deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tik Tok
(03-16-2024, 07:11 PM)worldstarcountry Wrote: Tik Tok has made humanity go full retard, and frankly so has much of social media.

I would have to point out that these sites provide a Dopamine fix to the masses and it's the masses that fuel the need by demand, on demand. The sites are farming everything they can for more leverage over those masses to control more of the market, just like advertising has for decades.

It's a bit like Hip-Hop music and how the beat was designed to do just that, create Dopamine to fuel Adrenalin to create action to create more of the same. A self fueling mechanism to be drained for control and profit.

Some talk about networks and the internet "going down", but I don't think it would be for long if at all because TPTB need to keep the continuity of the control they have that is oh so micromanaged. One short void and when things get back to "normal" (ha ha) they would have to sort out the collateral damage to continue the agendas.

Mind you, with A.I. dealing with so much of the behind the scenes activity, perhaps a void would all be part of more plans. Perhaps that's what the recent virus/vaccine/lockdowns were all about, but that is another ball of wax all together imo.

I too don't use a mobile although I have one. It's a good camera and on occasion an alarm clock. Basically, the phones are not the problem for me, it's the habitual use by spoonfed idiots who cannot function as individual human beings.

What we need is more Talk, not TikTok and the other social media sites. Voices have been stifled in favour of demands for attention and commercial weakness for rubbish and entitlements.

"Shut it down, shut it down now"!

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
I enjoy Tik Tok.  There I said it.   I have zero worries about them stealing information from me.   I use my phone for a phone, and not much else.    I would never use my phone for banking or anything important.   So the Chinese get demographic information from me.  Big deal.   Knock yourselves out.   If you use a services and you don't pay for it, YOU are the product.   Accept it.   My phone doesn't have any email addy's associated with me.    I don't subscribe to Tik Tok and I don't use FaceBorg, or Twitter or anything else.   It can see my IP address, which is roving and identifies with the Capital of this country.   Big Deal.   

Don't give them any data if you don't want them to have anything.   P.S.  Screw you also, Google.  Get off my lawn.  :D
(03-31-2024, 08:13 PM)argentus Wrote: I enjoy Tik Tok.  There I said it.   I have zero worries about them stealing information from me.   I use my phone for a phone, and not much else.    I would never use my phone for banking or anything important.   So the Chinese get demographic information from me.  Big deal.   Knock yourselves out.   If you use a services and you don't pay for it, YOU are the product.   Accept it.   My phone doesn't have any email addy's associated with me.    I don't subscribe to Tik Tok and I don't use FaceBorg, or Twitter or anything else.   It can see my IP address, which is roving and identifies with the Capital of this country.   Big Deal.   

Don't give them any data if you don't want them to have anything.   P.S.  Screw you also, Google.  Get off my lawn.  :D

Wish I could star and flag
(04-01-2024, 06:05 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: Wish I could star and flag

Thank you!  I continue to think that Google is the real e-vile entity.   Yes, I have a gmail.  Yes, I could easily live without it.    Yes, and yes, I am extremely suspicious and critical of Google for all their intrusive data gathering.   

However, they are still not allowed at my fire, or on my lawn.
With ATS becoming a bi-polar mess Ive spent more time On X/Twitter, Facebook, Discord, Reddit and even TikTok They all are toxic AF and I know they have very little social redeeming value. Any value they do have is outweighed by the bad by a huge margin. 

Twitter/X I spend more time banning people who pop on sites I enjoy than actually reading. TikTok is marginally aligned with my career industry, but I'm not too fond of the quick and fast format. Easily 80% of the content is idiotic, and the rest Im usually left going I'd like to hear more, if it wasn't in the annoying portrait mode.
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
I went to war with my TikTok App. It was pre-installed on my Galaxy, and though I never had an account, and deleted the app it still used like 20 GB of data (the exact same rate as before deletion) in 3 weeks in a way I couldn't stop. Pissed me off.

The only way to block it was to disable background data after deleting the app.

Apparently that's all Samsung devices of late. Accusations of trying to make it a compulsory app litter the internet.

I'm all for free choice to be exploited, but that CCP weapon needs to be off every American phone and replaced with a troll meme of Xi. That's just my opinion.

@google - Why does TikTok collect data after I delete the app.

Quote:TikTok sees itself as being able to use that information, even though that third party has no interest in being on TikTok," he said. Another way you might end up in TikTok's collection of data is if you've appeared on screen in any photos or videos that your friends who use TikTok uploaded.

I'm thinking that's a CCP mindset on top of standard industry practice.
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
(04-20-2024, 01:14 AM)IdeomotorPrisoner Wrote: I went to war with my TikTok App. It was pre-installed on my Galaxy, and though I never had an account, and deleted the app it still used like 20 GB of data (the exact same rate as before deletion) in 3 weeks in a way I couldn't stop. Pissed me off.

The only way to block it was to disable background data after deleting the app.

Apparently that's all Samsung devices of late. Accusations of trying to make it a compulsory app litter the internet.

I'm all for free choice to be exploited, but that CCP weapon needs to be off every American phone and replaced with a troll meme of Xi. That's just my opinion.

@google - Why does TikTok collect data after I delete the app.

I'm thinking that's a CCP mindset on top of standard industry practice.

I know it's not the topic, but TikTok's is only one 'style' of invasive data gathering practice... and they are not the only one's who do it

I still hate it, though... just thought I would mention that little factoid...
(04-20-2024, 01:54 AM)Maxmars Wrote: I know it's not the topic, but TikTok's is only one 'style' of invasive data gathering practice... and they are not the only one's who do it

Definitely. I don't know why my mind fixes in on TikTok, because Meta and Google does some fucked data collection too.

I was just in awe of the AMOUNT TikTok used. They were 20 times more than Facebook in Background data. For foreground data, Instagram is tops, heavy background data as well.

I should be angry at them as well, but for some reason, I feel China's excess background data usage is more nefarious than American companies targeted advertising. They want everything you do. We already have one NSA to route all activity through their fusion filters, we dont need China's freaking version doing it in pre-installed fashion.

They want to know WAY too much, and I'm convinced it's building a database of every device and person on earth that touches their app. They want to know every thing people think and everything people say.

I swear it could be compared to an "in-app" Prism function. That uses TikTok permissions to catalog every site searched, every text sent, every picture taken, everything posted, regardless of site. Something invasive for that much data.

Just seems like what China's would secretly use it for.

And I don't know quite know, why I can tolerate Google and Meta's for profit data sake and national security considerations, and not extend that to a partially CCP-funded app. But I just don't. And I don't appreciate the millions they employ to sift through Western opinions and social media posts.

I thought China just wanted to do China, I didn't realize that would turn into this somewhat effective Global Domination thing they are attempting.

Probably paranoid though.
[Image: xn661c5393.jpg]
Undecided voter
(04-20-2024, 01:54 AM)Maxmars Wrote: I know it's not the topic, but TikTok's is only one 'style' of invasive data gathering practice... and they are not the only one's who do it

TikTok is dangerous because of its popularity with young people, they can be slammed with all kinds of BS propaganda repeatedly. For most kids it doesn't matter but enough do get sucked into it, and they become indoctrinated

https://cheq.ai/blog/8-bizarre-click-far...ey-worked/

[Image: clickfarm6-1920w.jpg]
Quote:His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....
It's not a defense of Tik Tok, I really am no fan.  

But I think we keep focusing on the nastiness they seem to be engendering, rather than make more important and immediate efforts to educate our children differently... so they are not so easily manipulated, or radically influenced.  I know that is a tall order.  After all many of us are just as victimized and prone to 'embrace' that kind of social media engineering.

Our children suffer from exposure to information they are not prepared to understand... youth being what it is.  But it get much worse when all the parents do is grind their teeth and complain.  Our children are as we make them. 

I would offer the idea that part of this is our own mistake, thinking that "on-line" is a "place" you hang out and meet "cool people" While not having a relationship that includes actually talking to your children about their world.

On the China angle, yeah... there are people in China who appear set to exploit anything and everything; it's in the underlying ideology - I think.  But from their perspective, we are no different and do it both to ourselves and others too.  So the hate/fear tribal reflex is right there.

We could make Tik Tok go away (so to speak) but others will take its place... until we create the kind of relationships with our kids that can provide a balance to the garbage peddlers, and social engineers.  I hate to sound 'old-fashioned' but the answer is in having actual 'families,' and being part of an actual 'community.'  Two things the "establishment' doesn't seem to actually protect - other than lip-service.