deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello
(05-22-2024, 03:16 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Got an account set up.  Was having some issues the other day getting registered, but got them corrected.

I guess now I'll go try to figure out how to do an avatar.  I wonder, is there any way to transfer my avatar from ATS?  I like that avatar a lot.

At any rate, hope you all are well.

FCD

I fixed ya up.
[Image: marx.png]
(05-25-2024, 07:46 AM)TSK Wrote: I fixed ya up.

I see that!  Thanks!!

Looks great!
Very cool! Somewhat reminds me of Stephen King’s Dark Tower.!

Tecate
If it’s hot, wet and sticky and it’s not yours, don’t touch it!
(05-25-2024, 09:57 AM)Tecate Wrote: Very cool! Somewhat reminds me of Stephen King’s Dark Tower.!

Tecate

I'm not sure where it's from, honestly.  I didn't create it, someone else on ATS did, based on my requirements.  It took some weeks to get it just right, and it's actually quite a long image vertically, so it takes a really long post to see it all.  There's more stuff going on down below than what you can see here.  The image is a composite image made from several different sources.  The guy who created it was a real wizard at creating these things.  The theme was a lone survivor in a post-apocalyptic desert like environment.  It was meant to evoke a question in the mind...sort of like 'where to go from here?' which was/is a rough, though somewhat exaggerated, question we face as a people today.  I wanted it to have an almost old west sort of appeal to it as well, so as to bridge the time spans between the past and the present, and looking to the future.

The guy who put it all together was a really talented guy.  I thought the bird was a nice touch (that was his idea), it gives the image an air of hope.

Edit - I went and looked at one of my other posts (here) and the image TSK created for me (which I very much appreciate) is just the part you see.  It doesn't scale out longer as the post size increases.  I'm not sure how all that scaling stuff works, so I had zero understanding in how to create it.  It has to do with some 'invisible mask' you have to create first, and then the image gets overlain on this invisible mask.  The image itself is longer than the mask, so only the part you see shows in a short post, but in a longer post the image actually becomes longer and you see more of what's below.  I am just very thankful TSK was able to create what he did for me, and I think it looks great!
(05-25-2024, 12:14 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: I'm not sure where it's from, honestly.  I didn't create it, someone else on ATS did, based on my requirements.  It took some weeks to get it just right, and it's actually quite a long image vertically, so it takes a really long post to see it all.  There's more stuff going on down below than what you can see here.  The image is a composite image made from several different sources.  The guy who created it was a real wizard at creating these things.  The theme was a lone survivor in a post-apocalyptic desert like environment.  It was meant to evoke a question in the mind...sort of like 'where to go from here?' which was/is a rough, though somewhat exaggerated, question we face as a people today.  I wanted it to have an almost old west sort of appeal to it as well, so as to bridge the time spans between the past and the present, and looking to the future.

The guy who put it all together was a really talented guy.  I thought the bird was a nice touch (that was his idea), it gives the image an air of hope.

Edit - I went and looked at one of my other posts (here) and the image TSK created for me (which I very much appreciate) is just the part you see.  It doesn't scale out longer as the post size increases.  I'm not sure how all that scaling stuff works, so I had zero understanding in how to create it.  It has to do with some 'invisible mask' you have to create first, and then the image gets overlain on this invisible mask.  The image itself is longer than the mask, so only the part you see shows in a short post, but in a longer post the image actually becomes longer and you see more of what's below.  I am just very thankful TSK was able to create what he did for me, and I think it looks great!

It's the same image from ATS. I didn't have to edit it at all. 200px width is perfect here. However, the mini profiles here have a max height and wont continue to extend with the post size like ATS.
[Image: marx.png]
(05-25-2024, 03:55 PM)TSK Wrote: It's the same image from ATS. I didn't have to edit it at all. 200px width is perfect here. However, the mini profiles here have a max height and wont continue to extend with the post size like ATS.

Understood and Thanks!
Hello FCD, glad to see you here!
In tune
(05-22-2024, 03:16 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: Got an account set up.  Was having some issues the other day getting registered, but got them corrected.

I guess now I'll go try to figure out how to do an avatar.  I wonder, is there any way to transfer my avatar from ATS?  I like that avatar a lot.

At any rate, hope you all are well.

FCD

Dude! I LOVE your Avatar!!! great Job!!!! LOL 5 starrs
(05-26-2024, 05:49 PM)Komodo Wrote: Dude! I LOVE your Avatar!!! great Job!!!! LOL 5 starrs

Well, truth be told, it's not mine, someone made it for me, but it is mine only in the context that it was created to my requirements, but I didn't do the artwork.  As far as DI is concerned, TSK was nice enough to capture most of my avatar from ATS where it was originally created, and I love it still.

So, thanks for the props on the avatar, but I can't take credit for its creation. (only my ideas).
(05-25-2024, 12:14 PM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: I'm not sure where it's from, honestly.  I didn't create it, someone else on ATS did, based on my requirements.  It took some weeks to get it just right, and it's actually quite a long image vertically, so it takes a really long post to see it all.  There's more stuff going on down below than what you can see here.  The image is a composite image made from several different sources.  The guy who created it was a real wizard at creating these things.  The theme was a lone survivor in a post-apocalyptic desert like environment.  It was meant to evoke a question in the mind...sort of like 'where to go from here?' which was/is a rough, though somewhat exaggerated, question we face as a people today.  I wanted it to have an almost old west sort of appeal to it as well, so as to bridge the time spans between the past and the present, and looking to the future.

I was pretty sure it was Roland from the Gunslinger/Dark Tower all these years and it is

“THE MAN IN BLACK FLED ACROSS THE DESERT, AND THE GUNSLINGER FOLLOWED. 

[Image: Suntup-SK-art-prints_Viking_SS_Gunslinge...1573672151]
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart