deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Final countdown
(04-25-2024, 10:59 PM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: Would you really think of doing that to the mods there? Shocked

No I wouldn't, I was only joking m'dear.

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully.
(04-26-2024, 08:54 AM)Nerb Wrote: No I wouldn't, I was only joking m'dear.

[Image: ats2508_cheers.gif]
Does anyone here have any for sure knowledge that ATS will be going down?  Did the owners make some kind of agreement to give it up to get tax breaks from the government to cover their losses?  Did the present owners actually buy ATS with money from some big corporation that wanted it to close?  I mean, I want a conspiracy...seems like a lot of info going through ATS over the last decade was reality, not conspiracy theories...that could be a threat to those who want to control what people know.  When I started there, there were more conspiracy theories than there are now, now people are exposing deceptions so there might be a conspiracy there.  I would hate to think the present owners lost a lot of money from buying the site.
(04-23-2024, 06:43 AM)pianopraze Wrote: It’s the final countdown….  Thumbdown Thumbdown Thumbdown

​​​​​​​[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jK-NcRmVcw]

look down  Thumbdown ​​​​​​​ Thumbdown ​​​​​​​ Thumbdown

TSK, TSK…

Lol ​​​​​​​ Lol ​​​​​​​ Lol

29:16:16 as of this post.
*sob*

Really need a jokes and humor forum.

I hate myself for liking that song as much as I do. It reminds me of Gob from Arrested Development.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
(04-27-2024, 09:49 PM)rickymouse Wrote: [Image: http://www.quickmeme.com/img/2f/2f3df4a1...05a420.jpg]Does anyone here have any for sure knowledge that ATS will be going down?  Did the owners make some kind of agreement to give it up to get tax breaks from the government to cover their losses?  Did the present owners actually buy ATS with money from some big corporation that wanted it to close?  I mean, I want a conspiracy...seems like a lot of info going through ATS over the last decade was reality, not conspiracy theories...that could be a threat to those who want to control what people know.  When I started there, there were more conspiracy theories than there are now, now people are exposing deceptions so there might be a conspiracy there.  I would hate to think the present owners lost a lot of money from buying the site.

Only the owner(s) can say for certain.  The disengagement is palpable.  I am of the opinion it is definitely not about the community... and probably not really about "ATS" per se... 

..as for the rest... I remember that which matters most, DI...

[Image: we-are-still-here-morpheus.gif]

Semper Fidelis
(04-27-2024, 10:26 PM)TSK Wrote: I hate myself for liking that song as much as I do. It reminds me of Gob from Arrested Development.

One of the first songs I learned to play on synth.

Along with this one:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dmDW03Y8ek]
(04-27-2024, 09:49 PM)rickymouse Wrote: Did the owners make some kind of agreement to give it up to get tax breaks from the government to cover their losses?  Did the present owners actually buy ATS with money from some big corporation that wanted it to close?

If any of those theories were true ATS would have closed last time the clock ran out instead of coming back at the last minute to pay the bills and then do absolutely nothing to sort out the mess they had caused.

Interesting that the motto of "Deny Ignorance" cannot be found on the site any more, the "Lou Troglodyte" banner is still up and the banner selling survival packs is also still around.

I think the current owner(s) just bought what they thought was a cash cow, realised it wasn't and then ignored it so long it fell into irreparable disarray.

I hope all the Mods get to do what they do so well in a more appreciative environment if the site goes down for good.

And I also Love the song "The Final Countdown". It reminds me of a superb year for Metal and Rock music. There was some incredible energy in the air that year and the memories of the parties we had with my first attempt of "homegrown" are still legendary.

Rock On The Metalheads. [Image: ats2485_banana.gif]

(04-28-2024, 11:24 AM)Nerb Wrote: I think the current owner(s) just bought what they thought was a cash cow, realised it wasn't and then ignored it so long it fell into irreparable disarray.

I hope all the Mods get to do what they do so well in a more appreciative environment if the site goes down for good.

And I also Love the song "The Final Countdown". It reminds me of a superb year for Metal and Rock music. There was some incredible energy in the air that year and the memories of the parties we had with my first attempt of "homegrown" are still legendary.

Rock On The Metalheads. [Image: https://denyignorance.com/images/ogemoji...banana.gif]

Guilty. My hair was down to my butt in high school.

ATS is crumbling, database wise, from some mod posts I read.  They have no way to fix anything.

…so even if the fees get paid it will go down eventually as they have no way to contact the owner to get it fixed… i’m sure there are some mods around here that can explain it much better…

this was the first song I learned by ear on a tiny one octave Casio:
[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMbSyGtJQAo]
I’m playing the whole song from sheet music here, of course  Beer

24:09:51
I seldom make predictions but in this case, I'll just say that I don't think ATS will die due to technical reasons.  That is, I think the renewals for the site domain and server are very likely on autopilot.  Owner apathy will be what kills it in the end once our dedicated mods stop keeping the content safe.  I see a repeat of October '23 coming.  I'm spending more time here lately.
(04-28-2024, 04:29 PM)LogicalGraffiti Wrote: I seldom make predictions but in this case, I'll just say that I don't think ATS will die due to technical reasons.  That is, I think the renewals for the site domain and server are very likely on autopilot.  Owner apathy will be what kills it in the end once our dedicated mods stop keeping the content safe.  I see a repeat of October '23 coming.  I'm spending more time here lately.

"Autopilot" is no good for those in the hot seats with no buttons to guide the ship.

The sadest thing I think must be the frustration the mods there are feeling, knowing that everything they do goes unrewarded by and unrecognised by the new owner(s).

I also think Bill has a lot to answer for to sell the place like that without assuring some kind of standard and etiquette were in place for it's future.

Maybe ATS was sold to a company who wished to use A.I. for experimentation. Perhaps it was for the purpose of using and coding bots. There was a huge influx of new accounts after the last shutdown and not just from locked accounts and many noobs.

Ho Hum, we'll see what happens to that whole ball of wax soon eh?