deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns
(06-14-2024, 04:11 PM)l0st Wrote: Students don't go to public school to explore their sexuality. That is a process solely reserved for their own personal time and has no place in a classroom. Students go to public schools to learn life skills and that is the ONLY commission of said institutions.

Most kids don't start having sex until college. They've run studies here and something like 17% of students lose their virginity while still attending high school, and they almost certainly did NOT lose their actual virginity inside the school.

I fail to see how the student's sexuality has any relevance to the classroom experience. The student does not attend classes for the purpose of discussion about their sexuality.

Like I said before, maybe a topic for discussion in health and biology. Outside of that I fail to see how the students sexuality is at all relevant for math class. Care to explain the relationship between human sexuality and algebra?
Where did I mention having sex or sexuality?

Seems to me it's been a while since you've been personally involved with public schools.

BTW - to get back to topic -- trans kids at my kids' school are respected by the teachers/staff and addressed as they wish to be addressed.  They also have "open door" counseling if a kid needs to talk to someone.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns - by ANNEE - 06-14-2024, 04:37 PM