deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help Me Find My Husbands Killer
I am so sorry for your loss, you have my deepest condolences.

I am a little taken aback by the tale of not one, but two separate "hit and run" drivers in the same accident.  I would have thought the police would be more diligently focused on such a crime... especially when there is loss of life.  I pray for resolution for you.  Nothing can make it right, but I understand your seeking closure.

There is little I can say that I will bring you some comfort, but if there were, and I knew it, I promise I would say it.

Manny seemed like a good person, aligned with kindness and light.  I hope that can remain within you...
definitely a 12th gen ('09-'14) F150 Supercab XL. 

also, the beds came painted. 

my first thought was '09 but it seems like there's really no way to tell from the outside. but it's definitely a 12th gen, only one where the tailgate and taillights match. and definitely a supercab with the way the door handle & window are positioned relative to the cab which is bigger than a regular cab, and has the base model (XL) work truck trim and wheels. hope this helps.
I leave this and hope God can see my heart is pure...
Is Heaven just another door? ?
(07-02-2024, 11:52 AM)Sakiale Wrote: definitely a 12th gen ('09-'14) F150 Supercab XL. 

also, the beds came painted. 

my first thought was '09 but it seems like there's really no way to tell from the outside. but it's definitely a 12th gen, only one where the tailgate and taillights match. and definitely a supercab with the way the door handle & window are positioned relative to the cab which is bigger than a regular cab, and has the base model (XL) work truck trim and wheels. hope this helps.

wow! yes that's very he;;pful  thank you!
no problem, im in orange county but ill keep an eye out, please update here with any new information that may help too. hope justice is served although.. we do live in gasconland...

a little late and im not sure how long home security camera footage is accessible, but if you know he turned onto ave 20 i would try canvassing the area and knocking on the doors of homes with ring doorbells or security cameras, hopefully one of them was able to get a view of the plate or at least more identifying features on the truck.
(07-01-2024, 10:46 PM)Velvet Elvis Wrote: Google Maps

Manny was traveling North on S. Ave 20. He had a green light and was going through the intersection. There was also a delivery truck on S. Ave 20 going the opposite direction. That truck was in the intersection waiting to make a left onto Broadway. The F150 was traveling west on Broadway towards down town Los Angeles he had a red light but ran it as Manny was coming through the intersection. The  F150 made a hard right onto S.Ave 20 and kept going. Manny was knocked off his bike by the F150.and for some reason the delivery truck driver continued to make his Left turn instead of stopping. He ran over Manny. (That driver later told the police when they tracked him down that  he saw the accident and knew the rider was down.) He kept going anyway.

This was all so.senseless and preventable. I just can't wrap my mind around it.

I am so sorry to read this.  What a devastating thing to happen.

Not to excuse the driver, but I've seen something similar... the hoods of the trucks are so high off the ground that you can't see what's in front of the truck.  The one I saw was where a man hit a short (around 5' tall) woman who had stepped off the curb to walk across the street (he stopped and was quite traumatized.  She was bruised.  I called the cops; others stayed with her and I talked to the driver, who was in tears and sick to his stomach.)

I hope you find the driver of the 150 soon.

And I agree, sounds like a painter's truck.
(07-02-2024, 05:58 PM)Sakiale Wrote: no problem, im in orange county but ill keep an eye out, please update here with any new information that may help too. hope justice is served although.. we do live in gasconland...

a little late and im not sure how long home security camera footage is accessible, but if you know he turned onto ave 20 i would try canvassing the area and knocking on the doors of homes with ring doorbells or security cameras, hopefully one of them was able to get a view of the plate or at least more identifying features on the truck.

Ave 20 is mostly industrial so no homes or ATMs. I don't think he stayed on Ave 20 very long either.  there's a freeway entrance a block away and the police said he went back on. 

I will definitely post any updates.
ah ok, im not intimately familiar with highland park so i thought it was one of the residential streets. i wonder if theres any sort of cameras on the freeways around here yet...