deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reading '1984' Makes You An Extremist?
(06-12-2024, 01:54 AM)Karl12 Wrote: Following warnings from Orwell about this group it now looks like reading his book '1984' could well get you labelled an 'extremist' by the British Government.

Not only Orwell but also authors such as Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, Conrad, Huxley, Shakespeare etc.

No idea what problem they've got with Tolkien, C.S. Lewis etc. but considering Orwell and Huxley were specifically warning about the horrors of totalitarian dictatorships then do find all this rather 'ironic'.

[Video: https://youtu.be/9k_ptxWsadI]

Beer

I'd say reading The Turner Diaries and renting a Ryder truck makes you an extremist. Even Nietzsche, when they don't quite get it, invent some sociopathic master morality, and move to Death Valley.

Their gonna do that, though. I think I know why. It happens here with warnings over MAGA. The dastardly overly law-abidding extremists they are.

It's because it goes into what has been deemed a destructive conspiracy. The NWO/Woke/WEF/marxist one. Popular reading to "falsely" compare to your political opposition and be polarized further by it. It's a bad influence! It's become a meme within communities that have tendency to do Ruby Ridge things. 1984 is a repeated anti-left motif.

Not so much the book itself, but way the books are used.

It's hard to dance around the Catch-22 they put themselves in, if they're not really being called out, they've still made it appear that way by flagging the books used to call them out.

At best they still feed into the dystopic nightmare.
[Image: 6qxPamS.jpeg]