deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What's all the hubbub about the solar eclipse
(04-04-2024, 04:20 AM)Rainmaker Wrote: A year ago I would have run to ATS to share this; I’m now proud to make this my “home” forum. 

First of all, I’m firmly in the camp of not caring at all about the eclipse. It will be just another day for me, albeit one where I avoid potentially crowded areas. I live in rural extreme northern Vermont and we are expecting around 250,000 people to come to my area to see the eclipse. You read that correctly, not 25,000.

Those who know me from ATS also know I’m not ashamed to admit I’m a fairly recently-retired fed. Thus, most of my friends are or were in the federal government as well.

I was chatting with someone who is still employed by the government just now when the individual dropped a bombshell that I’ve never heard mentioned. This person commented how my wife and I are some of the most calm people they know when it comes to the eclipse. Almost everyone in the area is in some sort of panic, whether it be fear of widespread crime, power outages, or natural disasters. 

I shrugged my shoulders and told this person that we simply don’t care because we are both lifelong preparedness-lifestyle types and being prepared for anything means we panic at nothing. This individual then sort of smiled and said something to the effect of, “I know why you’re not in a panic, and I know why I’m not and (person we both know well) isn’t in a panic either.” I thought the comment was odd and I asked what they meant. The reply was chilling because this person still works for the government and certainly knows a lot more than was being revealed. 

The response was, “what will people do if the eclipse doesn’t happen? What if nothing close to an eclipse is observed? Quite the opposite of panic, I’d say. So don’t expect any panic that day”. I asked for further details and all I got was “you’ll see”.

Interesting... although I don't see how any government could stop an eclipse. As Byrd said, it's sort of out of our hands. Unless someone has developed the technology to move the planet or moon around, that is.

I really don't know what's going on, and so far I haven't been able to decipher any reasonable explanation for the over-preparedness. Heck,  I'm going to get less than 90% coverage, and I just saw where our local schools are shutting down that afternoon. The excuse is that they think it will be too dark for the bus drivers to drive safely, but how do they pick up kids in the winter when it's dark? That excuse just doesn't hold water.

I don't think it's going to be a rapture... not that I'm not always trying to stay ready just in case. The signs, assuming I am reading them right, are not yet. If anything is actually going on, it will have to do with our government pulling something new. I've been expecting for a few years now an armed violence outbreak designed to usher in more gun control, but that hasn't happened... maybe this is the preparation for a false flag? Stage a violent outbreak, blame it on "conservatives," and use it to demand more gun control? After all, Jan. 6, 2021 was effectively sold as an "insurrection," so why not?

Come to think of it, "MAGA" is the new boogeyman in politics and there is an election coming up... maybe blame it on the "MAGA conservatives" to try and shift sentiment in the face of the upcoming election? Dual purpose? Nobody panic... this is just me thinking out loud.

Anyway, I hope I'm wrong... but I certainly don't trust the government, especially this one. I'm sure they have something up their sleeve besides their arm. I just don't know what.

TheRedneck

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's all the hubbub about the solar eclipse - by TheRedneck - 04-05-2024, 11:14 PM