deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.4 Average
Final countdown
(05-19-2024, 01:16 PM)LucidDreamer Wrote: I guess I didn't understand the thread lol...not the first time and undoubtedly not my last comprehension problem. Glad the bill was paid and it will survive a little longer as plenty of wisdom and denial of ignorance in those pages.

This thread was celebration of life sort of event as ats owners have disappeared.

The countdown at the bottom of this forum was the inspiration … the "final countdown" until ats disappeared to history.

but apparently the new owners left a credit card on file for auto renewal so ats not going away yet.

but the moderators there have almost no ability to fix or maintain ats so it’s sadly just a matter of time until it stops working… from what I understand.

hopefully someone far more knowledgeable than I can explain that part better.
(05-19-2024, 01:05 PM)pianopraze Wrote:  

beat me too it.  

Came to post the Ats thread.

I hear the databases need maintenance or something?

Who’s to say no one is doing minimal back end maintenance. I’ve experienced no slow downs there. In fact, Dorko did do some good last year, and the site is far more efficient than many years prior. 

The fact that the “You got Trolled” banner was put in place speaks a thousand words. It is really appearing that a ‘wealthy disgruntled former banned member’ purchased it — simply to piss everyone off. I’m putting my money on that. And I do believe they are watching getting narcissistic giggles out of it…….
Well, it seemed ludicrous to suppose that mere apathetic lethargy would cause the exceedingly popular ATS to simply evaporate into oblivion.

However, the experiences we all share kind of demonstrates a modus operandi which seems to indicate ATS is suffering from some form of neglect.

Those dedicated administrators, Supers, and Mods are to be commended for operating in good faith over so long a period... without any true leadership or direction.  They are the only reason that ship still sails.  Whatever is happening over there has been going on for too long for me to feel comfortable imagining "It will al be fine now."

As for the 'head games' of others, I can only make empty speculations... I don't know them, and frankly I'm not really sure they are worth the effort of unravelling.
(05-18-2024, 12:30 AM)KKLoco Wrote: Yes, it is painfully clear that the previous and current owners - only had monetary gain at heart. 

While the majority of us members feel the value is in the content, not the domain name. Unfortunately, outsiders looking in, see the value in the domain name. That’s why it’s ridiculous to believe the twat owner wouldn’t pay $34.98 to re-up the domain for a year. Even if the intent is to sell the domain name to the highest bidder. Which I believe would fetch over $20k, at minimum. Then again, the new douchey owner made his dough on cryptos, and BC has exponentially spiked in the last several months, with a mild 5% correction. Maybe the thoughts of him being a short-attention spanned lazy ass are true….
To clarify, I should have said the current owner/owners whom might
be the same as the one who bought it from The Three Amigo's.

I don't think the domain name abovetopsecret willl ever get parked.
As you have pointed out, and most of us know, the name is far
to valuable to just let languish.

Pardon my late reply I am just learning how to use this site.

P.S. FOR THE RECORD:  I think the moderators have done a
remarkable job staying classy, efficient, kind and professional.
They have dedicated decades to the site and community of
members. The site never would have been so loved if it were not
for the caring mods and admin and members. It does not
sit well with me to see them being ghosted.
Can we keep the countdown going, just for fun.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.
(05-19-2024, 03:52 PM)bts Wrote: To clarify, I should have said the current owner/owners whom might
be the same as the one who bought it from The Three Amigo's.

I don't think the domain name abovetopsecret willl ever get parked.
As you have pointed out, and most of us know, the name is far
to valuable to just let languish.

Pardon my late reply I am just learning how to use this site.

P.S. FOR THE RECORD:  I think the moderators have done a
remarkable job staying classy, efficient, kind and professional.
They have dedicated decades to the site and community of
members. The site never would have been so loved if it were not
for the caring mods and admin and members. It does not
sit well with me to see them being ghosted.

Is that BurnTheShips?

Good to see ya!

(05-19-2024, 03:04 PM)KKLoco Wrote: Who’s to say no one is doing minimal back end maintenance. I’ve experienced no slow downs there. In fact, Dorko did do some good last year, and the site is far more efficient than many years prior. 

The fact that the “You got Trolled” banner was put in place speaks a thousand words. It is really appearing that a ‘wealthy disgruntled former banned member’ purchased it — simply to piss everyone off. I’m putting my money on that. And I do believe they are watching getting narcissistic giggles out of it…….

The mods, in this or another thread recently.  

my memory sucks so I forget which one. I am hopeing they will jump in and explain what my horrible memory can’t.
(05-19-2024, 04:32 PM)pianopraze Wrote: Good to see ya!

Aloha, my friend!
https://denyignorance.com/Thread-Aloha

Beer
Said hi in your thread :)

am I the only one not seeing the banner on ats?

I went to every different section and I have no banners.
(05-19-2024, 05:22 PM)pianopraze Wrote: Said hi in your thread :)

am I the only one not seeing the banner on ats?

I went to every different section and I have no banners.

Which banner? The one about all of us being trolled? Or the one that links to a dead wiki of Simon Gray?
ATS holds a lot of nostalgia for me, it's the first place I went as a kid, trying to find answers to fringe topics. Seeing what it's devolved into, though, has me not feeling too sad about it going dark.