deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tik Tok
Personally, I don't think the problem is the platforms mentioned here in this thread.

The main problem is the habitual use of mobile phones in daily life.

Many people cannot communicate with a voice any more beyond demanding or supplying basic information. "Chatting" with those not within earshot seems obsolete. Perhaps why spam telephone calls were not halted so much meaning people just turned to the device they use instead because it was originally not a number on a list worked through by a person at a screen for commission selling unwanted services. That changed for mobiles with the advent of A.I. control over those lists.

The advent of mobiles has even caused children to ignore their friends they are actually with in favour of staring at their screens en masse and looking to anonymous sources instead of parents for advice and REAL friends for fun. Trust the machine but not Mum or Dad eh? And too many parents are just children themselves, favouring the use of screens to bring their children up instead of being RESPONSIBLE adults in the first place.
They are called "Smart"phones because they are the smart part of a dumb person sometimes, attached in a hand until sleep comes to be picked up as soon as the eyes open again.

I have a smartphone that is a good camera, a useful alarm clock and I am forced to use it only when I need a code to let TPTB that I am plugged into their Matrix. It is usually wrapped up and switched off to the point where I recharge it maybe once every few months.

Ha ha ha ha!  Life is what you make it.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
All I can say about Tik Tok is that I accidentally downloaded it onto my partner's cell phone and they wanted to keep it; I don't use Tik Tok. So my partner has the most scams sent to their phone than anyone I know...why? I blame it on their use of Tik Tok, but you are right, their choice as to what and how others use their information. Take the bad with the good? .
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory
My friend, of your didn't see this coming a decade ago...you've already been got. I used myspace and facebook early early on for business mostly...but never had to give a real name. Facial recognition probably has me though still. Point being...you're all part of the machine now...
(03-23-2024, 06:20 PM)RickyD Wrote: My friend, of your didn't see this coming a decade ago...you've already been got. I used myspace and facebook early early on for business mostly...but never had to give a real name. Facial recognition probably has me though still. Point being...you're all part of the machine now...

Yup, the privacy boat sailed on the "commercial" internet long ago.  People I speak with mostly still don't recognize the power of data "ownership," and some don't even want to. Ironically, we practically gave it to them for free.
(03-14-2024, 06:41 PM)DBCowboy Wrote: The government and media is saying that China is using Tik Tok to steal our information.

Yet the same government uses Facebook, Instagram, X (Twitter), Discord, to steal our information.

I don't think Tik Tok should be banned.

If you want your info stolen, then it should be up to you.

Yes.  That is another way of saying if you want to allow your personal information to be vulnerable, that is your choice.   How many of us worry about the nefarious influences of Google?   Well, let me tell you, EVERYTHING you say and do is preserved.   I used to be very hesitant to use the Cloud.   Then, my phone went wonky and I tried to put the existing chip into my new phone, and it wouldn't work.   I used my old phone to search for past contacts which I'd deleted.   Nothing is ever really deleted.   

CIA/Amazon have both publicly acknowledged their connection and data harvesting with each other.   I don't make accounts with FaceBook or Tik Tok or Insta and I'm not a Tweeter.   Still, I don't doubt that any of those can legally harvest info from me, in the same way that the cookies do whenever you use a site.   There are no secrets.   It doesn't matter.   I would never use my phone for banking or anything important, however I doubt that my PC is as secure as I wish it were.
(03-15-2024, 03:17 PM)Nikita Wrote: I dislike TikTok, FB and most of the others.  
I really don't like this instant information thing.
I really dislike this AI stuff that is invading Google and Bing.

BUT!

Unless they reign in the other social media that competes for TikTok, leave it alone.
Banning TikTok alone makes it look like western propaganda is ok, all others need not apply.

(03-24-2024, 02:48 PM)argentus Wrote: Yes.  That is another way of saying if you want to allow your personal information to be vulnerable, that is your choice.   How many of us worry about the nefarious influences of Google?   Well, let me tell you, EVERYTHING you say and do is preserved.   I used to be very hesitant to use the Cloud.   Then, my phone went wonky and I tried to put the existing chip into my new phone, and it wouldn't work.   I used my old phone to search for past contacts which I'd deleted.   Nothing is ever really deleted.   

CIA/Amazon have both publicly acknowledged their connection and data harvesting with each other.   I don't make accounts with FaceBook or Tik Tok or Insta and I'm not a Tweeter.   Still, I don't doubt that any of those can legally harvest info from me, in the same way that the cookies do whenever you use a site.   There are no secrets.   It doesn't matter.   I would never use my phone for banking or anything important, however I doubt that my PC is as secure as I wish it were.

When I retire, I'm going off grid as much as possible.
(03-27-2024, 07:43 PM)DBCowboy Wrote:  

When I retire, I'm going off grid as much as possible.

I hear you.  My employment situation is characterized as "retired with a side gig".   We are about 1/2 off-grid powerwise and everything else.    The hell of it is that when the SHTF -- and it will  --  we don't have to fear survival, or health, or starvation.  NOSIR.  We have to fear other people who want our stuff and will do anything within their means to take it.  We, of course, will do everything within our means to resist.    We would share, mind, but not under duress.  Nope.  

Good thing we are known as a Christian nation.
(03-27-2024, 09:08 PM)argentus Wrote: I hear you.  My employment situation is characterized as "retired with a side gig".   We are about 1/2 off-grid powerwise and everything else.    The hell of it is that when the SHTF -- and it will  --  we don't have to fear survival, or health, or starvation.  NOSIR.  We have to fear other people who want our stuff and will do anything within their means to take it.  We, of course, will do everything within our means to resist.    We would share, mind, but not under duress.  Nope.  

Good thing we are known as a Christian nation.

Sadly, we can't.  My wife and I are too dependent on pharma just to stay alive.

It's an age thing.
I’m less worried about China and tic tik.

more worried about our government trouncing constitution.
All I observe is that I do not have tik tok but my significant other does and they get scamming galore and I do not. Choice.
"The real trouble with reality is that there is no background music." Anonymous

Plato's Chariot Allegory