deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Of all the.... really? Well... I need a drink.
(06-10-2024, 01:16 AM)Maxmars Wrote: I'm not what you might call "a drinker."

For the past two decades, I've have consumed about 5 or 6 ounces of alcohol a year (not counting about 2 beers, maybe three... and the odd Egg Nog.)

But when you have one of those days...  Even not being a drinker... I need a drink.

Now I don't really drink, as I've said... I'm never looking to get drunk, and I don't really care for the hazy buzz after the first 15 minutes...  When I think about a drink, I think more of the experience of actually drinking it... I wanted it to taste good.  I don't want fire washing down my gullet, I don't relish the subtle variables of hops, nor am I OK with something that I can smell in my own sweat (or on my own breath 5 hours later.)

I suppose I should be embarrassed to admit I like sweet drinks like a classic strawberry daquiri (never whip cream please.)  But I have also enjoyed brandies, wines like Blue Nun, Fassi Bataglia, and the like, rum and Coke, and even a kind-hearted sipping tequila has peaked my enjoyment.  If I do go out "for a drink" most of that is off the table... what should I ask for? 

Gimme suggestions people... gimme you're suggestions, for a non-connoisseur...

How about a Long Island Iced-tea? Made correctly, you won't taste alcohol, but be careful!!!
SnrRog

Messages In This Thread
RE: Of all the.... really? Well... I need a drink. - by SnrRog - 06-13-2024, 11:57 AM