deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns
(06-09-2024, 10:13 PM)ANNEE Wrote: Would you know anything about any of this if you weren't on a discussion forum / conspiracy site?

Absolutely. Its completely unavoidable and been shoved in the faces of the pubilc non-stop on a multi-time-a-day basis for 14 years, now. How can anyone miss it? If I had just arrived to Earth from another planet and sat down to watch an hour of commercials, I would think that every other citizen of the US is Trans or a drag queen, the majority of the US population is Black, and mixed race families the norm, but the exact opposite is true.

And that's exactly my point about the agenda seeming to be inorganic. When you look at other socio-political movements there have always been undertones and murmurings of issues going on behind the scenes for decades in advance. Taking the gay rights movement as an example, the first steps of the movement were made in the 70's, took a good 30 years to start seeing any real traction.

When you take a look at the transgenderism movement, it just comes out of nowhere around 2010. There were no public discussions, no murmurings, nobody ever even cared about public restrooms then *boom* its all over the media - every news channel, every paper, every news and political pundit site. As soon as discussion of the topic started in forums like these, a bunch of "new members of the CT community" suddenly materialized out of nowhere and had answers, responses, retorts, even catchy taglines like "Trans women are women!" I honestly had no idea that the CT community at large had such a strong interest from that demographic.

Thinking back before this odd explosion of activity on the topic, the only public references to transgenderism I can recall that the general public would know about are episodes of Jerry Springer and Phil Donahue in the 90s where people who were transitioning and doing things like taking pills to change their voices were covered in the interviews on these shows. Yet strangely, all the issues with bathrooms and medical care and pronouns were never brought up. I can only assume these people used the restroom somewhere in public. They got their pills from some doctor, and somehow managed to scrape by with the standard set of pronouns, but if one believes the current messaging you'd think that all of the above were completely impossible, especially in the 90s.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns - by l0st - 06-10-2024, 12:37 AM