deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSL Issues
DSL Issues

I was going to put this in the Science and Technology subcategory, but we're having parenting issues again, so we'll stick it here instead:

Internet's been down all day here. I re-booted once at around 9:00 AM, and it came back on long enough to boot the computer, and aside from that the DSL modem has been re-booting itself all day, but the internet light just kept going red.

They've really been pushing the fidium and I would like to upgrade; the only problem really is that an appt. with these guys destroys the better part of a day. I do have a two-day window where a friend can wait and call me if necessary, so that's what I'm prepping for.

I think I need reliability more than the additional speed, plus they keep jacking the bill up saying that it's costly to maintain DSL(older technology) and that the upgrade would even get my bill down.

I don't use the computer for games, and the music plays fine, but downloading videos can be a bit time consuming although it's not really that much of a problem.

I don't know if this place does idle logouts, but I'm feeling that if I don't sign off soon I might get stranded here - I hate it when that happens.