left.  
After the drama last October, with the Lock Out, they should have appeared then to clean house.  To correct the lock out.  They did not.

I remember when that Trolled banner was put up...back then, darko still seemed to give a damn about ATS.  It didn't last long.

What if Darko is no longer with us due to the Pandemic/Vaccine or some other life problem happened and his wife is perhaps the only one in contact with the current owner who is someone who has never really had any online presence or ongoing interest in the site? She was only involved a little and I remember messaging her to offer graphics support but had no response and I think her influence and activity was more for moral support towards Darko than the site. It could be her that prompted the payment for the site's account but perhaps she's not interested in anything further due to what I mentioned earlier or perhaps she's even scared to take an active roll again after everything that's happened.

Me thinks ATS needs a Ghost in the machine again and a proper shake up of access to those who can steer the ship efficiently if it's going to carry on a success. That intervention was a blessing in disguise although I don't really know the ins and outs of it, I don't think the site would have survived the lockout and problems when it happened the first time.

I admire your commitment to ATS DTOM and very glad you are here with us aswell.

Thanks....

[Image: KWGt8KF.png]

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.
(05-19-2024, 05:43 PM)KKLoco Wrote: Which banner? The one about all of us being trolled? Or the one that links to a dead wiki of Simon Gray?

I’m not seeing any banners.

(05-19-2024, 06:17 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Moderators on ATS can moderate like we have been.
We have no access to the database.   When things break, that is it.  Or when things start to get even glitchier.

I think we had been celebrating life on ATS since we were given a new lease last October when we got back in last October...I know it seemed like a lot of MIA members came back in the last year or so.
Let's face it, whether that bill got paid of not, ATS is less than a shell of its former glory.
It should be allowed to end in Dignity.

Ty

i’ve had to self moderate and take months or more off posting at times on ats. 

it can get overwhelming. 

seems like even when your trying to have civil friendly conversations things can turn toxic fast. I just withdrawal for a while.

but there really is no better place. Hopes for DI. Beer

Twitter is… weird. Facebook unusable. I’m just getting old and obsolete. Ats strikes right balance for engagement, place to talk about things… it’s just right.  Will be extreemly sad when it is gone.
(05-19-2024, 09:07 PM)Nerb Wrote: What if Darko is no longer with us due to the Pandemic/Vaccine or some other life problem happened and his wife is perhaps the only one in contact with the current owner who is someone who has never really had any online presence or ongoing interest in the site? She was only involved a little and I remember messaging her to offer graphics support but had no response and I think her influence and activity was more for moral support towards Darko than the site. It could be her that prompted the payment for the site's account but perhaps she's not interested in anything further due to what I mentioned earlier or perhaps she's even scared to take an active roll again after everything that's happened.

Me thinks ATS needs a Ghost in the machine again and a proper shake up of access to those who can steer the ship efficiently if it's going to carry on a success. That intervention was a blessing in disguise although I don't really know the ins and outs of it, I don't think the site would have survived the lockout and problems when it happened the first time.

I admire your commitment to ATS DTOM and very glad you are here with us aswell.

Thanks....

[Image: https://i.imgur.com/KWGt8KF.png]

*shrugs* someone definitely renewed the domain for another year... looks like they did so last night:

Domain Name: abovetopsecret.com
Registry Domain ID: 257256_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: https://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2024-05-19T07:01:04Z
Creation Date: 1997-05-17T23:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2025-05-18T23:00:00Z
The countdown has been removed.

tsk tsk…
(05-20-2024, 07:12 PM)l0st Wrote: *shrugs* someone definitely renewed the domain for another year... looks like they did so last night:

Domain Name: abovetopsecret.com
Registry Domain ID: 257256_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: https://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2024-05-19T07:01:04Z
Creation Date: 1997-05-17T23:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2025-05-18T23:00:00Z
It may stick around but it's still just a shadow of it's former glory and filled with glitches. I'll stay here.
(05-22-2024, 04:20 PM)AccessDenied Wrote: It may stick around but it's still just a shadow of it's former glory and filled with glitches. I'll stay here.

I see it as a "both and" rather than an "either or" proposition.