deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Final countdown
SMH.
My brain knows this is the new home, yet I still pathologically swing by ATS. Had no idea I'd react this way. Have found myself having mini-hissy fits cause I miss all the old members who've left or passed away, just want things back the way they used to be. 
Completely irrational.
Blindsided me out of the blue. 

Still thankful for this site an grateful to whoever set it up.
(04-28-2024, 06:07 PM)Nerb Wrote: I also think Bill has a lot to answer for...

Seriously? PISS OFF!

https://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thr...id27364101

The vast majority of entitled members enjoying the robust suite of free custom discussion tools had a collective and insulting HISSY FIT when I humorously shamed them for blocking our only source of revenue, ads. I was busy rapidly reinventing myself to find employment after being the leader of a conspiracy theory website for 12+ years and could not afford to pay the bills myself. 

Effing Eff your comment really pissed me off.
(04-30-2024, 10:25 AM)TheSkepticOverlord Wrote: If that's possible, then it's likely that my global SQL-injection prevention script was disabled or altered. It was a simple method of limiting all post/get variables character length to only what was needed (along with trapping common injection commands). If a command was detected, or the variable exceeded a set length, then the script exited.

I do a lot of development and have moved any accessors to ORMs such as Dapper.  Not sure if it's avaiilable on your platform or not.  It makes use of parameterization of queries which mitigates SQL injection and another benefit is you can call stored procediuires by name rather than method "exec ...".  I hate having inline SQL.
(05-01-2024, 11:12 AM)TheSkepticOverlord Wrote: Seriously? PISS OFF!

The vast majority of entitled members enjoying the robust suite of free custom discussion tools had a collective and insulting HISSY FIT when I humorously shamed them for blocking our only source of revenue, ads. I was busy rapidly reinventing myself to find employment after being the leader of a conspiracy theory website for 12+ years and could not afford to pay the bills myself. 

I will not respond to your personal insults and wish you all the best in your farming endeavors while you have the hissy fit here and show blatant ignorance towards the subject matter which is why ATS was left with no known owner at the helm.

I'm sorry that ATS didn't turn into a cash-cow for you but firing off insults to me won't make things better.

Beer

Wisdom knocks quietly, always listen carefully. And never hit "SEND" or "REPLY" without engaging brain first.
(04-30-2024, 10:25 AM)TheSkepticOverlord Wrote: If that's possible, then it's likely that my global SQL-injection prevention script was disabled or altered.

Or they found a place you missed applying the script, or the script has a flaw itself.
(05-01-2024, 11:12 AM)TheSkepticOverlord Wrote: Seriously? PISS OFF!

Wow.

Since the sale, ATS has been going downhill and fast.  I think many ATS members feel the sale was not in the best interests of the ATS Community.    Maybe selling ATS to people who don't seem to give AF is what was being questioned.
Not what you did before the sale for over a decade.
(05-01-2024, 02:26 PM)ArMaP Wrote: Or they found a place you missed applying the script, or the script has a flaw itself.

XMB is so old, there's only so much one can do without overhauling the entire codebase. They haven't updated shit since Richard, the man that ran the project, nuked the site on the way out the door over a decade ago. They set up again at xmbforum2.com but they never fully recovered. Deny Ignorance is ran off of MyBB which is a fork of the XMB project. From what I've read, they forked prior to Richards abandonment, back in 2002. I wanna say that XMB 1.6 Magic Lantern was the current XMB version back in '02, and I think ATS stopped at XMB 1.8 or one of it's later service packs. Maybe 1.9, but that's where the project died. There was never a 2.0.
[Image: colorblocksig.png]
[Image: 9BJdDXtl.png]
Well… we’ve managed to beat a dead horse again. 

Meant this as a celebration of life for my most beloved website on the entire web. And I know I’m not alone in that love.

I wish the best on all former and current owners, employees, moderations and contributors who created an amazing piece of history.  The world will be worse off for its passing. And I for one will cry. Even as I do now writing this.

But let’s celebrate this wonderful site. 

I will repost here one of my first threads, which hardly anyone noticed or cared:
Quote:A BIG Thank You to all of ATS

Thank you to all the ATS workers and moderators for all the wonderful work you do! 

Also, a big thank you to all the posters. From the sublime and knowledgeable helping me dig through the illusory machinations of the MSM, to the divine masters of ascendancy helping me explore consciousness and reality, to the the accepting who show me that no matter what the theory there are still those out there who "want to believe." 

Thank you, 
pianopraze 
(05-01-2024, 10:01 PM)pianopraze Wrote: Well… we’ve managed to beat a dead horse again. 

Meant this as a celebration of life for my most beloved website on the entire web. And I know I’m not alone in that love.

I wish the best on all former and current owners, employees, moderations and contributors who created an amazing piece of history.  The world will be worse off for its passing. And I for one will cry. Even as I do now writing this.

But let’s celebrate this wonderful site. 

I will repost here one of my first threads, which hardly anyone noticed or cared:

Agreed. A celebration of life, not of death. Nothing can be done about it now. It simply is.