deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We assume too much
This is something we all do, but it seems as time goes on we are living in a world where we assume way too much.

I see this in our discussions on social media all the time. Two people talking, one says something the other doesn't agree with, and so the assumption battle begins. And so many times, just because two people have a different opinion on something they automatically assume the other is crazy, or stupid, or whatever. Are we all doctors? Psychics? Why do we think we are qualified to judge another human being so quickly and harshly, simply because they believe in something you don't? This is not intelligence. There's a 99.9% chance you're wrong in your assumption, and yet I will see people fight to the death that theyre right, when in fact they are dead wrong.

Im sure you've all had someone, if not many many people assume things about you that were way off. I certainly have. And it's always so concerning how wrong people can be, and yet be so convinced they know what they're talking about.

But they're wrong. And these same people will go around telling other people this assumption.....and then they'll believe it. Some times for life!

I cannot even begin to write out the words that can describe how idiotic we all can actually be.

I know I've done it, and am guilty here.

We need to stop. We're just not as smart as we think we are.

If we were.....none of us would be in the mess we are all in.

We really need to stop assuming so much. It does not exude intelligence.

That it is all. Carry on. Beer

Messages In This Thread
We assume too much - by Leftiris - 05-07-2024, 04:23 PM
RE: We assume too much - by Maxmars - 05-07-2024, 04:42 PM
RE: We assume too much - by Leftiris - 05-07-2024, 05:08 PM
RE: We assume too much - by VulcanWerks - 05-07-2024, 09:15 PM
RE: We assume too much - by Leftiris - 05-08-2024, 07:38 AM