deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More Glitches in the ATS Matrix
(06-07-2024, 04:59 PM)Maxmars Wrote: I avoid ATS like the plague... it's how I cope with being summarily expelled with no warning...

No sock accounts for me EVER.  Never have, never will.

Agreed.
(06-07-2024, 08:47 PM)VulcanWerks Wrote: Agreed.

Me either. I can't imagine being so desperate to push some point that I would waste my own time and energy making a bunch of accounts so I can reply to myself. Pretty nutty behavior IMHO although I've always suspected that the guilty parties are being paid to do this.

As an example, the TDS crowd seems to have agents on patrol 24/7 for the last 7-8 years now. There is no way this traffic is organic. I just don't believe someone is not being paid to keep Trump TDS on the front page 24/7. Sure, there are people who disagree with his behavior during his presidency but I find it patently unusual for the behavior to continue years after he stepped down from office.
(06-08-2024, 06:11 PM)l0st Wrote: ...

As an example, the TDS crowd seems to have agents on patrol 24/7 for the last 7-8 years now. There is no way this traffic is organic. I just don't believe someone is not being paid to keep Trump TDS on the front page 24/7. Sure, there are people who disagree with his behavior during his presidency but I find it patently unusual for the behavior to continue years after he stepped down from office.

There are entire businesses running now that do that stuff "for hire."  Their clients?  Big business, many (many) governments, political party "supporters," business associations, and almost any multi-billion dollar concern you can name out there.  Social media is an "opportunity" to the 'water armies' of the 21st century.  Ironically, no government will admit to doing it (COVID event anyone?)... they won't make it illegal.  Money equals "free speech" according to the folks who are supposed to stop that practice... so they won't.
(06-08-2024, 07:34 PM)Maxmars Wrote: There are entire businesses running now that do that stuff "for hire."  Their clients?  Big business, many (many) governments, political party "supporters," business associations, and almost any multi-billion dollar concern you can name out there.  Social media is an "opportunity" to the 'water armies' of the 21st century.  Ironically, no government will admit to doing it (COVID event anyone?)... they won't make it illegal.  Money equals "free speech" according to the folks who are supposed to stop that practice... so they won't.

Of course they won't. It's not just Tracing the other side too but how can anyone have a legitimate discussion is anyone's guess. I think it's intentional.
UPDATE:

ICEBERG DEAD AHEAD!!!!!!

Worst fears realized - ‘password recovery’ is officially broken. So is the ‘create an account’ function. Both produce the same SMTP error message when attempting each one. The system does not even attempt to send an email.

I was finally able to connect with DTOM. She sent me a reset and - nothing. So I took it a step further and created a new proton email account, to create a new account on ATS, and received the exact error message.

It would be interesting to see when the last ‘new account’ was created. That would tell us when it happened. I can’t see much on there due to not having an account. What I am seeing is the last ‘Introduction’ thread was posted on June 2nd. Ironically, I was locked out on June 3rd I believe.

I think we’ve been gliding into the iceberg at 1 MPH the last year or so. Well, she finally struck the ice. Water is slowly starting to pour into the bulkheads…..

ETA: More glitches. For shits and giggles I submitted it again. This time it didn’t give me an SMTP error code. It said ‘username already exists’. So ATS is somehow registering new account - but it’s not allowing you to get to the step to finish creating it.
It's too soon to think that this is the end. 

These kind of errors have cropped up before... it just takes someone to engage with the various servers and restore the functionality.  Problem is there is no one that can do that around the hood, I suppose.

Hopefully someone can fix it, once the person with the appropriate access can engage with it.

Not that I wouldn't rather they all moved on over here... after all DI works.  But that's just my opinion.
(06-10-2024, 08:49 PM)Maxmars Wrote: It's too soon to think that this is the end. 

These kind of errors have cropped up before... it just takes someone to engage with the various servers and restore the functionality.  Problem is there is no one that can do that around the hood, I suppose.

Hopefully someone can fix it, once the person with the appropriate access can engage with it.

Not that I wouldn't rather they all moved on over here... after all DI works.  But that's just my opinion.
I didn’t say it was the end. I said “Water is slowly starting to pour into the bulkheads.”

As you mentioned, no one is in control on the back end. Now, no one can generate a new password. And, no new members can sign up. 

This is the first major domino to fall in the demise of ATS. It was ‘somewhat’ functioning before this.

Im like you now, Max. Banned to eternity, without getting the opportunity to say my goodbyes to some good peeps, that won’t be coming here….

ETA, in fact, one of the mods should make a ‘Start saying your goodbyes’ thread. To give those with access the opportunity to do so. It’s only a matter of time now, before something even more major glitches out - and the lights are completely out.
Yeah, it's sad. I devoted ten years to ATS. Now I can't login. When I try to recover it says that address is not associated with my account. Its a catch 22.  There appears to be no way to recover.  I'm actually happy to be here, but that's still a lot of history to give up.  Perhaps it's all in the Akashic Records, but still....
(06-10-2024, 06:44 PM)KKLoco Wrote: UPDATE:

ICEBERG DEAD AHEAD!!!!!!

Worst fears realized - ‘password recovery’ is officially broken. So is the ‘create an account’ function. Both produce the same SMTP error message when attempting each one. The system does not even attempt to send an email.

I was finally able to connect with DTOM. She sent me a reset and - nothing. So I took it a step further and created a new proton email account, to create a new account on ATS, and received the exact error message.

It would be interesting to see when the last ‘new account’ was created. That would tell us when it happened. I can’t see much on there due to not having an account. What I am seeing is the last ‘Introduction’ thread was posted on June 2nd. Ironically, I was locked out on June 3rd I believe.

I've just gone into the ATS membership list. The page at the new end of the list is crammed with accounts created June 10th 2014, "last visited Dec 31 1969". I may find your new one on an earlier page.

P.S. Yes, I can confirm that "last visited Dec 31 1969" took a full grip on new membership on June 2nd, but it was happening fitfully even before then. It looks like a progressive deterioration.
(06-10-2024, 09:04 PM)KKLoco Wrote:  

QUESTION ... The members list there since June 2 has all the new accounts last activity being in 1969.  Does this mean there is a glitch and all new accounts are screwed up and people can't post from them?

That would explain why it's been so quiet for the past week and a half.  The serial returnee trolls haven't been able to get through.
Don't be a useful idiot.  Deny Ignorance.
DEI = Division, Exclusion, and Incompetence