deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
VPNs haven't been useful since 2002
There are a lot of misconceptions and misapprehensions about encryption "invulnerability."

People rarely go the extra step in their imaginations and presume that if I send a 'secret' message to someone it 'needs' to be encrypted...  that may not be necessary.

I may also speak in a cryptic manner... while you may understand the message content, you may not understand the message meaning.  Messages can be layered in allegory, metaphor, double entendre, and numerous exceedingly subtle ways.  You many not be aware that my point of contact and I have 'understandings' that go beyond the mere linguistics.  Now multiply that with using multiple languages simultaneously, or referring to object external to the communication which might have an altered meaning, etc.

Cryptography is not merely a matter of codes... its a matter of encoding.

There are some encryption forms that will never be broken except by the creator and his target... you kind of have to think sideways to get past it.  Most technical writers marvel at the numerous and almost musical way things can be encrypted... but that's just the data... the math.  There's more to human communications than math.

Messages In This Thread
VPNs haven't been useful since 2002 - by Maxmars - 05-07-2024, 03:52 PM
RE: VPNs haven't been useful since 2002 - by Nerb - 05-07-2024, 07:58 PM
RE: VPNs haven't been useful since 2002 - by Maxmars - 06-16-2024, 05:15 PM
RE: VPNs haven't been useful since 2002 - by l0st - 06-17-2024, 02:30 PM
RE: VPNs haven't been useful since 2002 - by l0st - 06-17-2024, 03:47 PM