deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns
(06-14-2024, 11:20 AM)ANNEE Wrote: In the past, school records were considered government documents, and parents typically did not have direct access to them. However, this changed with the implementation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) in 1974. FERPA ensures the privacy of student education records and grants certain rights to parents and eligible students. Here are some key points about FERPA:
  1. Privacy Protection: FERPA applies to all schools that receive federal funds. It defines “education records” as files, documents, and materials directly related to a student and maintained by an educational agency or institution[sup]1[/sup]. Schools must protect these records from unauthorized disclosure.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Right.

50 years ago.

Since people take roughly 18 to complete a public school education then the youngest person alive to have experienced this is now 68 years old. I don't mean to be offensive but are you really hanging your hat on a 70 year old argument?

(06-14-2024, 04:37 PM)ANNEE Wrote: Where did I mention having sex or sexuality?

Seems to me it's been a while since you've been personally involved with public schools.

BTW - to get back to topic -- trans kids at my kids' school are respected by the teachers/staff and addressed as they wish to be addressed.  They also have "open door" counseling if a kid needs to talk to someone.

Really?

Transgenderism is a sexual orientation. If you're saying it's not, where are all the kindergarteners demanding to be called different names and pronouns?
Why has the trans community hijacked gay rights organizations like HRC that were specifically created for issues surrounding sexual orientation?

Calling someone by their real name is not disrespectful.

So, if the student wants to be called a different name every day of the week, because they are "gender fluid" and feel 5 different pronouns that week is the teacher supposed to accommodate that as well?

There is a strong link between transgender youth and abuse at home by s narcissistic sociopath/borderline personality disorder - typically the mother.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns - by l0st - 06-14-2024, 04:45 PM