deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns
(06-08-2024, 05:56 PM)Karl12 Wrote: I always thought you were a man Byrd - not that it matters.

Can you not grasp what Jordan is saying here about the inherent dangers of state sponsored absurdity?

Let people believe whatever they want - I think everyone agrees with that one (unless it physically harms children like MAPs).

The government has absolutely no business getting involved - and I've seen what happens when it does.

I think it's a pushback against politeness.

Politeness has gone from being "noble and worthy of emulation" and a standard for anyone in the society to being associated with "snowflake" and "tree hugger" and other derogatory terms.

When someone's intentionally rude to another person over a fairly trivial matter (a name), then the odds are pretty decent that they're doing it to be mean and to force a confrontation.  That's not an appropriate way to treat a child.

The child didn't ask to be bullied by an adult.  The child only asked for a preferred method of address.

Teachers are supposed to be empathic towards students -- a teacher who understands where the student is coming from can be a better manager of classroom problems.  Our modern school system approach (as flawed as it is) is a HUGE step up from the old system, where education was NOT a right and if you wanted an education, you danced to the demands of whoever the teacher was.  If the teacher wanted to beat you with a bookstrap, that was just fine.

So firing this guy is appropriate.  Kids don't need to be bullied by adults.

Oh... yes, I'm a woman.  Never made a secret of it.  HOWEVER... what you're noticing is that my text 'genders' as male (run my stuff through any "textual gender analysis program and you'll see that I come out as "male" or "mostly male.")

Messages In This Thread
RE: Teacher was fired for refusing to call children by their preferred pronouns - by Byrd - 06-09-2024, 05:38 PM