deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns
(06-13-2024, 09:27 PM)l0st Wrote: I'm not sure where you are, but I'm fairly certain that in the US, where the incident took place, had never restricted access to a person's own school and medical records - at least, not within my lifetime... And I've been around for a WHILE now.
In the past, school records were considered government documents, and parents typically did not have direct access to them. However, this changed with the implementation of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) in 1974. FERPA ensures the privacy of student education records and grants certain rights to parents and eligible students. Here are some key points about FERPA:
  1. Privacy Protection: FERPA applies to all schools that receive federal funds. It defines “education records” as files, documents, and materials directly related to a student and maintained by an educational agency or institution[sup]1[/sup]. Schools must protect these records from unauthorized disclosure.
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns - by ANNEE - 06-14-2024, 11:20 AM