deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC
Just warning about the new Copilot+ PCs .....

Microsoft has added keylogger / scanning feature to new Copilot+ PCs range . I can allready see some people will go buy those even without knowing this feature Rolleyes 

I think i will not update my WIN 10 to 11 after reading about this, i mean if there is even remote change they will add this feature to Win update by force in future ?

Microsoft Announces Feature That Saves a Screenshot of Your Computer Every Few Seconds. What Could Go Wrong?

Quote: 
Attempts to normalise ever more intrusive ‘SMART’ technologies have taken a concerning turn with Microsoft’s recent announcement of the Recall feature planned for its Copilot+ Windows 11 PC range.
Whilst not marketed as a surveillance capability, a system which automatically takes a screenshot of the user’s activity every few seconds, and saves it as a permanent record, opens up worrying possibilities.
Microsoft’s argument for this capability is that it avoids people having to remember where they put a file, or which webpages they were viewing, and by scanning these stored images with machine learning algorithms, and by utilising the capabilities of Large Language Models.
Recall can help users to ‘recall’ those things which most people can remember whilst relying solely on that hardware which resides inside their own skulls. The intention is that users can ask the AI running upon their computer a question using natural conversational language, and it can return to them an answer based upon, or including a record of, their earlier activity.
Formerly ‘surveillance’ was regarded as a ‘dirty word’ – to paraphrase General Melchett from Blackadder, it would perhaps belong somewhere close to ‘crevice’ – and Government agencies went to great lengths to reduce the impression of intrusiveness by describing some of their programmes as collecting ‘only’ metadata in an attempt to allay the concerns of the, rightly angry, public.

As i understand , big companys like Microsoft can give data to goverment if they ask it . Are you a dissident ?Are you against vaccines ? Are you independent thinker ?  Maybe the AI can make profile about you and report about you ?

Crazy times huh Wow

Messages In This Thread
Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Kenzo - 06-12-2024, 02:03 PM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Blaine91555 - 06-12-2024, 03:15 PM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Kenzo - 06-13-2024, 01:02 AM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Maxmars - 06-12-2024, 03:38 PM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by pianopraze - 06-13-2024, 10:51 AM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Kenzo - 06-13-2024, 12:17 PM
RE: Microsoft’s Copilot+ PC - by Blaine91555 - 06-13-2024, 12:53 PM