deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns
(06-09-2024, 08:36 PM)l0st Wrote: It certainly feels as though transgenderism is being placed on a pedestal above all of those other aspects. Take a look at the history of Black racism in the United States and you'll find that the civil rights movements of the 1960s developed over the course of decades, which eventually culminated in marches, sit-ins, protests, etc.

What strikes me as being odd about the transgenderism movement is that it feels 110% completely inorganic. Nobody ever thought about or cared about trans issues until roughly 2010 when all of a sudden Tranny bathrooms are the #1 topic in the news cycle as the first demand from this group, followed shortly after by more and more demands -- pronouns, medical access for children,  etc.

The strange thing is, there was/is no law preventing transgenderism. Any full grown adult has always had the option of getting as many plastic surgeries and hormone injections as they want with the support of a qualified doctor. Crossdressers have been around forever yet never seemed to have any issue figuring out which bathroom to use, nor did they demand their own special bathroom just for themselves. There have been numerous demands for "trans rights" yet when approached, not a single member of this group seems to be able to articulate the rights they are actually missing.

Re-framing the statement as "Socializing and ALL ASPECTS OF WHO A PERSON IS" really doesn't change anything. Why are social "sciences" being given priority in public schools over hard sciences that are actually part of the curriculum? My observation has been throughout this whole thing that transgenderism is not being added to the school curriculum, transgenderism is being pushed by a limited subset of liberal, activist teachers, psychologists, and medical professionals as a solution to "gender dysphoria," an affliction for which the medical community can't even agree what the criteria are for diagnosis.

Public schools have always been commissioned for teaching hard skills. If one wants to study sociology, psychology, or work in theoretical sciences the appropriate venue for such education and study is college and always has been. Public schools do not teach theory and conjecture.

I went to school in the 50s/60s. My kids were in high school in the 80's.  My granddaughter graduated in 2000.

And now I am hands-on, right now, in high school with a 16-year-old.

Needs and priorities change. 

The only pushing I'm experiencing is coming from the kids themselves.  It's a whole new world.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns - by ANNEE - 06-09-2024, 08:46 PM