deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US National Security Threat: Is this about one thing, or the other?
I recently came across a few articles regarding what was called, by the House Intelligence Committee Chairman, a "serious national security threat."

Mind you, I am generally uninterested in "political theater," and this might well be just that.  However, on the off chance that the alarm is sincere and not another "tool" to promote "appearances," I wonder if anyone might feel compelled to comment and expand my understanding about some of this potential "news."

The reporting tells us that:

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Turner is urging President Biden to declassify information related to a "serious national security threat." 

"Today, the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence has made available to all Members of Congress information concerning a serious national security threat," Turner, R-Ohio, said in a statement Wednesday.

"I am requesting that President Biden declassify all information relating to this threat so that Congress, the Administration, and our allies can openly discuss the actions necessary to respond to this threat," he added.

Source: Fox News

The reporter notes a coincidental piece of evidence they obtained; namely a "notice" which had been distributed to members of congress on Wednesday (Jan 31st?,) which suggested "an urgent matter with regard to a destabilizing foreign military capability that should be known by all Congressional Policy Makers."

My first intruding thought was... "wait... that little tidbit sat unreported for a week?"  It seems to me that the whole "urgent matter" was not reported until the Chair of the Intelligence Committee cried "Yo!  We can't ignore this!"  Is that right?  And he received it a week ago too.  And evidently recognized its apparent magnitude.

The National Security Advisor acknowledged, and apparently executed a personal briefing for the Committee Chairmen the very next day ... which must have been alarming enough justify this 'open call' request to the administration.

We could go all over the place with this since the 'cherry on top' phrase is "a destabilizing foreign military capabilitywhich might be meant to deter inference about exactly whose "destabilizing capability" he is concerned with, (let alone exactly what capability we are talking about.)

All in all, objectively speaking this is fear fodder.  Whether true or not, sounding alarm like this is supposed to present only when real threats are on the horizon, otherwise... what can it be....

Another one of his over-the-top promotions for foreign military aid?  (insert, the obligatory O'Jays tune herein)

In essence my question is this:

Would you bet that this purely A) political theatrics, or is it really a B) national threat? 

Please indulge me, I know the purist answer is "yes" without specifying which...
but I wonder if this has political value alone, or is it true (prima facia, so to speak.)

(Also, can we expect to ever learn the truth either way, I wonder?)
My guess is to keep everybody's attention away from the shady dealings of our duly elected leaders as they run through more bills to continue 'fundamentally change America'.

They're also using the fear factor; fear of the unknown, and as everybody contemplates worst case scenario it would be the perfect time for a false flag event.

The way Biden has blocked all efforts of peace talks from other nations leaders between Russia and Ukraine since day one, it sure looks like he's set up to be a wartime POTUS.

Did you know the rules were changed in 2020 so the US can use a nuclear weapon first use?
Biden Policy Allows First Use of Nuclear Weapons | Arms Control AssociationPresident Joe Biden has signed off on a months-long, Pentagon-led review of U.S. defense strategy and nuclear weapons policy. On March 28, the White House announced that it had transmitted to Congress the classified version of the National Defense Strategy (NDS). Senior administration officials told Arms Control Today that this document includes the Nuclear Posture Review (NPR) and the Missile Defense Review (MDR)
as annexes.
Senior U.S. officials said that Biden has decided not to follow through on his 2020 pledge to declare that the sole purpose of nuclear weapons is to deter a nuclear attack against the United States or its allies. Instead, he approved a version of a policy from the Obama administration that leaves open the option to use nuclear weapons not only in retaliation to a nuclear attack, but also to respond to non-nuclear threats.
I'm not a Domestic Engineer; I'm still feral.