deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns
(06-14-2024, 08:52 PM)ANNEE Wrote: Every child in school today is a number.  They use their number to log into online instruction, and for other needs/activities.

But kids themselves are so varied -- "equal" kind of gets wobbly.  However, since almost everything is electronic/online -- academics today are more equal than in the past.  No teacher's pet Shocked 

I agree on bullying.  I'd have my kid pulled so fast -- heads would spin.  If the school didn't adequately handle it.

I'm dealing with Autism/ADHD/Gender variant.  I have every person's email that is involved in his education -- and am not afraid to use them.  You have to advocate for your kid -- with direct politeness.

Hey Annee good to see you here...it's all about the limited amount of classroom time

I was kind of joking on using numbers, as an extreme measure to get away from school being disrupted and our teachers actually teaching all students. ie the teacher, substitute or not has a list of the students and their number. When calling roll the calls the number and voila no more problem. Much easier than remembering each person's pronouns, especially for a substitute. 

It's not easy being a teacher, we have 3 teachers in our family, one just retired. They have always stressed trying to limit anything that takes a way from actual classroom time. So when societal changes pop up, these disruptions make a difference.

One reason most private schools they were uniforms, it's not to mesh anybody into a mold it's just if we celebrate everybody's individuality there is no time for actual learning. 

Generally, our children's quality of education is dropping lower and lower, some would say thats how they want them to be. But we are falling behind the rest of the world, how does Europe or Asia handle this type of issue?

10 Countries with Best World Education Rank:
(Score of 1 is the highest possible score)
1. Iceland - 0.938
2. Germany - 0.917
3. New Zealand - 0.914
4. Norway - 0.912
5. Denmark - 0.909
6. Finland - 0.907
7. Switzerland - 0.902
8. United Kingdom - 0.901
9. Slovenia - 0.898
10. Australia - 0.896
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns - by putnam6 - 06-15-2024, 10:15 AM