deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.75 Average
-@TH3WH17ERABB17- -Q- ---TIME TO SHOW THE WORLD---
Re: Waterglass’s last post…I can’t figure out how to incorporate a quote here.

If it makes you feel any better, I’m one of those people and obviously a large circle of my friends are current or former feds.

I’ve never heard of recalling anyone from retirement (I retired fairly recently), none of my friends have been approached about it, and nobody who’s still in government is in a panic. I’m fairly certain I’d know by now.

Every office I was assigned to was about forty percent understaffed according to guidelines. We still had plenty of slow times and time for potlucks and barbecues during work hours. 

FWIW, what I know some offices have done with limited success is to mail out a packet to recent retirees offering them to return in support roles. One of the top people at one office I was at came back and I was then technically his boss. Super nice guy so I didn’t mind at all. Since he still had a clearance and was familiar with databases, he was only tasked with gathering data and forwarding it to others. Still a nice gig, but one that very few people accepted.

Messages In This Thread
RE: -@TH3WH17ERABB17- -Q- ---TIME TO SHOW THE WORLD--- - by Rainmaker - 05-17-2024, 03:01 PM