deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help Me Find My Husbands Killer
Hi DI family, I need to ask for some help. This is really important to me.

At approximately 7:30am on Saturday May 18, 2024 my husband (I say husband but, technically we were engaged for 13 years) was killed in a double hit and run motorcycle accident in Lincoln Heights near downtown Los Angeles while on his way to work.  A white F150 ran a red light on the corner of Broadway and Ave 20 as Manny was driving through the intersection. It knocked him off his bike and into traffic where a delivery truck ran him over.  Both vehicles fled the scene. The police have since found the driver of the delivery truck, but the driver of the F150 is still outstanding.

Manny was only 49 and would have been 50 on June 1[sup]st[/sup]. We had been planning to take a cruise to celebrate the big five-O and instead I found myself planning his funeral.  He was a good man and a pillar in the community. As a licensed MFT with an MA in psychology from Pepperdine University, he helped so many people and touched so many lives for the better throughout his life and career. He was also an avid Harley Davidson rider. He didn’t deserve this.

At this point, it feels like the investigation is losing steam. We need to put pressure on the city of LA to do everything they can to find this person and bring them to justice. I feel the best way to do that is to rally a large community of voices to bring attention to this crime and keep it in the public eye. THERE IS POWER IN NUMBERS – especially when those numbers use their combined voices and demand to be heard!

To that end, I've been working literally around the clock to create a network of social media pages and a website dedicated to being #MannysVoiceForJustice

I'm hoping you will do me a favor and add your voice to help amplify our message.  It doesn't matter if you knew Manny. It doesn't matter if you don't live in Los Angeles. This is about numbers and showing the PTB that this crime will not be swept under the rug and forgotten.  If you can spare a moment, please go to the link below.  There you'll find link to all our social media pages. We currently have pages on FB, Instagram and Twitter/X. I'll be sharing updates and messages on all of them regularly.  Please follow those pages and like, share and tag all of their posts.  Encourage others to do that same.  

Also, if any of you are part of the internet sleuth community and have any recommendations for finding the truck in question, I am open to suggestions. The website I’ve linked to has information about the accident, photos of the F150, news reports and some beautiful tributes from Manny's clients and loved ones. 

Manny’s Voice For Justice

Thank you for taking time to read this and thank you for your help. 
Velvet
any more information about the f150? police suck at identifying cars, my circle is full of car enthusiasts depending on the information and media available we may be able to narrow it down to a specific year / trim level / etc. 

i followed your ig page too. hope you get closure soon.
I leave this and hope God can see my heart is pure...
Is Heaven just another door? ?
(07-01-2024, 05:59 PM)Sakiale Wrote: any more information about the f150? police suck at identifying cars, my circle is full of car enthusiasts depending on the information and media available we may be able to narrow it down to a specific year / trim level / etc. 

i followed your ig page too. hope you get closure soon.

Thank you so much for the follow.  It's greatly appreciated. 

Not a whole lot of info on the F150. We have a photo but it's poor quality. I'll post below.  I think it's somewhere around 2017-2020 in year but I'm not that good with cars when it comes to that sort of thing.  If you want to put it out to your circle of car enthusiasts and see what they have to say that would be great. I can't tell if the bumper is black or chrome and it's just in shadow. Looks like the truck bed might have been painted white at some time.  

The police haven't said much.  The last I heard they have a lot of video on the truck from where he got off the freeway to where he got back on but I was told they didn't even have a partial plate because the driver was going so fast .  

Here's the picture we have.  It's on the website too.  
Let me know if you're able to narrow down the year or have any opinion on the trim.

[Image: aQCQeqA.jpg]
That's fucking terrible. I'm sorry to hear that. I'll try to help.

My thoughts.

It looks like the type of truck used to collect furniture and driven to Mexico honestly.

Either that or a landscapers truck without tools loaded up. But more likely a "hauling" truck. The type hired in home depot parking lots.

Though I may be jumping to conclusions, this is DISGUSTINGLY an all-to-typical move of the undocumented and Baja plates after wrecks. Not a stereotype. They flee the scene more than others. And Los Angeles birthed the stereotype of the Mexican work truck.

Queue in on the San Ysidro border crossings in the hours following the incident?
[Image: 6qxPamS.jpeg]
(07-01-2024, 08:13 PM)IdeomotorPrisoner Wrote: My thoughts.

It looks like the type of truck used to collect furniture and driven to Mexico honestly.

It certainly could be.  Although, I'd be more inclined to say it's a painter's truck.  You can see someone painted the bed liner white and I've been told that the rack is similar to what a lot of painters use.  

There's a Home Depot close by that area, but it seems to me that  F150's aren't cheap trucks. Even a used 2017 mode I think is going to cost some money.  More often you'll see the Toyota Tacomas and the Ford Rangers hauling scrap and furniture and that kind of stuff. I did go by the Home Depot  quite a few times after the accident and one thing I noticed was that they had the area where the workers usually park sand bagged off for some reason.  They only recently opened it up again so there were considerably less people hanging out at the time.  Not sure how long that had been going on before the accident .  

Just out of curiosity though, how would one go about checking the queues at the border crossings?  Is there publicly available footage somewhere?
I don't see an intersection of avenue 20 and broadway in Los Angeles, CA 90031. Can you show me on a map where this happened so I can get a better idea of the area?

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes."
(07-01-2024, 10:20 PM)broccoli Wrote: I don't see an intersection of avenue 20 and broadway in Los Angeles, CA 90031. Can you show me on a map where this happened so I can get a better idea of the area?

Google Maps

Manny was traveling North on S. Ave 20. He had a green light and was going through the intersection. There was also a delivery truck on S. Ave 20 going the opposite direction. That truck was in the intersection waiting to make a left onto Broadway. The F150 was traveling west on Broadway towards down town Los Angeles he had a red light but ran it as Manny was coming through the intersection. The  F150 made a hard right onto S.Ave 20 and kept going. Manny was knocked off his bike by the F150.and for some reason the delivery truck driver continued to make his Left turn instead of stopping. He ran over Manny. (That driver later told the police when they tracked him down that  he saw the accident and knew the rider was down.) He kept going anyway.

This was all so.senseless and preventable. I just can't wrap my mind around it.
There's an Alliance Susan & Eric Smidt Technology High School on that intersection with possible cameras facing the direction of the turning vehicle.

211 S Ave 20, Los Angeles, CA 90031

I'll keep looking for possible road facing ATM's

(07-01-2024, 10:55 PM)broccoli Wrote: There's an Alliance Susan & Eric Smidt Technology High School on that intersection with possible cameras facing the direction of the turning vehicle.

211 S Ave 20, Los Angeles, CA 90031

I'll keep looking for possible ATM's

Yes I'm aware. The police already have that footage and some others as well. Unfortunately the truck was going too fast to get the plates.
(07-01-2024, 11:00 PM)Velvet Elvis Wrote: Yes I'm aware. The police already have that footage and some others as well. Unfortunately the truck was going too fast to get the plates.

Then it sounds like they are doing all anyone really can. We will spread the word and keep an eye out! I hope they are caught soon, I hope it wasn't some panicking kid. If you get any clearer footage please provide it so we can better assist you. Much love, we're here if you need to talk.