deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Julian Assange to be released from jail
(06-26-2024, 05:27 PM)LogicalGraffiti Wrote: But Julian wasn’t assassinated. Since you’re making this about Trump, I’ll follow by saying that Trump stopped the CIA from killing him!

No evidence exists for the claim you made.

In fact it looks like you try to apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the Trump administration and the then CIA director Mike Pompeo.

The truth is that they were thinking of kidnapping him or even assassinating him.

The Guardian didn't claim it happened. It gives a historical account of things that DID happen.

I will say again how easily for people is to be mislead by fascists like Pompeo, Trump, and co. Shame on them for once more.

Editing: Even if what you said was true it's not making Trump's position any better! Think about it!
They decided to kidanapp him and assassinate him but finally Trump and his 'colleagues' postponed the operation. How humane and charitable!
(06-26-2024, 06:41 PM)Notran Wrote: No evidence exists for the claim you made.

In fact it looks like you try to apologise for the disgraceful behaviour of the Trump administration and the then CIA director Mike Pompeo.

The truth is that they were thinking of kidnapping him or even assassinating him.

The Guardian didn't claim it happened. It gives a historical account of things that DID happen.

I will say again how easily for people is to be mislead by fascists like Pompeo, Trump, and co. Shame on them for once more.

Editing: Even if what you said was true it's not making Trump's position any better! Think about it!
They decided to kidanapp him and assassinate him but finally Trump and his 'colleagues' postponed the operation. How humane and charitable!

I will counter you on the point that Trump wanted him kidnapped or killed.  You really don't know that.

Part of the CIA's function (along with the Department of Defense in general) is to plan for all contingencies.  Of course they drafted up numerous possible things they could do about the Wikileaks "threat."  That is what they do.  The have planned many (MANY) things that are abhorrent to many people.  Even to the extent of discussing doing things which are entirely prohibited - legally and morally.  In that regard, ALL major governments do this.  They think it "necessary" to practice that kind of "readiness."

Whether and how Trump was briefed about this, and what his personal intentions were, are two very different things.

I'll grant that you may regard President Trump with immense disdain, that is your right.  But it is also the right of anyone else to judge that at face value, as a personal opinion.

It might serve you to resort the the perennial activist's methods proclaiming "you're apologizing for him/them/it" as a means to delegitimize any future attention to the fact that you are making pure supposition.  But that is not an argument.  That is an accusation.

Ironically, I am not unpersuaded of the larger implications of the observation that the CIA (or more likely the FBI) actually made the effort to leak this to the press.  That had  a purpose which I will leave to interested readers to discern on their own.  

I believe there is a lot of shame to go around...

After all, Mr. Assange had to agree to purge the WikiLeaks data set, specifically, of all records of the Democrat E-mail messages... over a hundred thousand of them... an interesting 'condition' to impose on his release.  I suggest that it points to a more narrow motive for the crafters of his situation.

I don't expect you would agree, and of course, that is your right.
(06-24-2024, 07:21 PM)Notran Wrote: https://www.nytimes.com/2024/06/24/us/po...-plea.html

About time!

He should have never been arrested, detained, and finally imprisoned, thanks to the disgraceful British Government and authorities in Britain which fully cooperated with the US demands.

Not to forget, shame on Sweden for trying their best to bring fabricated charges against him on grounds of alleged rape, alleged sexual molestation, alleged unlawful coercion.

A political and ideological persecution of one person who has exposed the US for its wrongdoings. Bravo to Julian Assagne and his colleagues!

Reminder that Julian Assange was a Russian asset who cooperated with Russian Intelligence

He published data that was coming from Russian GRU intelligence officer ( Guccifer ) which was illegally stolen . He caused severe risk to many poeple by publishing their identity.

Vatnin Soup Julian Assange

Opinion The Mueller report confirms it: Assange is not a whistleblower or a journalist

Russia, Assange and WikiLeaks: 1998-2023

Julian Assange: Journalist, or Russian Asset?
(06-27-2024, 02:12 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Reminder that Julian Assange was a Russian asset who cooperated with Russian Intelligence

He published data that was coming from Russian GRU intelligence officer ( Guccifer ) which was illegally stolen . He caused severe risk to many poeple by publishing their identity.

Vatnin Soup Julian Assange

Opinion The Mueller report confirms it: Assange is not a whistleblower or a journalist

Russia, Assange and WikiLeaks: 1998-2023

Julian Assange: Journalist, or Russian Asset?

Julian Assagne is a journalist and an activist.

He isn't a Russian asset (whatever this means) and not related to Putin and the regime in Russia.

He isn't an American citizen and the laws of the US don't apply to him or to anyone who isn't an American citizen.

It doesn't matter how the information was obtained as he is a journalist and he he has the obligation to publish the relevant information for the whole world to see the war crimes committed by the US.

(06-26-2024, 11:27 PM)Maxmars Wrote: I will counter you on the point that Trump wanted him kidnapped or killed.  You really don't know that.

Part of the CIA's function (along with the Department of Defense in general) is to plan for all contingencies.  Of course they drafted up numerous possible things they could do about the Wikileaks "threat."  That is what they do.  The have planned many (MANY) things that are abhorrent to many people.  Even to the extent of discussing doing things which are entirely prohibited - legally and morally.  In that regard, ALL major governments do this.  They think it "necessary" to practice that kind of "readiness."

Whether and how Trump was briefed about this, and what his personal intentions were, are two very different things.

I'll grant that you may regard President Trump with immense disdain, that is your right.  But it is also the right of anyone else to judge that at face value, as a personal opinion.

It might serve you to resort the the perennial activist's methods proclaiming "you're apologizing for him/them/it" as a means to delegitimize any future attention to the fact that you are making pure supposition.  But that is not an argument.  That is an accusation.

Ironically, I am not unpersuaded of the larger implications of the observation that the CIA (or more likely the FBI) actually made the effort to leak this to the press.  That had  a purpose which I will leave to interested readers to discern on their own.  

I believe there is a lot of shame to go around...

After all, Mr. Assange had to agree to purge the WikiLeaks data set, specifically, of all records of the Democrat E-mail messages... over a hundred thousand of them... an interesting 'condition' to impose on his release.  I suggest that it points to a more narrow motive for the crafters of his situation.

I don't expect you would agree, and of course, that is your right.

I would say the way Guardian has put it (the article is over two years old), is correct.
Everything happened under Trump and his administration. They were seriously thinking of kidnapping him or even killing him. That speaks volumes on how the deep state operates showing complete disregard for international law, laws in general, ethics and mortality. The Guardian didn't go ahead to say who saaid what and why the operation didn't go ahead. We know Trump and Pompeo (and the current administration) are part of the deep state, are immoral with twisted criminal minds.

Julian Assagne has had more offers to escape prison but he did stick to his principles and only after his family pushed him accepted the latest offer so he could reunite with his family.

Shame on the US and the UK (and Sweden for the fake rape accusations that collapsed).

You may want to watch the testimony of Dr Varoufakis who is a personal friend of Mr Assagne and I believe served as an elected politician in the European and Greek Parliaments.
(06-27-2024, 04:11 AM)Notran Wrote: Julian Assagne is a journalist and an activist.

He isn't a Russian asset (whatever this means) and not related to Putin and the regime in Russia.

He isn't an American citizen and the laws of the US don't apply to him or to anyone who isn't an American citizen.

It doesn't matter how the information was obtained as he is a journalist and he he has the obligation to publish the relevant information for the whole world to see the war crimes committed by the US.

I would say the way Guardian has put it (the article is over two years old), is correct.
Everything happened under Trump and his administration. They were seriously thinking of kidnapping him or even killing him. That speaks volumes on how the deep state operates showing complete disregard for international law, laws in general, ethics and mortality. The Guardian didn't go ahead to say who saaid what and why the operation didn't go ahead. We know Trump and Pompeo (and the current administration) are part of the deep state, are immoral with twisted criminal minds.

Julian Assagne has had more offers to escape prison but he did stick to his principles and only after his family pushed him accepted the latest offer so he could reunite with his family.

Shame on the US and the UK (and Sweden for the fake rape accusations that collapsed).

You may want to watch the testimony of Dr Varoufakis who is a personal friend of Mr Assagne and I believe served as an elected politician in the European and Greek Parliaments.

Julian Assagne is not a journalist .

Sounds like ATS Russophiles are getting activated in DI .....

If this place is becoming like ATS , a kremlin echo chamber i am out . I dont want to waste my time with idiots.
Adding insult to the injury!

Julian Assagne has to pay the cost of his charter flight a total of $520,000! to the Australian Government

How disgraceful...

He must sue the US and UK/Swedish Governments for hundreds of millions of dollars, for false accusations, false improvement, mental and psychological torture, threats, assassination plans, and so on.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/world/wikil...er-freedom

(06-28-2024, 08:06 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Julian Assagne is not a journalist .

Sounds like ATS Russophiles are getting activated in DI .....

If this place is becoming like ATS , a kremlin echo chamber i am out . I dont want to waste my time with idiots.

Julian Assagne is a journalist and an activist.
Everyone knows it.

Perhaps you can offer another view on what is his real profession but you will need much more than your false opinion.

I don't know why you relate Assagne to Russia and argue he is an asset for them. You can replace Russia for China and North Korea and make similar claims but they have no merits. You are the only one on this thread and elsewhere I ve looked online who has said he is a Russian asset.

Someone who exposes the US for committing war crimes is by no means a Russian, Chinese or North Korean asset.

He accepted to plead guilty as an exchange for his freedom for a crime he has never committed.

If you think by supporting Assagne and freedom of speech is Russophilia you are very confused I am afraid.

What happens on ATS is another conversation.
I am sure you will characterise the majority of members there as Russophiles. Everyone supports Assagne's release and everyone in all sites I am aware of has condemned the US and the UK for trying to destroy his life.
Again , Julian Assagne is not a journalist .

Dumping documents—some of them classified—onto a website does not make anyone a journalist.
He gave stolen U.S. intelligence to al-Qaida, the Taliban, China, Iran and other adversaries via a website.

People died because that SOB .He should rotten in prison .

Assange is litmus test to see who really can think . Many call him hero , many support him and Wikileaks . It`s the sad reality that someone like Assange can deceive so many . He`s motive was allways to wanting to be anti-American , hurt America .....while same time he did not want to really publish sensitive data about Russia , Syria etc...

Russian asset, yes ....no doubt about it.

Julian Assange Is Not a Journalist

Marc Thiessen: Julian Assange is a spy -- WikiLeaks is not journalism

No, Julian Assange is not a journalist

Why WikiLeaks's Julian Assange Isn't a Journalist
(06-28-2024, 11:30 AM)Kenzo Wrote: Again , Julian Assagne is not a journalist .

Dumping documents—some of them classified—onto a website does not make anyone a journalist.
He gave stolen U.S. intelligence to al-Qaida, the Taliban, China, Iran and other adversaries via a website.

People died because that SOB .He should rotten in prison .

Assange is litmus test to see who really can think . Many call him hero , many support him and Wikileaks . It`s the sad reality that someone like Assange can deceive so many . He`s motive was allways to wanting to be anti-American , hurt America .....while same time he did not want to really publish sensitive data about Russia , Syria etc...

Russian asset, yes ....no doubt about it.

Marc Thiessen: Julian Assange is a spy -- WikiLeaks is not journalism

No, Julian Assange is not a journalist

Why WikiLeaks's Julian Assange Isn't a Journalist

You are entitled to your opinion.

Sadly your claims are not supported by any evidence other than your personal opinion and the opinions of a few authors of the articles you linked.

Julian Assagne and his colleagues exposed the war crimes committed by the United States and that's why he has been persecuted and jailed without committing any crimes himself.

If you find what Assagne did antiamerican that's your own problem. You have stretched the definition of antiamericanism to infinity.

You need facts and not personal opinion but I am glad there is nobody here or on other platforms who supports your assertions. From the ones I am familiar with.
The key problem with the Wikileaks fiasco is the identity of Julian Assange being 'used' by the authorities to deflect the actual information the site accumulated.

Wanting to rely on the protections afforded "journalists" by principles we all had 'cherished' as part of the 'service' we wanted to believe in, Assange's allies 'went there' offering the notion that he was "a journalist."  But in fact, he was not.  He gravitated towards an "activist" conduct, not a 'reporter' of facts.  (But then, how is that different from "journalists" today?)

Inference, implication, and supposition accompanied much of his utterances.  Even if he is correct in such things, that alone does not make one a "journalist."

On the flip-side of that was the fact that essentially, he was a 'whistleblower' who could not be controlled or mitigated by those same authorities.  Hence their ridiculous over-the-top reactions to the exposition of their secrets (I mean kidnapping, murder, really?) 

People thought that this was damaging exposition, and it was, but not to national security, not to military 'safety' (if such a thing exists,) but instead the threat was largely political, it clearly reflected the cabalistic constructs 'within' the governments... you know, the one's they like to pretend don't exist.  There was a lot of graft and 'influence-peddling technique' exposed in those emails, and worse for some, it showed a potential chain of command that extended from beyond our borders.  Embarrassing to say the least for those who must posture as patriotic, while taking their marching orders from private and corporate concerns.

But Assange is no innocent... he knew full-well that the authorities had placed legal roadblocks to any 'discovery' which would threaten the establishments 'façade.'  That the act of actually 'having' this information was, in and of itself, 'a crime,' (at least, in their courts.)  His persecution by them was not 'surprising' in any way... his utter abandonment by his own government, and his treatment by European 'press' was the surprising part.

Rather than attend to the crimes and malfeasance exposed, the "cabal" spent nearly all of their influence in the press worldwide to create a criminal out of an activist.

That made Assange a martyr... a terrible outcome for them.  Assange, perhaps banking on more meaningful support, suffered terribly by being ultimately 'disengaged' from life... and more that no doubt we will shortly see in the "of course" upcoming "book" or "project" to follow. 

Presumably, the specific details of his negotiated freedom might never be fully revealed (who's to say what is agreed upon behind closed doors.)  But I bet anything that no more 'exposition' of the internal workings of a party, cabal, or 'organizations' will ever be revealed.  I believe that was the entire point of the government's apoplexy triggered by the potential exposure.

The Military Industrial Complex, and nearly all of it's allies are crying foul, this is no surprise either.  But I expect it's nearly all "noise."  Part of "appearances."  Something which has become a normal component of the status quo.

Isolating Assange inhumanely wasn't a smart solution.

Those idiots in government who conceived of leaking the "assassination" or "kidnapping" story should be fired.  Apparently they thought that people won't believe that the CIA does this for every "antagonist" they identify... they nearly always have... even though it's ben shown to be true again and again.  Because they believed in the cloister's anti-mantra "People are stupid."  It was like handing the antagonists a 'bone' to chew... as long as it's only about Assange.

All I can say is that somewhere, in the body of data that Assange obtained, was something that angered a very powerful cabal...  powerful enough to orchestrate the hyper-drama the media fed us for years over this matter.  But never a word about the substance of the content.  That information about the conduct and behavior of our officially-appointed public representatives was 'stolen' therefore their malfeasance and bad behaviors, are "safe."  A license to abuse built-in their political service... go figure - who would have ever guessed they'd fight so hard to protect...
This whole thread is living proof that DI is such a low quality place i dont want to be involved anymore . Assange was accomplice of Russian Intelligence .

Good bye.