deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Of all the.... really? Well... I need a drink.
(06-10-2024, 01:16 AM)Maxmars Wrote: I'm not what you might call "a drinker."

For the past two decades, I've have consumed about 5 or 6 ounces of alcohol a year (not counting about 2 beers, maybe three... and the odd Egg Nog.)

But when you have one of those days...  Even not being a drinker... I need a drink.

Now I don't really drink, as I've said... I'm never looking to get drunk, and I don't really care for the hazy buzz after the first 15 minutes...  When I think about a drink, I think more of the experience of actually drinking it... I wanted it to taste good.  I don't want fire washing down my gullet, I don't relish the subtle variables of hops, nor am I OK with something that I can smell in my own sweat (or on my own breath 5 hours later.)

I suppose I should be embarrassed to admit I like sweet drinks like a classic strawberry daquiri (never whip cream please.)  But I have also enjoyed brandies, wines like Blue Nun, Fassi Bataglia, and the like, rum and Coke, and even a kind-hearted sipping tequila has peaked my enjoyment.  If I do go out "for a drink" most of that is off the table... what should I ask for? 

Gimme suggestions people... gimme you're suggestions, for a non-connoisseur...

Well, if you're just looking for something refreshing and you like the taste of beer, O'douls makes a non-alcoholic pilsner that's decent.

My old standby in my bar days was 1/2 shot sour apple pucker, 1/2 shot vodka, cranberry juice, and tonic. Has a nice flavor, has some carbonation, not too strong, won't leave you with that "I need some water" feeling in your mouth. Plus, if you use decent liquors you won't have any hangover.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Of all the.... really? Well... I need a drink. - by l0st - 06-10-2024, 01:49 AM