deny ignorance.

Login to account Create an account  

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Climate Scam
(04-04-2024, 06:25 AM)Essan Wrote: It's important to recognise that there is a very big difference between hundreds of thousands of scientists - meteorologists, geologists, climatologists, glaciologists, oceanographers etc - studying and highlighting the impact human activity is having on Earth's climate, often to the detriment of human society  -  and those who take this information and use it for money making scams or seek to profit from it in other ways.

The latter do not invalidate the former.

Respectfully, I agree. 

Scientific understanding, however, is not a matter of social amplification.  "Science" is not dependent on the 'voice' it is given by media alarmism, and celebrity buy-in.  It is not about social and political opportunism and profit-seeking propaganda.

Were there any venue of scientific "consensus" I would certainly heed it.  But there is none.  Too much "club-membership" and not enough judicious analysis.

The number of collected science "opinions" is never a matter of scientists pursuing science.  "Aggregation" and "curation" of desired public utterances is not presented to "make the science seem certain" by activist scientists.  Science fact is not subject to "appearances" uttered by glamorous faces and talking heads.  To render it so makes it the object of "convincing".  Facts exists irrespective of "convincing."

I never mean to imply that 'science' is uncertain... only incomplete. 

As long as I see it being a matter of 'social' ridicule and 'club-memberships' I will know that it is more important to the information peddlers that I acquiesce, rather than understand.  I seek to understand.

We have spent too much time listening to opinion, and very little acknowledging that we have been studying this subject for a pitifully short time... denying that we have a lot to learn and pretending that we 'know' what has been happening on this planet for millennia. We simply don't.

Climate changes. It always has.  It has never been the case that "things will stop changing" or that "we" have the power to stop it.  We never have, and never will...

We need to accept that MONEY is the only 'speech" that is amplified in the media.  Social and political 'glory' and 'virtue' is the only common denominator in what we are being sold.  I prefer to discover or be told the truth, not made to "buy into it" for social comfort.

Messages In This Thread
Climate Scam - by guyfriday - 03-28-2024, 09:32 PM
RE: Climate Scam - by argentus - 03-31-2024, 08:02 PM
RE: Climate Scam - by Nerb - 05-01-2024, 03:44 PM
RE: Climate Scam - by Maxmars - 03-31-2024, 08:54 PM
RE: Climate Scam - by Essan - 04-04-2024, 06:25 AM
RE: Climate Scam - by Maxmars - 04-04-2024, 01:53 PM
RE: Climate Scam - by Byrd - 04-04-2024, 11:40 AM
RE: Climate Scam - by guyfriday - 04-04-2024, 03:50 PM
RE: Climate Scam - by Byrd - 04-05-2024, 09:30 AM
RE: Climate Scam - by quintessentone - 04-05-2024, 01:48 PM
RE: Climate Scam - by pianopraze - 04-05-2024, 09:27 PM