deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Residential property. Is there a dark plan?
So a thought just occurred to me as I was reading about how large portions and in some areas, majorities of homes are owned not by the people living there but by corporations, namely Vanguard and Blackrock.
I see it all over my area.  My middle-class suburbia has, over the years, given way to transient occupants.  Many yards are unkept.  Multiple cars in the driveways and streets.  The list of symptoms goes on....

Now .... What would happen if, say, Blackrock ran into financial troubles.  Much like a bank, would the govermnent jump in to bail them out?  If so, would the govermment then own the properties? 
Yeah...very topical example and high-level question but my line if thinking goes along with another recent topic where there's speculation that one of the reasons we saw so many riots in cities with urban "rehab" zones is so property could then be bought up at a fraction of the pre-destruction prices.
Could this also possibly happen in residential areas?

There's tons of articles and statistics and data to back up the buying sprees corps have been going on in residential areas and I'm too lazy and busy right now to post any but it's easily Googled.

Thoughts?

Messages In This Thread
Residential property. Is there a dark plan? - by Raptured - 06-18-2024, 10:19 AM