deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC
My take on that at first glance is that the goodness or badness of that feature is both subjective and objective depending on who has access and how it's used.

It's clearly something that is a valuable tool when it's not available to anyone but the user and that user's needs. It's a dangerous weapon if it has a back door available to other than the user or can be accessed without permission for nefarious purposes.

I'd say if Microsoft's true intent is to enhance their software and it's a feature that can be used or rejected by the end user, it's just another potentially useful feature and nothing more.

Now if Microsoft's goal is to spy for nefarious reasons, that's another story, but why would Microsoft want to keep a record of screenshots of all PC users? That brings me back to the issue I have with grand conspiracies. It would take so many people or so much computing power to monitor it, it makes no sense at all. Of course they could filter it, but it would need to be reviewed at some point by human eyes. It seems to me it would tie up so many people and so much computing power as to make it almost absurd to think that's the goal. To monitor everyone that is.

The real problem is not Microsoft, nor would Microsoft's plan be to monitor everyone. The problem would come if the government used it without a warrant to observe individuals. But then they can already do that.

As long as it's a feature that can be added or removed at will, I'd have no issue with it.
"Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech."
- Benjamin Franklin -

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Kenzo - 06-12-2024, 02:03 PM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Blaine91555 - 06-12-2024, 03:15 PM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Kenzo - 06-13-2024, 01:02 AM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Maxmars - 06-12-2024, 03:38 PM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by pianopraze - 06-13-2024, 10:51 AM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Kenzo - 06-13-2024, 12:17 PM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Blaine91555 - 06-13-2024, 12:53 PM