deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Thoughts
Random Thoughts

The thread title itself sums it up pretty well. Any thoughts or incomplete ideas to be quickly jotted down that may not be ripe, ready, or evidently suitable at a glance for any other topic/subtopic.

It's fairly informal, and I've seen users on other forums make moderate use of such threads e.g. based on experience, I've been thinking about posting the pros and cons of buying cheap tires in my automotive thread.

Also, there was a recent proposal rejected a couple years ago that came up again that would prevent the general public from working on their own vehicles, and it was voted down again. I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind these proposals; of course I have ideas.
(Yesterday, 02:34 AM)CCoburn Wrote: Random Thoughts

Also, there was a recent proposal rejected a couple years ago that came up again that would prevent the general public from working on their own vehicles, and it was voted down again. I'd be interested to know the reasoning behind these proposals; of course I have ideas.

Well, I for one am unapologetically inclined to inquire under a conspiracy theory premise... so in regards to your last comment "being voted down" I can say that it was highly likely that any collection of information accumulated by experience and observation would operate against the "prime directive," namely "profit."

If people are encouraged to share their successes and experiences working with their own vehicles it would eventually become clear where 'designed obsolescence' is purposefully inserted, systemically protected, and financially exploited.  A focused effort is bound to show how to overcome and resolve these elements in the products consumers pay for.  Especially if they are cogently constructed and accumulated in a commonly accessible place.  Can't have that... right?
Ok!

Why do we call it humpday, when most people get laid on the weekend?

Why do we park on the driveway, and drive on the parkway?

And, lastly, why do we work so hard to get people to conform to society, when we should actually be joining them?? (My Wife’s favorite, she’s a psychologist)

Tecate
If it’s hot, wet and sticky and it’s not yours, don’t touch it!
Never chase or choose a label for yourself. You stick to it and can't move freely. I think it was Mark Twain who said "Don't let your children's schooling ruin their education". How true. I left school early and learned more in a year than the whole of my school life.

It is impossible to live in the past, but wonderful to live with it. Those with a past to hide that they are afraid of usually tell others not to live "in" the past.

The job of every parent is to produce the best Grandchildren possible. Makes absolute sense and gives parents a good reason to think about the true future of their own children beyond being a representation of themselves.

Is the ATS countdown clock that has now turned RED and is shuddering going to explode when it hits zero?

Where do all my missing odd socks go? I have an endless supply of their lonely counterparts which are now useful polishing socks in the workshop because of this mystery.

Is there a name for that tickley throat that makes you want to cough that shows up every time an important meeting is about to happen? It's one of those things that I'm sure is psychosymatic and happens the moment we have the slightest thought about it.

More to follow when I have thunk some more...

Great idea for a thread. Thumbup

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.
(9 hours ago)Nerb Wrote: Where do all my missing odd socks go?

Speaking of socks, isn't it amazing that we, as humans, can stand on one leg while putting a sock on the other?