deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Of all the.... really? Well... I need a drink.
I tended bar at a really popular club in college eons ago.  Our specialty drink was Long Island Iced Teas, and I can make a mean one.  I tend to stay away from them now because those things can be straight-up dangerous (in a variety of ways).  (1 Vodka, 1 Rum, 1 Tequila, 1/4 Triple Sec, 1/2 Gin, Coke, Sour and Sprite, all made in a 32oz cup...2 drink limit, 1 drink limit after 8pm). 

Now my preferences are more tame.  A nice aged single malt scotch (the peatier the better), or Chardonnay wine (chilled) is nice, and I like a decent Port now and again.

I don't get hangovers anymore, but the best remedy for a hangover is...a single aspirin and an 8oz (or larger) glass of water before bed.  Not two aspirin, just one tablet.  Two aspirin thins out the blood too much.  You will wake up feeling like you had nothing to drink the night before.  The hardest part is, you just have to remember to do it, and only immediately before you go horizontal in the rack.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Of all the.... really? Well... I need a drink. - by FlyingClayDisk - 06-16-2024, 11:41 PM