deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gain-of-Function Research on Bird Flu Could Spark ‘Great Pandemic’
At times there has been conspiracy talk about a new Pandemic disrupting society and possibly even the upcoming elections in the USA. I have not really been to concerned one way or the other especially after the last COVID scare.

I got COVID after the military games held in Wuhan China spread the virus around the world; that was before COVID was a known entity. I think I was 72 years old back then and was treated for pneumonia and fever for 5 days . I was down but back playing golf in 8 days (not very well but there I was !)  Gain of function may be rearing it's ugly head once again ? Ex-CDC Director Warns Gain-of-Function Research on Bird Flu Could Spark ‘Great Pandemic’
Quote: 

‘Bird flu, I think, is going to be the cause of a great pandemic—where they are teaching these viruses how to be more infectious for humans,’ Dr. Redfield said.
Dr. Robert Redfield, former director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has issued a grim warning about the dangers of gain-of-function research, predicting that scientists tinkering with making the bird flu virus more infectious is what will trigger the next “great pandemic.”
Dr. Redfield, who in the past railed against the use of U.S. tax dollars to fund gain-of-function research at the Chinese virus lab at the heart of the COVID-19 origin controversy, is once again sounding the alarm on the dangers of risky scientific experiments going badly awry.In a recent interview on NewsNation, Dr. Redfield recalled a recent op-ed he wrote in The Wall Street Journal calling for a moratorium on gain-of-function research, which involves altering the properties of a pathogen, such as its virulence, in order to study its potential impact on human health.
https://lists.theepochtimes.com/links/QX...9Y2FizAzJC

Messages In This Thread
Gain-of-Function Research on Bird Flu Could Spark ‘Great Pandemic’ - by 727Sky - 05-15-2024, 07:55 AM