deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns
(06-15-2024, 01:47 PM)l0st Wrote: I personally don't think its at all reasonable to expect anyone to remember one of the 96 pronouns for each student. Calling people numbers is insulting and degrading. These kids aren't in prison or s concentration camp.

People remember the standard pronouns because there are only two and they coincide with visual appearance.

I keep asking questions on threads on this topic for years now and notice I NEVER seem to get straight answers or more often than not bo answers at all. It certainly appears that members of this movement seem to think they have the right to dictate to others.

Adult life is not a parent-child relationship. Nobody has to follow this movement's edicts by decree.

So here are the questions again:

Where are all the kindergarten activists?
Why was this not in issue in my childhood?
If the gender changes are real, why the need for life long pharmaceuticals?
Why do we need new bathrooms?
Why do we need 96 new pronouns?
Why has the movement hijacked causes related to sexual orientation when the claim is that the issue is non-sexual?
What rights does this group claim are being restricted?
Why is there a causal link between child transgenderism and parents with Borderline Personality Disorder?
Why is the rate of narcissistic sociopathy in this group so high? I read a study that said 87% of this group is diagnosed with a dark triad disorder.
Why does this group claim no mental illness when the condition is listed in the DSM?
Why is the desire to cut off one's hand or arm considered a serious medical emergency but desire to cut off one's genitals considered perfectly normal?

See, I think these are legitimate questions and frankly, they're the same ones a lot of people outside this movement also have. The fact that this movement simply ignores these questions is in my opinion a huge red flag, and the lack of response is a disservice to members of that community.

I think I already know what the answer is though, and I don't get answers because these are very uncomfortable questions for proponents of these treatments because they may shed light on the fact that things might not be as they seem.

Respectfully as I pointed out to Annee I jokingly suggested the number system, to handle this absurd problem. As for it being insulting and degrading, that's just your hyperbolic thoughts, virtually no different than the person wanting to be called by their personal designer pronouns 

It was a substitute teacher, not a regular teacher. Doesn't sound as if there was difficulty with the regular teachers, so it was likely just a pissy student with a pissy substitute. Substitute teachers get abused a lot of times, even back in the day. 

My point generally is I'm against anything that disrupts or takes away from teachers actually teaching. If we bend to all the individual needs of the students there would be no time left for real teaching. 

As for your points most, valid or not don't even apply to this specific thread. It all comes down to the Wyoming Board of Education standards and practices. You know like actual state laws, and the less the DC is involved the better. Not sure if it was approved or not. 

[Image: cowboystatedaily.com.ico]https://cowboystatedaily.com › 2024 › 02 › 27 › senate-passes-bill-that-would-ban-forced-use-of-preferred-pronouns-in-wyomingBill Banning Forced Use Of Preferred Pronouns Passes Wyoming Senate
Feb 27, 2024A bill that would ban Wyoming state and county governments, along with public schools, from forcing people to use preferred gender pronouns passed the Senate on Tuesday and now moves to the House for consideration.

https://www.edweek.org/leadership/laws-o...nd/2023/05

Where are all the kindergarten activists? Does not apply
Why was this not in issue in my childhood? Does not apply the world changes 
If the gender changes are real, why the need for life long pharmaceuticals? Does not apply
Why do we need new bathrooms? Does not apply
Why do we need 96 new pronouns? Applies 
Why has the movement hijacked causes related to sexual orientation when the claim is that the issue is non-sexual? Does not apply
What rights does this group claim are being restricted? Marginal at best
Why is there a causal link between child transgenderism and parents with Borderline Personality Disorder?Does not apply
Why is the rate of narcissistic sociopathy in this group so high? I read a study that said 87% of this group is diagnosed with a dark triad disorder. Does not apply
Why does this group claim no mental illness when the condition is listed in the DSM? Does not apply
Why is the desire to cut off one's hand or arm considered a serious medical emergency but desire to cut off one's genitals considered perfectly normal? Does not apply
His mind was not for rent to any god or government, always hopeful yet discontent. Knows changes aren't permanent, but change is ....                                                                                                                   
Professor
Neil Ellwood Peart  

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns - by putnam6 - 06-15-2024, 07:59 PM