deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Israel and Palestine | Middle Ground Roundtable
(12-24-2023, 08:00 AM)Theatreboy Wrote: I don't see why Israel needs a plan for Gaza.

They let Gaza rule themselves starting in 2007-ish. Gazans voted Hamas as their leaders. Hamas literally stormed the border to rape and pillage Israeli citizens and towns. 

I say let Gaza rebuild itself. 

If they have to focus on rebuilding Gaza, they won't have the time or resources to terrorize their neighbor.

I understand the sentiment but

If Israel is smart they will be fair and just and merciful with the Gazan GP, the reality is if they rebuild and assist and Gaza prospers, it will isolate the radical Muslim element even further in the Arab world. I imagine this is one reason the Muslim Brotherhood and then Hamas had to make sure Gazans didn't live too well, it was bad for the cause.

It obvious there is 2 Arab worlds and there is a divide growing between them one side is trying to move towards the 21st century and sees the benefits of normalized relationships, while the other is stuck in the 17th century religious dogma.  

The free world, the democratic world has to point the way... and show the benefits of peace
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Israel and Palestine | Middle Ground Roundtable - by putnam6 - 12-25-2023, 01:44 PM