deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
'Being Offended' Thread.
(06-06-2024, 04:15 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: If one goes and lives in a densely populated city, generally the rules of civilized behavior are defined for them.  Again, somewhere in the middle a balance must be struck, but who is allowed to make those rules...and more importantly, who is not?

Really do appreciate the thoughtful reply there FCD and thought you asked a mighty important question there.

Who gets to do the defining lol?

Which groups get to be supposed arbiters of moral integrity or what people say, write or think?

Is it intelligence agencies via mockingbird media? Is it military intelligence via domestic Psy-Ops? Is it foreign governments bribing (I mean lobbying) the political system to promote specifically concocted ideologies? Is it non governmental organisations funded by eugenicist families like the Fords, Rockefellers and Carnegies?

Basically is it just those groups who throw enough money in the proverbial pot for covert social conditioning programmes (and what potentially subversive agendas do these people actually have)?

Hitchens asks at the beginning of this clip 'who gets to decide?' and as Peterson says in this clip it's probably going to be 'the last people in the world you would want doing it'.

(06-06-2024, 04:15 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: I can't speak for others, but I don't think that's a world I particularly look forward to living in.  One potential solution (at least in my perhaps twisted mind) is to ask people who scream the loudest for 'tolerance' and for protection from being 'offended' to simply take a good, long, hard look at themselves in the mirror.  Accepting that we all have 'selfish' motivations is a little bit easier to swallow than openly (or even privately) admitting that we are 'hypocrites'.  Because after all, we all have a bit of hypocrisy in our souls, every single one of us.

Yes definitely appreciate where you're coming from and do salute your opinions - I know for a fact I'm not perfect and can definitely be a bit hypocritical at times (I do try to keep it in check lol).

To my mind 'free speech' (like 'free enquiry') is insanely important for a healthy, functioning society and couldn't agree more with this guy when it comes to the eventual outcome of state sponsored censorship.

Also thought this was a pretty powerful quote:

[Image: zr610e3eb4.jpg]

Beer

Messages In This Thread
'Being Offended' Thread. - by Karl12 - 06-04-2024, 08:54 AM
RE: 'Being Offended' Thread. - by Karl12 - 06-04-2024, 10:07 AM
RE: 'Being Offended' Thread. - by K218b - 06-04-2024, 05:41 PM
RE: 'Being Offended' Thread. - by Maxmars - 06-04-2024, 06:59 PM
RE: 'Being Offended' Thread. - by jaded - 06-04-2024, 08:12 PM
RE: 'Being Offended' Thread. - by Maxmars - 06-04-2024, 08:52 PM
RE: 'Being Offended' Thread. - by Karl12 - 06-05-2024, 09:29 AM
RE: 'Being Offended' Thread. - by Karl12 - 06-05-2024, 04:41 AM