deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you play a musical instrument?
I do not play, I tried to play the piano whenni was young, I wanted to be like my dad who can play the piano. I was too frustrated and my parents had me stop because they saw I was not ready. I tried to play the tennor saxophone. I was not much better at that I could not track the notes. The notes on the page would blend then squish together. My processing was slow and to top it all off I found out that two of the fingers on my left hand would regularly lock. When I got to high-school I discovered choir and it was so much better for me because I could follow the notes with my fingers on the page so they would not get all jumbled up. Fast forward to where I am now.... I don't play. I sing for fun but an not great. I enjoy teaching the little ones I am teaching about rhythm and notes and am getting quality percussion instruments into my class. 

One thing I have learned. For anyone who wants to get a kid a musical instrument to play with... just get a real one and teach them how to use it. You will thank me for the overall sound quality over the cheaper plastic counterparts.
Have a sunshine type of day! Cool Cool

Messages In This Thread
Do you play a musical instrument? - by Tecate - 03-09-2024, 11:03 PM
RE: Do you play a musical instrument? - by SnrRog - 03-11-2024, 03:45 PM
RE: Do you play a musical instrument? - by Tecate - 03-16-2024, 11:00 AM
RE: Do you play a musical instrument? - by Byrd - 04-07-2024, 10:46 AM
RE: Do you play a musical instrument? - by Cre8Chaos - 04-07-2024, 12:47 PM
RE: Do you play a musical instrument? - by Tecate - 04-29-2024, 05:28 PM